Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- Dilligaf - 2012-02-23

monkeybounce Wrote:Under Re-Encoding options at the very bottom of the page.

Make sure you're up to date. It didn't appear for me until I updated as it wasn't there before.

No, it's not there, tried clearing cache and still missing. Checked for updates and I'm up to date. I did update earlier today though. Version: 3931e91f8a0ba97fef498b0944dabe56b7822f3f is what I show. Also tried in a different browser (IE) which is never used, still no dropdown.

Mike

Found it. The box doesn't show up in the remix skin. Had to change to the default skin to find it.

- Robahearts - 2012-02-23

Dilligaf Wrote:No, it's not there, tried clearing cache and still missing. Checked for updates and I'm up to date. I did update earlier today though. Version: 3931e91f8a0ba97fef498b0944dabe56b7822f3f is what I show. Also tried in a different browser (IE) which is never used, still no dropdown.

Mike

Found it. The box doesn't show up in the remix skin. Had to change to the default skin to find it.

I rebooted Headphones and it gave me the option to update. :o

- rembo10 - 2012-02-23

Dilligaf Wrote:No, it's not there, tried clearing cache and still missing. Checked for updates and I'm up to date. I did update earlier today though. Version: 3931e91f8a0ba97fef498b0944dabe56b7822f3f is what I show. Also tried in a different browser (IE) which is never used, still no dropdown.

Mike

Sorry about that - i sometimes forget to update the remix files - i think i'll just make symlinks from now on :-)

- Silvaire - 2012-02-23

I can't for the life of me get this to install on a Windows 7 machine. I have 0 experience with Python but I've followed all the instructions and cannot get it to work.

I've installed Python 2.7.2. I download the headphones folder, and I associate headphones.py with python.exe but the terminal just opens and closes or gives me an error message about:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones>headphones.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\Headphones.py", line 9, in <module>
    from headphones import webstart, logger
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\headphones\webstart.py", line 8, in <m
odule>
    from headphones.webserve import WebInterface
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\headphones\webserve.py", line 13, in <
module>
    from headphones import logger, searcher, db, importer, mb, lastfm, librarysy
nc
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\headphones\importer.py", line 4, in <m
odule>
    from lib.beets.mediafile import MediaFile
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\lib\beets\__init__.py", line 24, in <m
odule>
    from .hooks import AlbumInfo, TrackInfo
ImportError: No module named hooks

Any ideas? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Python.

- Dilligaf - 2012-02-23

Silvaire Wrote:I can't for the life of me get this to install on a Windows 7 machine. I have 0 experience with Python but I've followed all the instructions and cannot get it to work.

I've installed Python 2.7.2. I download the headphones folder, and I associate headphones.py with python.exe but the terminal just opens and closes or gives me an error message about:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones>headphones.py
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\Headphones.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\headphones\webstart.py", line 8, in <m
odule>
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\headphones\webserve.py", line 13, in <
module>
nc
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\headphones\importer.py", line 4, in <m
odule>
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\lib\beets\__init__.py", line 24, in <m
odule>

Any ideas? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Python.

Try moving your headphones directory to the root of C:\ and out of Program Files. Windows 7 doesn't like programs that write to their install directory in Program Files.
Once it's working open headphones.py with Pythonw.exe in order to hide the console.

Mike

- Silvaire - 2012-02-23

Tried moving it, but got same error:

Code:
C:\Server Apps\Headphones>headphones.py
  File "C:\Server Apps\Headphones\Headphones.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "C:\Server Apps\Headphones\headphones\webstart.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "C:\Server Apps\Headphones\headphones\webserve.py", line 13, in <module>
nc
  File "C:\Server Apps\Headphones\headphones\importer.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "C:\Server Apps\Headphones\lib\beets\__init__.py", line 24, in <module>

- Silvaire - 2012-02-23

Tried in root directory too, no dice.

- nordberg - 2012-02-23

many thanks rembo, working again

- jdoggvt - 2012-02-23

Quote:many thanks rembo, working again

same here, i think that new mirror is doing the trick! Big Grin

- rembo10 - 2012-02-23

Silvaire Wrote:Tried in root directory too, no dice.

Can you try running "python Headphones.py" from the console?

Glad the mirrors working! There's no rate limit or throttling so go nuts :-)

- Silvaire - 2012-02-23

Trying that command from the directory of headphones:

Code:
C:\Server Apps\Headphones>python headphones.py
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Trying that command from the directory of Python:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Python>python "c:\server apps\headphones\headphones.py"
  File "c:\server apps\headphones\headphones.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "c:\server apps\headphones\headphones\webstart.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "c:\server apps\headphones\headphones\webserve.py", line 13, in <module>
nc
  File "c:\server apps\headphones\headphones\importer.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "c:\server apps\headphones\lib\beets\__init__.py", line 24, in <module>

- rembo10 - 2012-02-23

Silvaire Wrote:Trying that command from the directory of headphones:

Code:
C:\Server Apps\Headphones>python headphones.py
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Trying that command from the directory of Python:

Can you make sure you're on the master branch? I can't find that line anywhere :confused2:

As for the mirror - yeah, everything seems to be smooth now. I'm going to start fixing up the code so we can switch back to musicbrainz.org eventually, but i got a year of vps hosting so we should be good :-)

- Silvaire - 2012-02-23

Yeah, just verified. It is "rembo10-headphones-3931e91". Re-downloaded it to root, and it still gives me this 'hooks' error. I've tried the 32 bit and 64 bit installers for Python 2.7.2; is it possible I am somehow using the wrong one? I've followed direct links from guides and I get the same error, so I'm at a loss here.

- rembo10 - 2012-02-23

Silvaire Wrote:Yeah, just verified. It is "rembo10-headphones-3931e91". Re-downloaded it to root, and it still gives me this 'hooks' error. I've tried the 32 bit and 64 bit installers for Python 2.7.2; is it possible I am somehow using the wrong one? I've followed direct links from guides and I get the same error, so I'm at a loss here.

Honestly I have no idea. I'll give it a try in a Windows VM but in the meantime maybe someone running the windows version can give you a hand

- rembo10 - 2012-02-23

Worked fine for me in Windows XP with Python 2.7.2 - ran it, updated, etc. maybe your python install is screwed up somehow? That's where I'd start

(I used the 32 bit msi installer for python)