Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- mcorcoran - 2011-06-28

It still seems to be searching for the term "Various Artists" I've upgraded to the latest version and the last line in the log file before it crashes is:
Code:
Jun-27 19:28:56 INFO     CP Server Thread-8 :: Querying MusicBrainz for: Brazilian Girls - Talk to La Bomb
Jun-27 19:28:58 INFO     CP Server Thread-8 :: Found best match: Various Artists. Gathering album information...

Figured I'd give you a heads up.

Fyi - roontoon - 2011-06-28

I am assuming that the time is the first item in the log and note the time span between entries.

d

Code:
22:08:32 INFO::CP Server Thread-5 :: Buenas Noches Rose is not a US release. Skipping for now
22:08:32 INFO::CP Server Thread-5 :: Querying MusicBrainz for: la oración
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 765, in emit
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe3 in position 55: ordinal not in range(128)
22:08:53 INFO::CP Server Thread-5 :: L STYLE is not a US release. Skipping for now
04:00:00 INFO::Thread-14 :: Updating album information for artist: Joe Hill Louis
04:00:05 INFO::Thread-14 :: The One Man Band already exists in the database. Updating ASIN, Release Date, Tracks

- kc2008ls - 2011-06-29

For those looking for a guide check out TotalHTPC - Headphones Guide

- roontoon - 2011-06-29

kc2008ls Wrote:For those looking for a guide check out TotalHTPC - Headphones Guide

Never talk about fight club. Rolleyes

d

- kc2008ls - 2011-06-29

roontoon Wrote:Never talk about fight club. Rolleyes

d

Hehe.. It's too late for that, Gawker has been posting articles on Usenet.

- Mar2zz - 2011-06-30

ghostelement Wrote:Is there any kind of wiki setup for this program yet? It might be nice to get some details about specifically what each setting does. I would be willing to help out with this.

Github has it's own wiki. You can edit the wiki yourself if you have a github account.

https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/wiki

- paularms - 2011-07-01

rembo10 Wrote:It really just depends on how many releases each artist has. It tries to get all the release information for an album, and I have to pause for 1 second between releases per MusicBrainz rules.

In my experience it takes about 30 seconds-1 minute per artist, so yours seems a little slow. Is it continuing to add artists?

The newest version has basic logging added, so you can see if it's still chugging along or if it hit some kind of snag.

1077 artists (I have a lot of compilations/soundtracks)... so at least 18 hours to catalog everything (assuming 1 minute per artist)? Ouch.

I'll try the newest versions and see...

[edit]
Watching the logs makes me feel a lot more confident about this. It's taking about 3-5 seconds per artist Big Grin

- _Mikie_ - 2011-07-05

Any news on the exe?

- roontoon - 2011-07-05

_Mikie_ Wrote:Any news on the exe?

This is VERY Alpha software and I doubt you will see this until it becomes stable, which it is not. Why don't you run it as a python script? Not hard to do.

d

- rembo10 - 2011-07-06

roontoon Wrote:This is VERY Alpha software and I doubt you will see this until it becomes stable, which it is not. Why don't you run it as a python script? Not hard to do.

d

Yeah, my main concern right now is getting it stable, which means implementing threading, logging, error handling, etc.

I have a little time off so I'm going to spend the next few days on that. Once it's properly organized I should be able to get an exe up.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-06

_Mikie_ Wrote:Any news on the exe?

As long as no exe, just install Activepython. There is a free version for personal use. Check out http://www.activestate.com/activepython. Once you have it installed, there you can basically just start the .py-file by double-click like an exe-file.

What I am hoping for next would be elimination of duplicate albums, foreign releases and a function to show "wants" (similar to SB: showing 3/5 with 3 the ones I own and 5 the total official albums out).

Headphones is really up to be something awesome!!!

- rembo10 - 2011-07-06

steve1977 Wrote:What I am hoping for next would be elimination of duplicate albums, foreign releases and a function to show "wants" (similar to SB: showing 3/5 with 3 the ones I own and 5 the total official albums out).

Headphones is really up to be something awesome!!!

Coming soon!

- steve1977 - 2011-07-06

rembo10 Wrote:Coming soon!

Awesome!!!

- roontoon - 2011-07-06

rembo10 Wrote:Coming soon!

Rembo10 have you constructed a roadmap for Headphones? Would be nice to see it and get feedback and contributions from the forum.

d

- rembo10 - 2011-07-09

roontoon Wrote:Rembo10 have you constructed a roadmap for Headphones? Would be nice to see it and get feedback and contributions from the forum.

d

1. The Basics: Efficient Startup & Shutdown (and Restart functions), Program Organization, Threading, Database Interactions, Auto-Update Capabilities

2. MusicBrainz Searches: Clean up queries so no more duplicates, include "foreign" releases - include imports, EPs, bootlegs, the "extras"

3. Post Processing: I've gotten beets to work with Headphones, so now I can scan your music folder regardless of structure - and I will use this for tagging & file renaming as well. No more having to constantly update the Headphones artist list - it will now be done automatically.

4. jQuery, Templates, Interface Stuff

5. NZB Searching: Add more providers. Allow more custom providers. Improve search algorithm.

Basic stuff really, but I want to lay a good foundation in case anyone wants to add-on to it. I'm keeping an eye on this forum and SABnzbd forum for ideas and features, so if you want anything added, post it here or at http://github.com/rembo10/headphones