Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - chander - 2012-12-17

Thanks for this great software!

Just a question about albums scanning: most of my albums have extra informations in square bracket just after the original album name, like, for example: Exile On Main St. [Polydor Japan 2011 Bit-Perfect SACD 24/88].

These albums are not recognized by Headphones. Is there a way to made Headphones just ignore the square brackets?

Thanks

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - rembo10 - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-16, 22:43)bam thwok Wrote: Does anyone have a solid way to deal with seeding and post-processing for HeadPhones? I.e., with my chosen torrent client (uTorrent), what can I do to ensure that HeadPhones creates a new copy of the downloaded files rather than overwriting and moving them to my music folder, which makes it impossible to continue seeding.

I'm open to suggestions. Running Windows 7.

Hey - just added in an option to preserve torrent files for seeding after post processing. It's in the develop branch, and you can find the new option under Settings->Download Settings->Torrent->Keep Files for Seeding. Can you test it out for me?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - zag - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-17, 12:22)chander Wrote: Thanks for this great software!

Just a question about albums scanning: most of my albums have extra informations in square bracket just after the original album name, like, for example: Exile On Main St. [Polydor Japan 2011 Bit-Perfect SACD 24/88].

These albums are not recognized by Headphones. Is there a way to made Headphones just ignore the square brackets?

Thanks

That extra info should really be in comments not album name. You will find lots of problems naming your media like that.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - rembo10 - 2012-12-18

Or you can tag your stuff with a musicbrainz album id which headphones should pick up

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - chander - 2012-12-18

Thanks for your help. Will look at musicbrainz but i have more than 1500 albums to tag, so maybe not an option for me.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - bam thwok - 2012-12-19

(2012-12-18, 12:24)rembo10 Wrote: Hey - just added in an option to preserve torrent files for seeding after post processing. It's in the develop branch, and you can find the new option under Settings->Download Settings->Torrent->Keep Files for Seeding. Can you test it out for me?

Awesome! Trying it out now. What's the ideal set up for this?

uTorrent side:
Automatically load torrent files from folder (e.g. /Downloads/Torrent Files)
Download incomplete torrents to another folder (e.g. /Downloads/Incomplete)
Move completed downloads to another folder (e.g. /Downloads/Seeds)

Headphones side:
Black hole directory set to torrent files folder (e.g. /Downloads/Torrent Files)
Check "Keep Files for Seeding"
Set music download directory as seed directory (e.g. /Downloads/Seeds)

Sound about right?

Edit:

Getting an error during forced post-processing. Log shows nothing, but command line says "Syntax Error: invalid syntax". Errors appeared as:

\HeadPhones\cherrypy\_cprequest.py, line 656, in respond repsonse.body = self.handler<>
\HeadPhones\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py, line 188, in call self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
\HeadPhones\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py, line 34, in call return self.callable(*self.args,*self.kwargs)
\HeadPhones\headphones\webserve.py, line 400, in forcePostProcess from headphones import postprocessor
\HeadPhones\headphones\postprocessor.py, line 32 if headphones.keep_torrent_files and Kind<b>=</b>"torrent"

The equals sign in bold had a carat pointing to it. Let me know if there's any other info you need. Sadly, I do not know python, so I can't trouble shoot the syntax.

Double edit:

I took a chance and fixed the = to ==, and it lurched forward, but hit another error. I'll give you the specifics when I get home tonight, but the error it threw out was that Kind wasn't globally defined.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - rembo10 - 2012-12-19

should be fixed in develop

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Aenima99x - 2012-12-20

Rembo - Is there anyway to change the post-processing settings? Basically I'm looking to have it post-process folders that don't have the [year] in the name. Thanks.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - rembo10 - 2012-12-20

I think it might work even if you leave the year blank, so maybe you can just bulk rename all the folders to "artist - album []" (assuming they're in the "artist - album" format currently)

That's probably easier than appending the mbid to the tail end of all the folders.....

Although if I were you, I'd probably just use beets to tag an existing library

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Aenima99x - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 09:09)rembo10 Wrote: I think it might work even if you leave the year blank, so maybe you can just bulk rename all the folders to "artist - album []" (assuming they're in the "artist - album" format currently)

That's probably easier than appending the mbid to the tail end of all the folders.....

Although if I were you, I'd probably just use beets to tag an existing library

It's not the existing stuff I'm having a problem with, it's the new downloads. Since NZBMatrix went down, I've setup my own newznab and all music that's getting downloaded is pulled in as artist - album. So HP finds the album, sends the nzb to SAB, SAB extracts it and moves it to the correct download folder, but then HP fails to post-process it because there's no [year]. I have to then go to the downloaded folders and add the [year] to the folder name and then I can manually run the "force post-process albums in download folder".

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - rembo10 - 2012-12-21

What version are you running? Headphones (since a few commits ago) uses the nzb title now for the folder name, not the Artist - Album [Year] format (although that is still an acceptable format when forcing post-processing).

So if your newznab is indexing them as artist - album, Headphones will look for the same thing in your download folder. Unless maybe you have sab converting everything to lowercase? Haven't accounted for that yet in headphones but can easily add it

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Aenima99x - 2012-12-21

I'm running the lateset version (de60e6fae2ab11691aafbe925995813ca07cb044). I update from git nightly. I don't have sab doing any case conversion.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - bam thwok - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-19, 17:55)rembo10 Wrote: should be fixed in develop

Error in postprocessor.py, line 845, in forcePostProcess verify(snatched['AlbumID'], folder, Snatched['Kind'])
NameError: global name 'Snatched' is not defined

It also threw out some errors from the python libraries threading.py, line 551 bootstrap_inner self.run()
and thread,py line 504. in run self._target(*self._args,**self._kwargs)

Any idea when you'll commit this to the main branch?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - rembo10 - 2012-12-22

ugh - sorry about that! fixed in master!

Aenima99x: can you compare the download names from the headphones history with the folder names after sab processes them and puts them in your download folder?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - z-vap - 2012-12-22

that is how many songs on the LP are recognized as you "having" them.