Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- HenryFord - 2011-07-14

I compiled the latest version for 32bit (this should also run fine under 64bit), grab your copy here:
http://www.henryford.tk/tools/headphones_win32build.zip

Just extract and run the exe - if anything goes wrong, just let me know.

- Avigrace - 2011-07-14

I have this running on windows via python and I can add an artist and it downloads fine so all good there, what I don't quite know how to setup is the postprocessing. According to this https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/wiki/Setups-for-postprocessing-audiofiles I need to install some additional programs then call them with a SAB script, has anyone got this working on windows and if so can they let me know what is required.

Many thanks and so far a very nice program!

- HenryFord - 2011-07-14

Currently I'm running under Linux, but will migrate it to my windows-machine tonight - I'll let you know what I figured out Smile

- unabatedshagie - 2011-07-14

rembo10 Wrote:Fixed, some old code remnants....

The scanner reads ".mp3", ".flac", ".aac", ".ogg", and ".ape" files - so maybe you have some other filetypes? Try the scanner now and see what happens.

If you did a git install, you can test the updater. Go to: Manage -> Check for Headphones Updates and see if it finds the new version
Update worked, it now seems to be scanning my files.

It's still saying it only finds 9413 files. All my files should be .mp3 or .aac as I'm playing them through iTunes. No idea why it's saying such a difference between the number of files though.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-14

Most artists work fine, but at least gives me an error message. It is (again) "Weird Al Yancovic" and I believe it is because of having " in the artist name. Please see error log below:

* 500 Internal Server Error
* The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from
* fulfilling the request.
* Traceback (most recent call last):
* File "C:\x\Headphones\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
* response.body = self.handler()
* File "C:\x\Headphones\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
* self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
* File "C:\x\Headphones\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
* return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
* File "C:\x\Headphones\headphones\webserve.py", line 116, in artistPage
* c.execute('''SELECT TrackTitle from have WHERE ArtistName like "%s"
* AND AlbumTitle like "%s"''' % (results[i][4], results[i][0]))
* OperationalError: near "Weird": syntax error

- Reginald - 2011-07-14

bnevets27 Wrote:I have this running on UnRAID. It is super easy if your already running sick beard, as you are.

I'm using the SABnzbdDependencies-2.0-i486-unRAID.tgz package fyi.

All you need to do is add the path to you go script, just like sick beard.

Just a quick question for you, how are you doing your pathing? ie: Post-processed files location "/mnt/user/Music" and then your sabNZB music download path (mine was to long for the text box)/mnt/user/cache/.custom/sabnzb/downloads/complete/music. Should I use symlinks??

I have it installed and it runs great just like bnevets said, it works just fine on unRAID, I just can't get the path's to work which means I can't scan for music or allow Headphones to post-process the downloaded files.

TIA,
Reg

Various artists - BBCritical - 2011-07-14

How are you handling albums and compilations that have multiple or featured artists?

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-14

does this have a auto update function yet? Also can you only do albums or can you search for singles that you want to download?

- DDM123 - 2011-07-14

steve1977 Wrote:Most artists work fine, but at least gives me an error message. It is (again) "Weird Al Yancovic" and I believe it is because of having " in the artist name. Please see error log below:

* 500 Internal Server Error
* The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from
* fulfilling the request.
* Traceback (most recent call last):
* File "C:\x\Headphones\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
* response.body = self.handler()
* File "C:\x\Headphones\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
* self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
* File "C:\x\Headphones\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
* return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
* File "C:\x\Headphones\headphones\webserve.py", line 116, in artistPage
* c.execute('''SELECT TrackTitle from have WHERE ArtistName like "%s"
* AND AlbumTitle like "%s"''' % (results[i][4], results[i][0]))
* OperationalError: near "Weird": syntax error

Same here, although in my case, it's good music. (Bonnie "Prince" Billy)
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\sab\headphones\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "c:\sab\headphones\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "c:\sab\headphones\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "c:\sab\headphones\headphones\webserve.py", line 55, in home
    c.execute('''SELECT TrackTitle from have WHERE ArtistName like "%s"''' % results[i][0])
OperationalError: near "Prince": syntax error

- HenryFord - 2011-07-14

rflores2323 Wrote:does this have a auto update function yet? Also can you only do albums or can you search for singles that you want to download?
BBCritical Wrote:How are you handling albums and compilations that have multiple or featured artists?
Auto-Update is partially implemented, you have to initiate the update yourself with "Check for updates", but as I said - It is partially working. It won't work for the compiled-exe though, although the option is present.

Nope - currently there are only albums available. Compilations do not work as well.

DDM123 Wrote:Same here, although in my case, it's good music. (Bonnie "Prince" Billy) [code]Traceback (most recent call last):
I lol'd although I do not like any of the named musicians. But as you know - you shouldn't say something like that because music totally is dependent on your taste.

However: The error is pretty straight forward: The "-character needs to be escaped since it is a special character in python (it introduces either the beginning or the end of a string). If you have anything with " inside the name, the character gets recognized as the end of the string and thus every character after the " will be handled like either a variable or a command - since they do not exist, you get the "syntax"-error. It is a relatively easy fix - but I would suggest to use github's issue tracker because it is much easier for rembo10 to follow the issues there. Open a ticket and let him know (if he doesn't already).

- DDM123 - 2011-07-14

Hah, I was just kidding about the Weird Al thing. I actually like a couple of his parodies.

- HenryFord - 2011-07-14

Hah, no harm done Wink I was just saying (and as I said: I really laughed about the joke)... Smile

- DDM123 - 2011-07-14

Ok, good. I didn't want to anger any of those hardcore Weird Al Yankovic fans out there. They are known to get incredibly violent.

- david81 - 2011-07-15

I updated today and noticed that it doesn't bomb out on an attempted library scan anymore, but it also doesn't do the scan. Log shows the unicode error is still there, just hidden. Is the expected?

- rembo10 - 2011-07-15

I fixed a lot of the issues in the last couple posts - there's still that unicode error in the Music Scanner which I'll try to work out soon, I'm just trying to polish the restart/update functions first.

But yeah, it's way easier for me to track issues on git hub then it is here