Kodi Community Forum
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on (/showthread.php?tid=104391)

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - theruss - 2013-04-19

Hi Gang,

Long time appreciator, first time poster. First off, sweet plugin!!

I wanted to echo the request for a similar plugin for Milb.tv (the minor league version). I'm a web developer, but am happy to climb learning curve mountain to help out. Still digging through source to figure out how you're actually interfacing with MLB.tv to get information and eventually the stream...

Catching the Buffalo Bisons via XBMC would be tremendous! If someone wants to PM me into the right direction, it'd be much appreciated.

R

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-04-19

The first step would, I guess, be to find a source to get the game schedule from. This may be all there is IDK - http://www.mlb.com/gdcross/components/game/milb It doesn't seem to have any start times only the status.

@sdsnyr94, yeah I'm not sure either. I may do it if I find the time.

[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jayman13 - 2013-04-21

@Divingmule- Looks like this last update fixed my problem. I confirmed that it was fixed on my raspberry pi as it wouldn't show list of options for each game but did right after I updated it. I too though am getting random times when the video just stops and goes back to the addon screen. Sometimes it can be 15 min, sometimes 5 min...

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jlaws9669 - 2013-04-22

I am finding that whenever I install the HLS version of the plugin (I still have the old mlbmc) or enable HLS inside the old mlbmc that I cannot connect. Some information on exactly what is going on though.

I proxy all of my xbmc through one of my servers in the U.S.. HTTP/HTTPS all forward properly through squid however this fails for HLS. My assumption is that since XBMC is using an outside binary (mlbs) for this connection that it is not following the xbmc proxy. That would be why the connection is failed out as the system is logged into mlbtv from one IP and the stream attempt for HLS from another entirely. Is my assumption on the functionality of the binary correct or do I have some other issue? MLBMC works properly with the 2400K stream but the mono audio is killing my ears.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-04-22

Yeah, I'm pretty sure one of the keys or parameters that mlbhls sends to get the stream is your IP address or an IP ID.

@jayman13, at least some good news. I'll see about adding some more debugging to see if we can figure out whats going on with the streams dropping.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jlaws9669 - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 03:20)divingmule Wrote: Yeah, I'm pretty sure one of the keys or parameters that mlbhls sends to get the stream is your IP address or an IP ID.

I have noticed that the mlbhls binary allows for a 'proxy' configuration. There isn't much documentation on that but, I imagine, it would stand to reason that passing thru any XBMC-wide proxy along to the binary would alleviate this issue? If not, or if that's not something you are not considering for an update, I will simply stick to the mono version. This worked great for me when I was running XBMC in Windows previously but I much prefer utilizing Ubuntu for this task.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-04-22

Hmm... the only thing is, I don't want to provide a way for people to work around blackouts. If it's done outside of this add-on, it's out of my hands. MLB being seemingly open to noncommercial apps using their api's and such, I feel we must play by the rules.

That's fine, I'll just fork it. As is, it runs within XBMC but does not follow XBMC. If XBMC is configured to use a proxy, whatever you run within XBMC should utilize that proxy and not be outside of the application. That's just my opinion.

Cheers

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Glanzick - 2013-04-28

I'm having some trouble with the speed fluctuating when using this addon (I've tried both the MLBMC and the MLB (mlb-hls) addon). It goes fast and slow, fast and slow, quite quickly and distracts from watching. Sometimes the archived games work fine, sometimes they don't, but the live games always have this issue. It also happens regardless of what the bitrate is (I have it set to 800 kb/s now for testing).

On the codecinfo overlay, on the C line the value a/v (which is the audio/video sync difference) fluctuates quickly from around 0.1 to -0.1 and vq (the video queue) rests around 99%. FPS bounces from 26-30. In contrast, for the NHL plugin, the a/v stays constant around 0.02 and the vq stays around 99% and the FPS is 29.97 constantly.

Any idea what could be causing this problem? The CPU isn't stressed, and the internet connection handles other video streams fine.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-04-29

I can feel your pain Glanzick. I have similar problems on my windows box with certain streams but not MLB streams.

The only thing I might suggest you try, is to turn off hardware acceleration, if your cpu can handle it.

You're likely to get better help asking in the support forum for your OS. Playback issues like this aren't related to the add-on itself, the add-on basically just tells the XBMC player to play(stream) a URL. Issues like yours would be more to do with hardware, OS, codecs .... and the such.

[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jayman13 - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-28, 22:08)Glanzick Wrote: I'm having some trouble with the speed fluctuating when using this addon (I've tried both the MLBMC and the MLB (mlb-hls) addon). It goes fast and slow, fast and slow, quite quickly and distracts from watching. Sometimes the archived games work fine, sometimes they don't, but the live games always have this issue. It also happens regardless of what the bitrate is (I have it set to 800 kb/s now for testing).

On the codecinfo overlay, on the C line the value a/v (which is the audio/video sync difference) fluctuates quickly from around 0.1 to -0.1 and vq (the video queue) rests around 99%. FPS bounces from 26-30. In contrast, for the NHL plugin, the a/v stays constant around 0.02 and the vq stays around 99% and the FPS is 29.97 constantly.

Any idea what could be causing this problem? The CPU isn't stressed, and the internet connection handles other video streams fine.

Out of curiosity why is the NHL plugin at only 29.97 when they stream at 60 fps...

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-04-30

Update MLBMC(mlb-hls) - 0.0.9
- added mlbtv_player script
- added updating fprt cookie from xml data

Maybe this will fix the lockout issue. I tried to get locked out but it never happened, maybe it was a fluke, let me know how you fare.

We now use the mlbtv_player script to play hls game streams. If the stream drops you should get a yes/no dialog, with the message MLB-HLS is running or not running, selecting yes should restart the player. Let me know how/if this works, I haven't had any drop-outs myself.

Download zip -> https://mlbmc-xbmc.googlecode.com/files/plugin.video.mlbmc.hls-0.0.9.zip

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-30, 20:25)divingmule Wrote: Update MLBMC(mlb-hls) - 0.0.9
- added mlbtv_player script
- added updating fprt cookie from xml data

Maybe this will fix the lockout issue. I tried to get locked out but it never happened, maybe it was a fluke, let me know how you fare.

We now use the mlbtv_player script to play hls game streams. If the stream drops you should get a yes/no dialog, with the message MLB-HLS is running or not running, selecting yes should restart the player. Let me know how/if this works, I haven't had any drop-outs myself.

Download zip -> https://mlbmc-xbmc.googlecode.com/files/plugin.video.mlbmc.hls-0.0.9.zip

I have not had a drop-out in 2 days... but I did change it so it was not at a locked rate... I set max at 4.5 and min at 2.4 ... not sure if this helped.

One other issue I have had, and not sure if this update will fix it. The way the plugin worked, I would select the game -> desired feed -> and then it will prompt me for which inning to start from. When I tried to start a 7:10pm game at 7:08pm, the 'innings' box came up empty. I had to wait until 7:10 to be able to select 'top of 1st'.

If you run the normal MLBMC plugin, and start a game a little early, you get the MLB.TV screen saying that the game should begin shortly.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2013-04-30

Also, if I accidentally select the wrong game, there is no way to go back to the game listings screen directly. If I hit the back key on my remote, it still pops up the innings screen before I can back out of it.

OK, so I tested 0.9 on my laptop and tried playing some archived games from yesterday. If I have the option for the innings start times enabled, it appears that most of the times that I select an inning it brings me to the 'Thanks for watching' screen. I was trying with the Mets-Marlins game (SNY-HD feed), and could not get anything past the bottom of the 2nd to play the game feed. I also tried with the Pittsburgh-Milwaukee game, trying to play the 6th and 8th innings.

I also no longer see the option for specifying a temp directory..... this *may* cause an issue with openelec.