Kodi Community Forum
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on (/showthread.php?tid=104391)

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-16, 15:47)divingmule Wrote: @sdsnyr94, did you also have to put mlbhls in a bin directory? Are you still having the same trouble when not using fi-fo?

MLBHLS would not run from the bin directory for me... it had to be in the .xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mlbtv.hls/resources/mlbhls/openelec-mlbhls/x86_64/mlbhls directory for me to get it to work, which I found odd considering the trouble rbrohman had. I checked the os.uname() in python, and had the same information as rbrohman.

FIFO was the problem... I could not get it to work at all... video/audio was always way out of sync and choppy. Your update for 0.1.1 seems to have resolved the issue ( I did not update anything else), so I have not tried without it. The only issue I have had is buffering... which leads to my next issue.

In the MLBMC-HLS settings, I can unlock the bitrate and set a Max/Min bitrate. If I set a Max of 4.5 and a min of 2.4 the buffering stops, but only the audio plays correctly all the time. Sometimes, the video will get stuck in a loop repeating a couple of frames for a few seconds (sometimes minutes) and then eventually correct itself. I am assuming that it is happening when the bitrate is trying to lower, and when it corrects itself is when the bitrate gets back to 4.5. Does anybody else see this? Do you think it's an XBMC issue with the changing bitrate, or maybe an Openelec only issue?

*Edit* - Come to think of it, I did try without FIFO while I was trying to get around the frequent buffering I had the other night, and did not have any trouble except the playback dropping out (where in FIFO it would have buffered).

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-16, 16:38)sdsnyr94 Wrote: MLBHLS would not run from the bin directory for me... it had to be in the .xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mlbtv.hls/resources/mlbhls/openelec-mlbhls/x86_64/mlbhls directory for me to get it to work, which I found odd considering the trouble rbrohman had. I checked the os.uname() in python, and had the same information as rbrohman.

Yeah the add-on checks if the second element that os.uname returns is 'openelec' if so it looks for mlbhls in the resources directory. rbrohman has somehow changed it on his system.

(2013-05-16, 16:38)sdsnyr94 Wrote: In the MLBMC-HLS settings, I can unlock the bitrate and set a Max/Min bitrate. If I set a Max of 4.5 and a min of 2.4 the buffering stops, but only the audio plays correctly all the time. Sometimes, the video will get stuck in a loop repeating a couple of frames for a few seconds (sometimes minutes) and then eventually correct itself. I am assuming that it is happening when the bitrate is trying to lower, and when it corrects itself is when the bitrate gets back to 4.5. Does anybody else see this? Do you think it's an XBMC issue with the changing bitrate, or maybe an Openelec only issue?

I think* when the bitrate drops to the 2.4 range the video resolution changes from 720 to something a little lower. Seems xbmc's player doesn't like the on the fly resolution changes. It may be best to bump the min bitrate up a notch.

Thanks for the feedback!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-16, 20:08)divingmule Wrote: Yeah the add-on checks if the second element that os.uname returns is 'openelec' if so it looks for mlbhls in the resources directory. rbrohman has somehow changed it on his system.

That 2nd element is nothing more than what you name the computer.... and you can change it in Openelec's settings. By default, the computer is named 'openelec'.

Quote:I think* when the bitrate drops to the 2.4 range the video resolution changes from 720 to something a little lower. Seems xbmc's player doesn't like the on the fly resolution changes. It may be best to bump the min bitrate up a notch.

Thanks for the feedback!

OK, I will try using a min of 3.0 to see if that helps.

Thanks.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - rbrohman - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-16, 20:18)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2013-05-16, 20:08)divingmule Wrote: Yeah the add-on checks if the second element that os.uname returns is 'openelec' if so it looks for mlbhls in the resources directory. rbrohman has somehow changed it on his system.

That 2nd element is nothing more than what you name the computer.... and you can change it in Openelec's settings. By default, the computer is named 'openelec'.
[/quote]

That would explain it. I have multiple OE boxes on my network, so I rename them all uniquely to make it easier to putty in to the right one.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Klattsy - 2013-05-17

Oh my freaking god. Thank you so much to everyone involved in this. It is so awesome. I have been struggling with the Panasonic TV app (won't handle data stream/buffer properly). $50 later and this program and I am in heaven. All the MLB.com videos too! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

EDIT

(2013-05-09, 03:01)jayman13 Wrote: I have a raspberry pi and the app works great on it. You have to install the mlb-hls addon which means you have to compile it or you can just ask me to post it for you. Directions are in this forum. As for the functionality, it's similiar as you would see on apple tv. No multi picture or overlays. It just plays the games either live or you can pick by inning...

PM sent mate.

Also - if i'm buffering a little while watching condensed games, this is normal? It only took 3-4 seconds and only occurred MAX 4 times while watching a game. It was WAY better than the Panasonic App where buffering normally crashed the app.

And watching archived games, does the Fast Forward function only work at the one speed?

Thanks,
Mark.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Clobber - 2013-05-18

Hello,

I recently switched to XBMC on my XP based HTPC, primarily for MLBMC. I tried it out using my mlb.tv account and the free game of the day which worked flawlessly. However, I then subscribed to mlb.tv premium and I can't seem to watch any other games (besides the free game of the day). I always get a "not authorized" popup on the bottom right. I *can* actually play the condensed games in XBMC, but not the full ones. I think that means I have the correct email and password.Also, I can still play the free game of the day (and you have to be logged in for that).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-05-18

@Clobber
1) double check email and password are correct
2) delete the cookie file, it should be something like
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.mlbmc\cookie_file

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-05-18

(2013-05-17, 09:37)Klattsy Wrote: Also - if i'm buffering a little while watching condensed games, this is normal? It only took 3-4 seconds and only occurred MAX 4 times while watching a game. It was WAY better than the Panasonic App where buffering normally crashed the app.

And watching archived games, does the Fast Forward function only work at the one speed?

I don't usually get any buffering while watching condensed games.

Generally skipping, using the arrow keys or similar, works better than ff, rw.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Clobber - 2013-05-18

(2013-05-18, 18:02)divingmule Wrote: @Clobber
1) double check email and password are correct
2) delete the cookie file, it should be something like
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.mlbmc\cookie_file

@divingmule

Looks like #2 worked. I had originally used a different account with mlbmc. Maybe that was the problem.

Thanks!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Klattsy - 2013-05-20

(2013-05-18, 18:15)divingmule Wrote: I don't usually get any buffering while watching condensed games.

Generally skipping, using the arrow keys or similar, works better than ff, rw.

Thanks, it didn't buffer at all when watching live games.

Is there an idiots guide to getting the HD streams? I see the entry in this thread, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104391&pid=1051059#pid1051059 , but it says experienced Linux users which I certainly am not, It also says I need "Make sure you have cURL, OpenSSL, and libconfig installed on your system." which I have no idea how to use.

Thanks,
Mark.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2013-05-23

Multi-platform support for the HLS sites using https (such as MLB) can be possible, but it will require ffmpeg to be compiled with gnutls. According to Spiff there is no reason this cannot be the default configuration in XBMC, but it is going to require someone to do it and submit the code changes.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165278

Anyone out there who has the time/patience/knowledge to tackle this?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - thegryghost - 2013-05-23

(2013-05-23, 17:26)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Multi-platform support for the HLS sites using https (such as MLB) can be possible, but it will require ffmpeg to be compiled with gnutls. According to Spiff there is no reason this cannot be the default configuration in XBMC, but it is going to require someone to do it and submit the code changes.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165278

Anyone out there who has the time/patience/knowledge to tackle this?

Getting MLB.tv support in ffmpeg isn't as simple as enabling https support. You'll still need to either 1) add explicit support for parsing the MLB.tv base64 url to ffmpeg or 2) write a wrapper application that links to libav/ffmpeg that can parse the MLB.tv base64 url.

I'm also not sure if ffmpeg will do stream switching based on bandwidth. I watched Google I/O using ffmpeg's HLS and it never switched streams even tho I had tons of bandwidth. It also seems the xbmc player needs to be fixed to handle resolution switches since ffmpeg can definitely do it.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Drumitar - 2013-05-28

anyone else on OE getting some crashes, it seems like maybe 30-50 percent i laucnh a stream it causes xbmc to restart :< when it stream does laucnh it works great though any thoughts ?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-05-28

@thegryghost, thanks for your input! Decoding the url is easy enough in python, though what to do with the extra parameters is a mystery to me. IIRC, once decoded you have a m3u8 url, some sort of a key, and a string of url parameters.

Any insight is much appreciated.

AW: RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - dh3lix - 2013-05-28

(2013-05-28, 04:38)Drumitar Wrote: anyone else on OE getting some crashes, it seems like maybe 30-50 percent i laucnh a stream it causes xbmc to restart :< when it stream does laucnh it works great though any thoughts ?

Jap... But only when using the flashstreams. No problems at all with the hls ones.So you may wanz to switch to the hls one ;-)

This is most likely related to a buggy player of xbmc/oe not the mlb plugin itself btw.