Kodi Community Forum
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on (/showthread.php?tid=104391)

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2014-03-14

Quote:Sounds like you are more concerned about the project than you are about divingmule. I bet he'll show up closer to regular season...

Not true... Divingmule has done a lot for the XBMC community, and if he is no longer active, then I hope it's by choice and not something unfortunate.

Am I also concerned about the project... yes. It is something I use every day (during the regular season), and I hope that it does not get abandoned.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jayman13 - 2014-03-15

(2014-03-14, 03:55)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
Quote:Sounds like you are more concerned about the project than you are about divingmule. I bet he'll show up closer to regular season...

Not true... Divingmule has done a lot for the XBMC community, and if he is no longer active, then I hope it's by choice and not something unfortunate.

Am I also concerned about the project... yes. It is something I use every day (during the regular season), and I hope that it does not get abandoned.

Just messing with you. I too hope this plugin continues as I also use it throughout the season...

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Wildkid - 2014-03-22

Hello, sorry, I am very new to this all, and very new to XBMC and Raspberry Pi too, so I apologize for the incompetence in advance.

I see that many have issues with MLBMC, and I am also one of them.
International MLB.TV Premium subscriber, running Raspbmc Frodo on a Sony Bravia TV via router.
Got my new account yesterday and can't get MLBMC to work for video at all (audio streams, oddly, are working). Trying to play a game - Live, Archived, Condensed - doesn't matter - gives me a "login failed" message and/or "script failed: plugin.video.mlbmc" error.
Tried turning debug logging on and off - no difference.
Sorry, but I have no idea how to obtain a log of the errors, but I am guessing it is about the same as everyone else is getting!

Also - tried getting MLBMC - HLS - in that one, I can't even get to the screens for choosing what I want to watch (MLB TV, Highlights, whatever) - says "script failed" right away. Tried also versions 2.0.71 and .72 of MLBMC - same stuff as 2.0.7. described above - can't get it to play at all...

It is my understanding that this doesn't happen to all, but just some of us users.....it would be great if we can fix it, season is kicking off!

BTW - tried watching on my laptop last evening - everything worked pretty good, so I am sure the account is valid. Also re-entered my email and password several times to make sure everything was typed in correctly - still no cigar.....

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - andre23 - 2014-03-26

I've been able to get MLBMC to work at times on the minix neo x7 using xbmc. At times I get video plugin script errors like others here and at other times it just works. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. When it works it works great, no buffering or sync issues.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Indy_star - 2014-03-31

Just tried this addon with the free preview MLB was giving this past weekend. Thanks, worked great on a Win7 running XBMC. I'm ordering the subscription now that I know this addon works as expected. Great job DivingMule!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - flipped cracker - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 18:27)Indy_star Wrote: Just tried this addon with the free preview MLB was giving this past weekend. Thanks, worked great on a Win7 running XBMC. I'm ordering the subscription now that I know this addon works as expected. Great job DivingMule!

I'm really hoping it works tonight.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - wootonius - 2014-04-01

First of all thank you to divingmule and everyone else who has worked on this project. I have enjoyed the MLBMC app for a while now and greatly appreciate you work!

I am having an issue migrating from MLBMC to MLBMC-HLS on my raspberry pi running the latest version of Raspbmc and MLBMC-HLS version 1.051. I have been able to successfully stream games using MLBMC but I get script errors when I try and run MLBMC-HLS. I have included a complete log pastebin below and after trying to make sense of it I can't seem to get anywhere. The script seems to die when it is doing something with "blackout_status" but I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Does anyone know what could be causing it to fail? I appreciate any guidance you can give me, thanks!

Where I'm getting MLBC-HLS from: https://code.google.com/p/mlbmc-xbmc/downloads/list

Pastebin of my full XBMC logs: http://pastebin.com/0PhWTTpT

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - flipped cracker - 2014-04-01

(2014-03-31, 23:48)flipped cracker Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 18:27)Indy_star Wrote: Just tried this addon with the free preview MLB was giving this past weekend. Thanks, worked great on a Win7 running XBMC. I'm ordering the subscription now that I know this addon works as expected. Great job DivingMule!

I'm really hoping it works tonight.

Working perfectly for me. Yes!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2014-04-01

(2014-04-01, 02:57)wootonius Wrote: First of all thank you to divingmule and everyone else who has worked on this project. I have enjoyed the MLBMC app for a while now and greatly appreciate you work!

I am having an issue migrating from MLBMC to MLBMC-HLS on my raspberry pi running the latest version of Raspbmc and MLBMC-HLS version 1.051. I have been able to successfully stream games using MLBMC but I get script errors when I try and run MLBMC-HLS. I have included a complete log pastebin below and after trying to make sense of it I can't seem to get anywhere. The script seems to die when it is doing something with "blackout_status" but I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Does anyone know what could be causing it to fail? I appreciate any guidance you can give me, thanks!

Where I'm getting MLBC-HLS from: https://code.google.com/p/mlbmc-xbmc/downloads/list

MLB.TV Upped the quality of their streams, so that you can get HD without Nexdef.... which should make the MLBMC-HLS unnecessary.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - wootonius - 2014-04-01

(2014-04-01, 04:06)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 02:57)wootonius Wrote: First of all thank you to divingmule and everyone else who has worked on this project. I have enjoyed the MLBMC app for a while now and greatly appreciate you work!

MLB.TV Upped the quality of their streams, so that you can get HD without Nexdef.... which should make the MLBMC-HLS unnecessary.

Ahh, very nice, is there some change to MLBMC that I need to make to get HD quality? I have it set on the max available settings and it seems to be capped at qHD (quarter of 1080p)

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2014-04-01

(2014-04-01, 14:10)wootonius Wrote:

Ahh, very nice, is there some change to MLBMC that I need to make to get HD quality? I have it set on the max available settings and it seems to be capped at qHD (quarter of 1080p)

Unfortunately, divingmule seems to have vanished from the forum... so hopefully someone with coding skills can answer that question.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - rbrohman - 2014-04-02

I'm getting a very similar error, though I'm trying to run with only the standard MLBMC add-on, not the HLS.

from my log file:
Code:
19:37:50 T:139920551180032  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:37:50 T:139920551180032  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:37:50 T:139920542787328  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
19:37:51 T:139920551180032  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:37:51 T:139920551180032  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:37:51 T:139920542787328  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
19:38:35 T:139920765085440  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
19:38:35 T:139921067058944  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:38:35 T:139921067058944  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:38:35 T:139921058666240  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
19:38:36 T:139921067058944  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:38:36 T:139921067058944  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:38:36 T:139921058666240  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
19:38:36 T:139921067058944  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:38:37 T:139921067058944  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:38:37 T:139921058666240  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
19:38:37 T:139920551180032  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
19:38:39 T:139921058666240  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:38:39 T:139921058666240  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:38:39 T:139921058666240  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:38:40 T:139921058666240   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mlbmc/default.py", line 131, in <module>
                                                mlbtv.mlbGame(event)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mlbmc/resources/mlbtv.py", line 187, in mlbGame
                                                event_id = soup.find('event-id').string
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:38:40 T:139922096944960   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.mlbmc/?url=&mode=7&name=Toronto+%40+Tampa+Bay++End+1&event=14-380562-2014-04-01]
19:38:42 T:139921058666240  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Does anyone have standard MLBMC working in Linux (or specifically, Openelec) right now?

Thanks

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2014-04-02

Quote:Does anyone have standard MLBMC working in Linux (or specifically, Openelec) right now?

It was working fine for me last night, and I am using Openelec Gotham Beta 3 on an ION2 unit.

Just tested: From your post I see you were trying to play the Rays/Jays game... I can start both home and away feeds without an issue.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - rbrohman - 2014-04-02

Did you have to do anything special to get it working? I installed the 2.0.72 version from repo, configured my login info, rebooted and then tried.

Any ideas on what that error would be in relation to?

Thanks

OK, weird, but it's working now.

Any ideas on how we get the higher quality streams, now that hls module isn't used?