Kodi Community Forum
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on (/showthread.php?tid=104391)

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Cannellizer - 2014-05-14

(2014-05-13, 09:51)dh3lix Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 07:09)Cannellizer Wrote: Hi,

I bought a MLB.TV Premium package tonight. I was hoping to start watching on my Gbox Midnight MX2. I've tried both MLBMC and MLBMC HLS and I can't get either to work with the MLB.TV option. MLBMC gives me the script error when I'm trying to pick a date for the ball game I want to watch.MLBMC HLS gives me a Log in Failed followed quickly by a script error usually when I'm picking a matchup. Sometimes I can get past the matchup and choose the broadcast option, and then it gives me a script error there. I've been reading through the latter part of this forum, and most of this stuff is over my head. I just want to get the ball game going on my TV. It doesn't seem like most of yall are using an android device, but I hope someone can still help me. Thanks

To nail it down: Try the mlbmc without HLS at first - enable the debug logging - make sure you typed username and password correct in the settings - go for a 1200k stream at first - can be changed later up to have better quality - then pick a game from the last day - check if it plays - if not please check the xmbc.log from and paste it here ...

My findings in the last days as i use MLB.TV on several different platforms a day is that they started to kinda restrictive when it comes to the amount of login attempts in a timeframe - this is surly to prevent of limit the sharing of the mlb.tv account you own but can be annoying for sure if you try to get mlbmc running at first and run into this limitation.

for the rest of the guys from the thread: lets keep this plugin alive as best as we can while divingmule is gone - anyone with deeper python knowledge? should we create a fork?

Excellent reply. What I had ended up doing, was moving to another version of XBMC, and I had it working, but then it stopped. Eventually I returned to the default version for my box. And I just realized yesterday the same thing you mentioned about too many logins. See I had it on the highest quality on my Gbox, and it would boot me out every so often, then after so many times, it would just throw out an error. It wasn't until I tried logging in on my PC that it said there were too many logins. Then it hit me, that is why it wouldn't work and than a little later it would start working again. I lowered my quality to 1200 (as you said), and I haven't had any buffering issues. Not as good quality, but beats the heck out of sports devil streams.

After all is said and done, it seems to be doing just fine now with the setting I have. It would be nice if MLBMC spit up the error letting you know that there have been too many logins with the credentials, I think that would save a lot of people time.

Thanks for the support!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - dh3lix - 2014-05-14

(2014-05-14, 06:18)Cannellizer Wrote: Excellent reply. What I had ended up doing, was moving to another version of XBMC, and I had it working, but then it stopped. Eventually I returned to the default version for my box. And I just realized yesterday the same thing you mentioned about too many logins. See I had it on the highest quality on my Gbox, and it would boot me out every so often, then after so many times, it would just throw out an error. It wasn't until I tried logging in on my PC that it said there were too many logins. Then it hit me, that is why it wouldn't work and than a little later it would start working again. I lowered my quality to 1200 (as you said), and I haven't had any buffering issues. Not as good quality, but beats the heck out of sports devil streams.

After all is said and done, it seems to be doing just fine now with the setting I have. It would be nice if MLBMC spit up the error letting you know that there have been too many logins with the credentials, I think that would save a lot of people time.

Thanks for the support!

Great news to see that u have it working ! I was looking into parsing the error out allready cos of the same reason you mentioned: saving the heck out of troubleshooting if the error is really based on a locked account due to massive login tries. unfortunately the login page "autenticate.do" mlbmc is using the errormessage is only "login failed" - same as for a wrong username and password. But could be most likely not a total riddle to get this solved better. lets see how it goes after digging in the code for some time.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - smallclone - 2014-05-15

Is there an amount of games you can log in to within a certain time frame?

I have a premium subscription. I click on around 3 games - then it says login failed script error.

Really annoying. Openelec. 3.2 - Intel NUC.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - rbrohman - 2014-05-15

We tried to figure out the number of login attempts and the time period last year, but nobody seemed able to get an exact number, like "4 attempts in 10 minutes". I agree it's annoying, but I find it's only a problem for me at the start of the season as I'm trying to get everything working optimally again. But if you are wanting to game surf I can see how it would remain a problem.

You should post your concern on the MLBtv support forum and link to it here, I'm sure a bunch of others would add to your thread and maybe MLB will actually listen (long shot).

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - nola mike - 2014-05-21

Sorry if this has been covered in the thread, but is the MLBMC-hls version compatible with the raspberry pi running openelec? I saw something way back saying that there maybe wasn't a binary, but I don't know if this is still the case. Don't want to pull the trigger on buying a subscription till I can find out for sure...

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - rbrohman - 2014-05-21

I don't think there's been confirmation of the hls version running on a pi. But, you could try installing (and then modifying the mlbtv.py file) and check it out with the free game of the day (you need a free mlb subscription). It's working great for me on 3 openelec boxes, but none are pi.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - nola mike - 2014-05-21

Yeah, I can't get it to work. The regular version is a bit flaky, but seems to work (game of the day was blacked out last night, but I was able to play archived game of the day). The HLS version has a section pointing to an executable--looks like there's only linux x86 and windows versions. If that's the issue, I'm surprised that no one has compiled a version for the pi.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - budmannxx - 2014-05-26

Apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread--I couldn't find it via search. Is there any way to customize the seek time for the skip forward/back buttons? I love the 30-second skip forward/back via the left/right arrows (this is generally the amount of time in between at bats within an inning). But the up/down arrows skip forward/back 10 minutes. I'd like to change this to be 2.5 or 3 minutes, which is generally the length of commercial breaks between innings and during pitching changes. Can this setting be customized?

I'm running Gotham 13.1 RC1 on Win7x64, with MLBMC v2.0.7

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - dh3lix - 2014-05-27

(2014-05-26, 19:37)budmannxx Wrote: Apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread--I couldn't find it via search. Is there any way to customize the seek time for the skip forward/back buttons? I love the 30-second skip forward/back via the left/right arrows (this is generally the amount of time in between at bats within an inning). But the up/down arrows skip forward/back 10 minutes. I'd like to change this to be 2.5 or 3 minutes, which is generally the length of commercial breaks between innings and during pitching changes. Can this setting be customized?

I'm running Gotham 13.1 RC1 on Win7x64, with MLBMC v2.0.7

Sure .. thats a basic option that can be modified by using the advancedsettings.xml of XBMC itself... Just put a advancedsettings.xml file in the Userdata folder and add the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
    <timeseekforward>120</timeseekforward>  
    <timeseekbackward>-120</timeseekbackward>
    </video>
</advancedsettings>

Where the 120 is the seek time in seconds.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - mattfl - 2014-06-04

Running OpenElec Gotham and suddenly after working flawlessly since the season start mlbmc suddenly decided to stop working.

Here my xbmc.log with logging turned on

http://pastebin.com/4BbwUVc1#

any ideas?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - millsx2 - 2014-06-04

This is a great plugin and is working perfectly for me.

I was wondering if it's possible to skip some of the screens such as "Today's Games'" "Team" and "Feed" and go directly to the game for home automation purposes?

For example, if my team is playing and the door opens, open XBMC and start playing the game.

I already have the function working up to XBMC firing using eventghost, but I am looking for a python command that will go directly to the game. I have read about ways of starting add-on services automatically but that still leaves a few options to select before starting the game.

If anyone has an ideas of accomplishing this, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Richard73 - 2014-06-10

My attempt to login failed, I have the right username and password but is says something about not reciving the right cookies,

how do i access the log file

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - rbrohman - 2014-06-11

Try to login again today. I always struggle with the "invalid login" message when I'm setting MLBMC up on a new rig. I believe that MLB has made the login restrictions tighter this year in terms of number of attempts before a lockout.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Richard73 - 2014-06-11

(2014-06-11, 14:09)rbrohman Wrote: Try to login again today. I always struggle with the "invalid login" message when I'm setting MLBMC up on a new rig. I believe that MLB has made the login restrictions tighter this year in terms of number of attempts before a lockout.

I am currently loggeed in on Apple TV, is that the problem, as want my Raspberry Pi running this downstairs on OPenElec, don't really want to fork out for another Apple TV for downstairs

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - rbrohman - 2014-06-12

Could be, I haven't tried 2 concurrent streams. Try tomorrow to access on the Pi box before you've logged on using the Apple TV.

Also, are you using the standard version of MLBMC, or MLBMC-HLS? The HLS version has been reported to not work on the Pi, and I've not seen anyone come up with a solution yet.