XBMC Community Forum
script.module.urlresolver development - Printable Version

+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Python Add-on Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: script.module.urlresolver development (/showthread.php?tid=105707)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- koma85 - 2011-11-01 18:26

t0mm0 Wrote:cool. the current megavideo code could perhaps be expanded to add login info? the code is from here so we should contribute it back if we add anything (though sadly there is no git or svn available it seems).

i think also that if it is a 'd=' link, you can just change the domain to megaupload and get the original file even if you are not a premium member which might also be useful (though i haven't seen too many megavideo d links in the wild and i haven't seen anywhere a way of converting from v to d links...)

t0mm0

As i can see there are already some python snip codes that we can use to retrive the coockie id:
Code:
http://code.google.com/p/dmd-xbmc/source/browse/trunk/script.module.dmd-czech.common/lib/megavideo.py?spec=svn47&r=47
and they are already created for xbmc as i can see Wink

- slyi - 2011-11-01 19:15

Could you add icefilms resolver? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6589941/icefilms_resolver/icefilms.py.txt

- Eldorado - 2011-11-01 23:17

slyi Wrote:Could you add icefilms resolver? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6589941/icefilms_resolver/icefilms.py.txt

I may be wrong, but I don't think this is the idea of the resolver.. what you wrote there should be the addon side of things

- t0mm0 - 2011-11-02 20:15

Eldorado Wrote:I may be wrong, but I don't think this is the idea of the resolver.. what you wrote there should be the addon side of things

I could go either way. I wrote the tubeplus plugin to show this type of thing was possible. But I would probably prefer it to resulve the actual icefilms page URL rather than thee iframe as I could see more use for that (or handle both types)

(Sorry if it already does I am reading the code on my phone on the train Wink)

t0mm0

- slyi - 2011-11-03 19:11

I updated code above to enable both, I don't see why we would put these at the plugin level as you still resolving these semi complex urls and it cleaner to have in th script library.

- t0mm0 - 2011-11-03 21:33

slyi Wrote:I updated code above to enable both, I don't see why we would put these at the plugin level as you still resolving these semi complex urls and it cleaner to have in th script library.

are you saying you don't think the whole plugin should be included? or just the resolving from a real icefilms url?

the reason i like resolving the actual web page url is that is the way i have been thinking about this whole thing - the object is to turn a url you might visit on the web into the url xbmc needs to play back. for example, i've also been playing with making a browser addon/extension that adds a button to send the url of the current page to an xbmc instance for urlresolver to parse. adq was also doing a similar thing with the android remote. those kinds of things really benefit from this philosophy (no need to write the code in lots of places). then there are other ideas that we probably haven't though of yet (what about some kind of plugin that does a google search for the film you want to watch for example?)

anyone have any reasons not to include it?

t0mm0

- slyi - 2011-11-03 22:31

I think these resolvers should be included.

- rogerthis - 2011-11-03 23:23

Would including the icefilms resolver impact the chances of the module getting into the xbmc official repo? Is that something that could be still on the cards, or have anybody been in touch about it either way?

Also shouldn't the tubeplus resolver be out too, it's the same as icefilms, an aggregator as opposed to a hoster.

- t0mm0 - 2011-11-04 00:12

slyi Wrote:I think these resolvers should be included.

cool.

rogerthis Wrote:Would including the icefilms resolver impact the chances of the module getting into the xbmc official repo? Is that something that could be still on the cards, or have anybody been in touch about it either way?
hmmm, dunno about that. i guess we should start thinking about this kind of thing. if any plugins are too contentious to get included officially there may be a technical way around it (allow plugins to be added in separate modules and keep the 'dodgy' ones in a non-official repo).
rogerthis Wrote:Also shouldn't the tubeplus resolver be out too, it's the same as icefilms, an aggregator as opposed to a hoster.
if one goes than as you say they should both go. personally i still think they are useful enough to keep though.

anyone else?

t0mm0

- t0mm0 - 2011-11-04 00:15

by the way i just merged another batch of plugins from MaxMustermann:
  • rapidvideo
  • ufliq
  • sharefiles
  • vidstream
  • flashx

thanks max!

- Eldorado - 2011-11-15 22:42

Just seeing how things are going, anything we can do to help get it finished and finally released?

I think for myself the only thing I am in need of is Context Menu support

- t0mm0 - 2011-11-17 19:13

hi eldorado!

Eldorado Wrote:Just seeing how things are going, anything we can do to help get it finished and finally released?

I think for myself the only thing I am in need of is Context Menu support

yes sorry i have neglected this again spending too much time supporting already released addons Frown

actually i had a quick go at the weekend adding your metadata stuff to letmewatchthis but i failed (my fault i'm sure!) i'll give it another go and if i still fail i'll ask in your thread Wink

so anyway, yeah, what is needed to release this stuff now?

1. context menu stuff - are you happy with dragonwins code? any changes required? does it do everything you want? should i just merge it in "as is" for now? (i still haven't had a chance to look at it much, i'll try ASAP)

2. is everyone happy with the current API for using urlresolver? i think i am happy with it at the moment.

3. should anything else be added before an initial release? i can't think of anything else at the moment....

4. can we get this into the official repo? i will join the mailing list and ask whether this stuff is all OK to be included or if some should not be. i think if needed we could break out controversial plugins and distribute them elsewhere. thinking about it, should we do that anyway (keep plugins out of the addon itself and set up some automated update type of thing to always grab the latest? that would mean fixing plugins would not require an update of the addon itself which could be useful if it goes in the official repo) - anyone have any thoughts on any of that or any other ideas?

let me know what you all think....

thanks,

t0mm0

- Eldorado - 2011-11-17 20:09

Well I took a look in Dragonwin's context menu stuff, and I have questions.. hopefully he shows up again!

I'm probably not going to be able to explain this properly.. but I'll give it a go Smile

In his helper function used to create a contextmenu list object, what is done limits what kind of menu items you can create, I'm also confused on the purpose of 'newlist'

Code:
def create_contextmenu(self, menuname, scriptargs,
                            newlist=False, contextmenuobj=''):
        if not contextmenuobj:
            contextmenuobj = []
        if newlist:
            contextmenuobj.append((menuname, u'XBMC.Container.Update(%s?%s)' %
                               (self.url, scriptargs)))
        else:
            contextmenuobj.append((menuname, u'XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?%s)' %
                               (self.url, scriptargs)))
        return contextmenuobj

If newlist=True then you are creating a menu item with a function of 'XBMC.Container.Update' ... I'm not sure what this does or the use, I assumed it refreshed your current list (?)

If newlist=False then you create one with a xbmc.RunPlugin which so far for me is the most common type I've been using... eg. calling mine or another addon with a set of query strings (see my test meta addon how I do meta refresh and watched status)

Going in I would have assumed that newlist meant that the menu items will replace the standard menu items xbmc gives... but doesn't seem to be the case and I don't see a way in his code to turn that option on - very good chance that I'm missing something Smile

To replace the context menu you do this:
Code:
listitem.addContextMenuItems(contextmenuobj, replaceItems=True)

But.. what if I want to do a different function that is not XBMC.RunPluggin or xbmc.Container.Update? Doesn't look like I can..

eg. In Icefilms to add an item to display the Info screen:
Code:
contextMenuItems.append(('Show Information', 'XBMC.Action(Info)'))

So.. it would be nice if Dragonwin could come back to help out on this, if not then I think it might be best to drop the helper function and just let a list item get passed into add_directory() and add_video_item() along with a boolean for replaceitems

Contextmenu support should be on any directory or video/music item

eg.

Code:
def add_directory(self, queries, title, img='', fanart='',
                      total_items=0, is_folder=True, contextmenuobj='', contextreplace=False):
        if contextmenuobj:
            listitem.addContextMenuItems(contextmenuobj, replaceItems=contextreplace)

- Eldorado - 2011-11-17 20:11

Oh.. as for everything else, works very well!

If anything in the terms of plugins being questionable to us, then I would drop them from initial release and see what we can do for updates further on

- bigdog6262 - 2011-11-18 08:59

does this plugin work and stream from MU as of right now
and is there a way to edit the MU link that it streams from