Kodi Community Forum
Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd (/showthread.php?tid=105712)

- pmow - 2011-08-02

Two things:
  • MediaDog doesn't support Sab with APIKEY disabled. In my case, I have a password but no apikey but some others may use no password or apikey at all.

• The tab pull-up of sab is interesting, but it disappears when sickbeard or CP area is loaded. If you aren't going to make it "always on top" you should probably just turn it into an icon like the others.

- sugs - 2011-08-02

Whahey i found some time ( was just laying around apparently Big Grin )

Anyways here r my ideas:

I liked the slider idea you had on top, But i changed it slighty as you can see.
I've added options Movies, TV Shows and Transfers (representing couchpotato,sickbeard and sbnzb)

The first view u see is the TV Shows view. As u prolly noticed i added the next upcoming episode in the titleblock so u don't need a seperate tab/slide for the upcoming episodes.

Also i snatched some smaller TVShow images from imdb to make room for some text. On the TVShow detail image u see your banner there and then your already used list. I added a color button with a text (like in sickbeard mainview) so u can shortly show what the status of the episode is.

Tell me what u think of it !!!

- Adeiko - 2011-08-02

Love this last mockup but have some suggestions.

First of all, i think the Coming Episodes Tab is a good thing, it acts like a calendar, do not get rid of it!

Having the option to choose between poster / Banner style would be perfect, both of them looks good, XBMC remote does this already for example.

Also, when you click en episode, right now it shows a pop up with the options, i think it would look better if it shows something like this, not in a pop-up. (my paint skills are very bad xD).

Also adding the re-search option (like when you click the magnifier to an episode in sickbeard webpage). And instead of the text "Sickbeard" in the top, use the image like in the mockup.

About the Sabnzbd interface, i'le the way sabcontrol shows it:

About couchpotato, adding the "Soon" menu would be awesome, but do not know if that it's posible, none of the couchpotato apps i've seen have it. Until then, you can do 3 tabs between wanted / Snatched / Downloaded Smile

Hope something of this helps Smile Keep the good work!

- sugs - 2011-08-02

Hi adeiko,

nice mockups Smile

The idea to have something like a tv guide for coming episodes is indeed a good idea.
If you add like a sorting option to the TVShows list then it can act like a calender. My idea was to incorperate the 2 slides by adding the date to the next episode.

Maybe it's an idea to add the next episode text complete with prologue to the TVshow view of, in this mockup, breaking bad.

Although i like the little popups but thats prolly just taste Big Grin

Bean_ian will have a lot to think about when he sees these mockups Big Grin

- Bram77 - 2011-08-02

This app is SO awsome!! Tanks a lot!

- bean_ian - 2011-08-02

@sugs looks great! I like the idea of swiping between apps but how would the user swipe between wanted/snatched & downloaded films?
using banners and posters is possible(sickbeard stores both) but id be concerned about the user getting lost once they navigate into a tvshow.
Looks good though, hopefully once 0.4 beds in i can focus on implementing some of these ideas.

- sugs - 2011-08-03

Thx bean_ian,

Quote:how would the user swipe between wanted/snatched & downloaded films?

I haven't thought of the Movies part yet. But maybe it is possible to integrate both.
Just an quick idea. If you keep the same layout as the tvshows but change the text of the next episode to a color status like in the episode view, would that be sufficient?

At least it would simplify your work as you could almost reuse that list view Big Grin

Quote:but id be concerned about the user getting lost once they navigate into a tvshow.
In my mockups i forgot to change the top banner (grey one) which only states sickbeard. But you can change that to the tvshow name or use something like breadcrums to show where u are people will not get lost.
Breadcrums will probably be over the top cause in the new market app you also go from a list view to an application view and back (by pressing your fysical back button) without showing where u are.

- bean_ian - 2011-08-07

MediaDog 0.4.0 has just been released to the beta testers. Hopefully i can release this public in the next couple of days if everything goes ok.
Features of this release are:
  • Redesigned UI for Couchpotato & Sickbeard
  • Addition of Coming Episodes to Sickbeard
  • Banner view in SickBeard
  • Image Caching for improved performance
  • Bug fixes including no CouchPotato search results issue (thanks parrafin).

Next of the list of priorities is integration into the new SickBeard API, better SABnzbd support, adding quality indicators to couchpotato & sickbeard.

- sugs - 2011-08-07

Hi ian,

Thx for the beta test!

I'm testing with a samsung galaxy s2, while fetching my series list (sickbeard) for the first time i encountered an error. A second try fetched the list correctly.

@Home i only got an edge connection and it takes pretty long to fetch all the images for the tvshows. On an extra downside i can't tell the shows appart when you only see the preloaded sickbeard images (my mockup should fix that issue Laugh ) +15min for +100 shows. It failed to retrieve images for Carnivàle and flash forward.

So maybe it's advised to fetch the images while u r on a wificonnection. I'm waiting now for all the images to load. The second time the fetched images show themselves correctly and fast.

Also the coming episodes tab stays empty while it loading those images. My guess it will build up when its done fetching the images for the tvshows. Eventually the coming episodes list did not retrieve the images... Sad And i got the banner view in sickbeard enabled...

If you are going for the mockup i made for the tvshow list its maybe a good idea to load the images when all the pages are build up. If it's possible to do this seperately...

An other issue i encountered is when you click on a tvshow and then drag your seasons downwards the season titles turn black instead of being transparant. when u then click on the series again they become transparant again.

Will continue to test and post the issues i hopefully on't find Cool

Anyways Thx again for your work Ian!!! You're doing a great job !!!

- kruykaze - 2011-08-07

bean_ian Wrote:MediaDog 0.4.0 has just been released to the beta testers. Hopefully i can release this public in the next couple of days if everything goes ok.
Features of this release are:
  • Redesigned UI for Couchpotato & Sickbeard
  • Addition of Coming Episodes to Sickbeard
  • Banner view in SickBeard
  • Image Caching for improved performance
  • Bug fixes including no CouchPotato search results issue (thanks parrafin).

Next of the list of priorities is integration into the new SickBeard API, better SABnzbd support, adding quality indicators to couchpotato & sickbeard.

I see you updated the first post but the download link is still for 0.3.1 . Is 0.4 still for beta only and if so how do I become a beta tester?
Thank you much.

- Paraffin - 2011-08-08

Hi Ian

Thanks for the 0.4 release, I will start by saying that this is a great app already and all feedback are tweaks.

Images: The CouchPotato images are very small say 6kb but the TV Show banners are vary massively from 30kb to nearly 300kb. this can have an effect of slowing down the load times of images and also for the initial sync especially over mobile data.

CouchPotato Wanted List. The movie description vertical alignment needs to be top so more of the space available is used rather than having large gaps between the movie title and the description. Also a small amount of pad at the bottom to separate the description and next movie title.

Sickbeard: Like the new banner interface but have had an issue with loading all the images, the app states a problem is encountered and a report has been sent. This has happened thrice so far.

Sickbeard: The TV Shows and Coming Episodes menus collide strangely when moving from Coming Episodes to TV Shows.

Hope this helps and will continue to report back

- cman675 - 2011-08-08

Thanks for the beta release. This app is really becoming great, quickly.

So far my findings have been the same as others. Sickbeard's images take a while to download and load. Banners also don't load until you focus on them, I don't know if this is a limitation with android though, because I have seen this problem with other apps.

When scrolling through my sickbeard list, I often hit an error when I get towards the bottom.

Couch Potato looks very slick. Images load fast as has been mentioned before and I also have not had any errors.

Keep up the great work, .4 is a huge leap!

- sugs - 2011-08-08

An other issue i found was that when u hit the refresh button in sickbeard it hits an error and it fails to retrieve the tvshows.

When loading the lists u get a pop-up with a processbar. Which is ok but the numbers on the bottom are not correctly i think when i start loading it shows 0/100 and when done is shows 101/101. Seams a bit wierd Big Grin

Also it did not like switching from portrait to landscape orientation Wink

- thezoggy - 2011-08-08

cman675 Wrote:Thanks for the beta release. This app is really becoming great, quickly.

So far my findings have been the same as others. Sickbeard's images take a while to download and load. Banners also don't load until you focus on them, I don't know if this is a limitation with android though, because I have seen this problem with other apps.

When scrolling through my sickbeard list, I often hit an error when I get towards the bottom.

Couch Potato looks very slick. Images load fast as has been mentioned before and I also have not had any errors.

Keep up the great work, .4 is a huge leap!

this is due to images being full size in sickbeard... if you have a slow connection it will take awhile for 500kb-1mb images.

- bean_ian - 2011-08-08

WOW! That is some excellent testing & feedback lads, thanks a million.

From looking at the error logs 90% of the issues are around OutOfMemory errors when attempting to display the banners.
As zoggy said the images im pulling are coming from sickbeard and are full size.
I should be able to scale them down in code before caching them to SD but it will affect the quality and might not look as good in landscape mode/on tablets.
The only problem is this will not remedy the slow download issue. If you have a slow upload speed on your line you WILL hit performance issues(if your not using WiFi).
A solution to this is grab the images from the TVDB directly as opposed to the users server.
I'll look into this and see if this approach provides any benefits. I dont think the TVDB provides anyway to download low res banners though.