Kodi Community Forum
Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd (/showthread.php?tid=105712)

- skabyss - 2011-09-13

Awesome app!

I am having issues with SABnzb not seeming to load any info.. this a bug?

(scrap the sabnzb problem, seems to be working now)

Also, would be great if we had the option to skip the selection screen for sickbeard/couchpotato and perhaps just use one of them!

- thezoggy - 2011-09-13

just fyi midget is back. pull requests have started.

- Metsadah - 2011-09-13

Probably asked a lot: is there something similar for iOS?

Banner dont show - spyvingen - 2011-09-14

I have some series where banner dont show up in "tv shows" or "Coming episodes" but atleast one of the banner is present in sb under coming episodes and all those series have banner om tvdb homepage.

Is there any way to fix this bug?

- bean_ian - 2011-09-14

when you say the banner doesn't show i'm assuming you mean the default banner is show in it's place?
I'm aware of this issue and ran into it myself yesterday.
It happens when MediaDog asks sickbeard for the banner for a newly added show before sickbeard has had a chance to fetch it.
Therefore it doesnt exist yet so SB returns the default banner.
Not sure how I can work around this at the moment. Zoggy has created an API which will resolve this issue ( and also a similar issue that occurs if the show has no banner on thetvdb)
Once that is merged into the master build I will rewrite the MediaDog code to use this API instead of HTML parsing which it is doing at the moment

- bean_ian - 2011-09-14

Metsadah Wrote:Probably asked a lot: is there something similar for iOS?
There is an app called iCouchPotato, it's not on the app store though but you should be able to find it on this forum.

- bean_ian - 2011-09-14

Just an update on new changes coming down the line
I have added history actions to the SAB client( will be in the next version). You can now
  • View History Action Summary
  • Delete individual history items or all
  • Remove failed items and their associated files
  • Retry failed item
All of this requires sabnzbd 0.6 +

Also I'm considering getting rid of the sabnzbd pull up tab and just putting sab in its own screen like the Couchpotato & Sickbeard.
Doing it this way would also allow a user to swipe between the queue and history which would be more slick then the clunky history button at the moment.Big Grin

Anyone have any widget development experience?
Thinking of creating a CouchPotato widget that will show recently snatched movies.
I find I mostly use the app to see if CP has snatched anything on my queue. A widget showing say, the last 3, movies it has snatched would be pretty cool I think. I have never even read up on how to implement widgets in Android, I'm sure I could handle it but I think I would struggle making it look nice.
Any graphic designers out there feel free to help!

- spyvingen - 2011-09-14

bean_ian Wrote:when you say the banner doesn't show i'm assuming you mean the default banner is show in it's place?
I'm aware of this issue and ran into it myself yesterday.
It happens when MediaDog asks sickbeard for the banner for a newly added show before sickbeard has had a chance to fetch it.
Therefore it doesnt exist yet so SB returns the default banner.
Not sure how I can work around this at the moment. Zoggy has created an API which will resolve this issue ( and also a similar issue that occurs if the show has no banner on thetvdb)
Once that is merged into the master build I will rewrite the MediaDog code to use this API instead of HTML parsing which it is doing at the moment

Ok if i understand correctly if i add a show and opens it before sb fetched the complete serie media dog thinks it does not have a banner. Wont it try to fetch it later cus the series i got with this issue the banner is still default after several weeks.

Good that theres an api now.

About widget i would love a widget that shows me upcoming series episodes.

I use notifo to get updates on what is downloaded so that widget would not suite me but a good idea.

About the sab i think you have a pint there put it like the others.

Dont know if my version is a litle old but i cant use landscape mode at the start screen.

and on that subject i would like the shows listed with small banners in sb and two beside eachother instead like this

Edited out my beutiful asscii img and made an uggly pait instead :
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/bannerbc.jpg/

So instead of seing 2 series on one screen its 4-6 series on one screen.

Edit :
And ofcourse we would love this app on market to get auto updates.

- bean_ian - 2011-09-14

spyvingen Wrote:Ok if i understand correctly if i add a show and opens it before sb fetched the complete serie media dog thinks it does not have a banner. Wont it try to fetch it later cus the series i got with this issue the banner is still default after several weeks.
MediaDog will cache the images locally on your sd card in a folder called MediaDog. When it first downloads a new banner it will save it to sd card and use that from now on instead of downloading it each time.
In this case it is downloading the default banner and caching that.

A workaround for this is to delete the MediaDog folder on your sd card. MediaDog will then re-download all the banners and posters again solving the problem. Not ideal but it's all i can suggest at this stage.
Quote:Edit :
And ofcourse we would love this app on market to get auto updates.
Yeah once the next version is stable I will publish to the market. Make life alot easier for people.

- spyvingen - 2011-09-14

Ohh then i see i thougt the default banner was shown if no banner existed and disapeard when banner got added.

Thank u for the tip i will do it right now Smile Like u said not ideal but works Smile

Edit:
Worked like a charm i have all banners now ty Smile

- bean_ian - 2011-09-14

Also I'd like to implement support for reverse proxies. I tried to set it up on my box but just couldnt get it working.
If someone could point me to a 'Reverse Proxies for Dummies' guide or assist me in setting it up I would appreciate it.
I'm running XBMC Live if that helps.

- Dilligaf - 2011-09-15

How about Headphones integration? I remember it being mentioned earlier.

Mike

- Reginald - 2011-09-15

bean_ian Wrote:Just an update on new changes coming down the line
I have added history actions to the SAB client( will be in the next version). You can now
  • View History Action Summary
  • Delete individual history items or all
  • Remove failed items and their associated files
  • Retry failed item
All of this requires sabnzbd 0.6 +

Also I'm considering getting rid of the sabnzbd pull up tab and just putting sab in its own screen like the Couchpotato & Sickbeard.
Doing it this way would also allow a user to swipe between the queue and history which would be more slick then the clunky history button at the moment.Big Grin

Anyone have any widget development experience?
Thinking of creating a CouchPotato widget that will show recently snatched movies.
I find I mostly use the app to see if CP has snatched anything on my queue. A widget showing say, the last 3, movies it has snatched would be pretty cool I think. I have never even read up on how to implement widgets in Android, I'm sure I could handle it but I think I would struggle making it look nice.
Any graphic designers out there feel free to help!

Great changes, I am really loving your work, any chance you will be looking at adding the ability to adjust the throttle download speed? I think it might even work as a "sub-menu" by being on the SAB screen and hitting menu.

Thanks for all of your hard work!!

- Cstark - 2011-09-15

Dilligaf Wrote:How about Headphones integration? I remember it being mentioned earlier.

Mike

This ^ Smile

- bean_ian - 2011-09-16

Dilligaf Wrote:How about Headphones integration? I remember it being mentioned earlier.

Mike

This is something I'm hoping to implement eventually however as it is such a new application it is changing quite alot which means any integration I do would be quite unstable.
I have been in contact with the developer who was keen to implement an API but it just isn't a high priority for him at the moment.