Kodi Community Forum
Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd (/showthread.php?tid=105712)

- Faba - 2011-09-22

That's it change it to english and it works like a charm !! Wink

- bean_ian - 2011-09-22

That's great Faba, thanks for sorting that out! Now I know what is causing it I should be able to fix it. I'll keep you posted

- Faba - 2011-09-22

no problem. As a workaround: change language to english, configure mediadog, and change it back to whatever you like. MediaDogs still works, at least what I tried in the last couple of minutes.

Update:

Since it was the first time I could really test your app, i found out that the search buttons in SB and CB don't work either when I set the language to german.

- mason - 2011-09-23

thanks, nice find its reproducable, switched from german to english and it is working! nice..

but one thing, the gui is butt ugly (sorry normaly i don't bitch about free stuff) but the application would even benefit if you just replace the font used for the header and the 'pull up tab' text.

just a cosideration...

- bean_ian - 2011-09-23

Good news, managed to find the issue and it is now fixed!
I was able to reproduce the issue by changing my language. The buttons that opened the Settings, Search & Refresh all look for the English names of those in the code but when the language was set to something else it wouldnt do anything.
The fix will be in version 0.5 which I hope to release sometime next week.
Thanks again to Faba for spotting this( have you considered a career in Software Testing? Wink )

- Faba - 2011-09-23

With a couple of years in first and second level IT support you get a feeling for problem solving Wink

I'm lookinmg forward to Version 0.5 Smile

- spyvingen - 2011-09-23

i came to think of a new function.

Maybe this have to be in sb but it should work with reading sbConfused loggs.

Whenever a new episode in coming episode gets downloaded the app saves the episode titel in a db and displays in a new pane in the mediadog/sb interface.

This is good cus if you have a lot of series and dont know what is newly downloaded without going throug all series and see if something new is downloaded.

Yeah i know there is a notification system but that one also show all other crap you downloaded like whole seasons and crap and i would have to scroll forever to se something worth finding.

How about it anyone else agree this would be great?

- ryscar - 2011-09-24

bean_ian Wrote:Also I'd like to implement support for reverse proxies. I tried to set it up on my box but just couldnt get it working.
If someone could point me to a 'Reverse Proxies for Dummies' guide or assist me in setting it up I would appreciate it.
I'm running XBMC Live if that helps.

Ian,
Did that email I sent you help out at all with the proxy? If not, let me know what type of problems you are having and I will see what I can do.

- rbrohman - 2011-09-25

Great app! Installed from market on my Droid 3 (xt860) and setup was a breeze with SAB and SB (I'm not using couch potato).

I do seem to encounter a lot of crashes though as i navigate through the app. The message pops up saying that a log was submitted, but i thought i'd check here to see if there was anything else i can do to try and troubleshoot.

Thanks

- thezoggy - 2011-09-28

sickbeard windows binary build 489 is out...
includes the fix for the auto-updater (due to googlecode url change)
so you will have to update this one manually.

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/downloads/list

MediaDog does not work for me. - ferrytale - 2011-09-28

Can someone please help me with the following issue.

I have just downloaded MediaDog from the android market.
But I can't get it it to work on my HTC Desire HD,my Desire HD isn't rooted so that cannot be the problem I think.

I have set everything according to the settings of the programs.

But when I try to start for instance sickbeard it stays on the screen that says 'Getting your sickbeard TV shows'.
And then after a couple of moments the program says 'The request to your server has timed out'

I hope someone can give me the answer to this issue.

Thanks

- DPickles - 2011-09-28

I've got mine working on my HTC Desire HD. How are you trying to access it? Are you trying to access it over your network or over 3g?

Have you opened up the correct ports? It could be that your router is blocking outside access to them.

- ferrytale - 2011-09-28

I try to acces it over my network and for as far as I know my router does not block the ports.

DPickles Wrote:I've got mine working on my HTC Desire HD. How are you trying to access it? Are you trying to access it over your network or over 3g?

Have you opened up the correct ports? It could be that your router is blocking outside access to them.

- ferrytale - 2011-09-28

Is there maybe some kind of manual of how I can setup this program?

DPickles Wrote:I've got mine working on my HTC Desire HD. How are you trying to access it? Are you trying to access it over your network or over 3g?

- DPickles - 2011-09-28

Are you able to access sab etc. Over your network? As long as you can access them you shouldnt have any problems.