Kodi Community Forum
Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd (/showthread.php?tid=105712)

- bean_ian - 2011-11-04

spyvingen Wrote:When will the gui be more suited for landscape?
And will there be a gui for 3.0 and 4.0 for tablet?
the app fully supports landscape at the moment, what exactly are you referring to?
no plans to develop a specific tablet UI at the moment. the app should be somewhat usable on tablets at the moment. I know a few users are using it on tablets without issue

- dsimages - 2011-11-04

bean_ian Wrote:so you got the errors with 0.5.0? are you using SSL? can you access sab using your phones browser?

I got errors with both versions (5.0/5.1)

I cannot access sab through phone or tablet's browser using ip: port or localhost: port. I can however access sab with any pc on network using localhost:port.

- bean_ian - 2011-11-04

dsimages Wrote:I got errors with both versions (5.0/5.1)

I cannot access sab through phone or tablet's browser using ip: port or localhost: port. I can however access sab with any pc on network using localhost:port.
ok well the issue you are having has nothing to do with MediaDog. If you cannot access from your phones browser maybe it's a problem with your port forwarding rules on your router(if you are accessing using an external IP).

- dsimages - 2011-11-04

ok, thanks. I will see what i come up with..

- spyvingen - 2011-11-04

bean_ian Wrote:the app fully supports landscape at the moment, what exactly are you referring to?
no plans to develop a specific tablet UI at the moment. the app should be somewhat usable on tablets at the moment. I know a few users are using it on tablets without issue

Yeha i know it supports it but its not relly optimal.

Heres some picture the first one shows that i cant press sab
and the second one only shows 2 series you coul use the space way better in landscape.

http://imageshack.us/g/510/screenshot1320432704430.png/

Dont take me wrong love tha app but this is somewhat anoing Smile

Regards to tablet there you could relly use the screen dont have tablet yet but when transformer prime comes i will hav one Smile

Edit
have 0.5.0 btw waiting for the new market release if its already fixed there

- Paraffin - 2011-11-07

Hi Guys

I am moving to the darkside away from Android to an iPhone and my biggest loss will be this app. Is there an iPhone version in development or is there one already out?

Cheers

- bean_ian - 2011-11-07

Paraffin Wrote:Hi Guys

I am moving to the darkside away from Android to an iPhone and my biggest loss will be this app. Is there an iPhone version in development or is there one already out?

Cheers
Sad another one bites the dust!

As far as i'm aware the only alternative is iCouchPotato which is available in Cydia. The dev is on these forums so maybe he can be persuaded to incorporate sickbeard and SAB also.

BTW 0.5.2 has been pushed down to market users and is available on the first page. only fix over 0.5.1 is a bigger SAB icon

- Paraffin - 2011-11-07

Quote: another one bites the dust!

I know, I am still drawn to ICS but want a phone that just works now, I have had my fill of custom roms and until this app came out thought that the App-a-sphere is just a weak on Android but it is getting better..

The good news about replacing my HTC Desire is that I can get £120 from a recycling site which will buy me a HP MicroServer Smile

If there isn't an elegant solution on the iPhone then I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace that I may dedicate to being an XBMC remote and Media Dog manager...

- bean_ian - 2011-11-07

Paraffin Wrote:I know, I am still drawn to ICS but want a phone that just works now, I have had my fill of custom roms and until this app came out thought that the App-a-sphere is just a weak on Android but it is getting better..
Took delivery of an iPad myself there couple of weeks ago. My first foray into iOS. My reasoning was the Android tablet market just wasn't mature enough and it would just end up being a large phone.

Have to say iOS is quite nice, love the AirPlay feature(combined with Spotify), however the restrictiveness is quite frustrating(no jailbreak on iPad 2 yet) coming from Android and most decent apps are not free and quite expensive compared to Android.
Also the theory that iOS is more stable is unjustified. Maybe it's just me but I have had numerous application freezes and complete OS freezes and I only have my iPad 2 weeks!

- rflores2323 - 2011-11-07

bean_ian Wrote:Took delivery of an iPad myself there couple of weeks ago. My first foray into iOS. My reasoning was the Android tablet market just wasn't mature enough and it would just end up being a large phone.

Have to say iOS is quite nice, love the AirPlay feature(combined with Spotify), however the restrictiveness is quite frustrating(no jailbreak on iPad 2 yet) coming from Android and most decent apps are not free and quite expensive compared to Android.
Also the theory that iOS is more stable is unjustified. Maybe it's just me but I have had numerous application freezes and complete OS freezes and I only have my iPad 2 weeks!

yeah I agree. iOs is not as stable as poeple make it out to be if you actually use it alot and tinker with it alot. but for poeple that use it for just running some apps and are not power users the IOS is great.

- Beezer - 2011-11-07

Hi,

I've purchased the app from the market & think it's pretty cool. I'm just in the process of securing my servers a little & there's a few small improvements I'd like to request.

1) Allow each of sab, coach & sick to have their own host names rather than assume they're all on the same box
2) Implement SSL.

Thanks.

- IAmNotAUser - 2011-11-11

Hey bean_ian,

A short while ago, I flashed In Paris V4 onto my Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi. I haven't needed Media Dog since I did. Today I saw there was an update in the market - so updated, and went to configure the servers but pressing the Honeycomb menu key doesn't do anything now, so I can't add any servers?

Also, is it possible for you to go back to the single column layout whilst on a tablet? I understand the new layout is for phones, but I think that the previous looked better on a large screen.

- bean_ian - 2011-11-11

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Hey bean_ian,

A short while ago, I flashed In Paris V4 onto my Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi. I haven't needed Media Dog since I did. Today I saw there was an update in the market - so updated, and went to configure the servers but pressing the Honeycomb menu key doesn't do anything now, so I can't add any servers?
Thats strange, you can revert to 0.5.0 here or 0.4.2 here and see if you have any luck.

- pgmc - 2011-11-11

Hi bean_ian, I know this has probably been asked before but is there any way to access SB or CP instances that have a modified web_root (SB) or urlbase (CP)?

Currently I have my servers set up at http://[server ip]:[port]/sickbeard/ and http://[server ip]:[port]/couchpotato/

I seemingly have no way to add the text portions of my server addresses in the MediaDog settings and so I get an error every time I try to connect to SB and CP.

- soopahfly - 2011-11-13

Any updates on getting Headphones integrated?

Cheers! Love the app.

Working fine on my Iconia A500 Tablet and i9000