Kodi Community Forum
Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd (/showthread.php?tid=105712)

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - oneadvent - 2012-06-02

(2012-06-02, 18:16)TuxRacer Wrote: Hi bean_ian, thanks for creating a great app. However i think you forgot to do something Smile You changed the thread title to MediaDog 0.7.3 and you also updated the first post with a new changelog entry, however the link still goes to 0.7.2.

Hopefully the newest version will make it work on my transformer prime

On this note, it isn't updated on the Market yet either.

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - TuxRacer - 2012-06-03

Well the version on google play is at 0.6.6 so i dont think he is putting to much effort in updating that.

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - oneadvent - 2012-06-04

I would hope that v .6.6 get the updates though? I use this for my wife so she doesn't have to learn stuff on the computer, and I paid for it to auto update for a reason (she wont go here and grab the new one)

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - Fmstrat - 2012-06-05

Any idea when CouchPotatoServer (v2) support will be added? Happy to buy once it's there. The CouchPotato developer is no longer supporting v1 (not sure why he hasn't updated the main page yet).

Also having the tablet problem as the link is still for version 0.7.2.

Thanks!
Ben

*edit*
Would also LOVE to see a feature like other apps have that allows you to "share" from the IMDB app to MediaDog using the v2 API of CouchPotatoServer.

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - bean_ian - 2012-06-05

(2012-06-04, 13:44)oneadvent Wrote: I would hope that v .6.6 get the updates though? I use this for my wife so she doesn't have to learn stuff on the computer, and I paid for it to auto update for a reason (she wont go here and grab the new one)
The market will of course be updated. I use these forums as a beta prior to pushing anything out to the market users. There is almost 3,000 of them so I want to make sure that it is rock solid when pushed out.

I was a bit premature in updating the original post with 0.7.3. When I tested the final build version of the app it crashes on launch so I had to pull it straight away and revert back to 0.7.2.
Hoping to get this sorted today and uploaded. Once the tablet issue is fixed 0.7.3 will be pushed down to the market users
(2012-06-05, 03:13)Fmstrat Wrote: Any idea when CouchPotatoServer (v2) support will be added? Happy to buy once it's there. The CouchPotato developer is no longer supporting v1 (not sure why he hasn't updated the main page yet).

Also having the tablet problem as the link is still for version 0.7.2.

Thanks!
Ben

*edit*
Would also LOVE to see a feature like other apps have that allows you to "share" from the IMDB app to MediaDog using the v2 API of CouchPotatoServer.

It's on the list of todo's! I will need to maintain backwards compatibility as there isn't an upgrade path from v1 to v2 that i can see(through the front end) and most users will not be aware it's even out

UPDATE: 0.7.3 is now available on the first post. Can tablet users please install and let me know if the issue with the menu bar is resolved?
Also feedback on headphones integration would be good also!!

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - Fmstrat - 2012-06-06

(2012-06-05, 16:50)bean_ian Wrote: UPDATE: 0.7.3 is now available on the first post. Can tablet users please install and let me know if the issue with the menu bar is resolved?
Also feedback on headphones integration would be good also!!

It's usable now on tablets, but the words under the buttons are cut off in both aspects (Asus Transformer Prime). It's almost like the application bar height wasn't taken into account.

Thanks!
Ben

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - beyondinferno - 2012-06-11

+1 for adding couchpotato v2 support. Didn't realize upgrading would make it unusable before I did it. Otherwise, amazing work. One of the most used and most valuable apps on my phone!

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - jaymax - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-05, 16:50)bean_ian Wrote: ...It's on the list of todo's! I will need to maintain backwards compatibility as there isn't an upgrade path from v1 to v2 that i can see(through the front end) and most users will not be aware it's even out...

Wouldn't something like this be easy to implement?
(Sorry for the shitty paint job)

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - rnodern - 2012-06-18

Hi bean_ian,

I've purchased from Google Play. The app works until I attempt to load show details from sickbeard resulting in continued force-closes.
Are there any potential reasons for this?

Cheers,
rnodern

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - bean_ian - 2012-06-18

Hi,
I have had no other reports of this. What version of Sickbeard are you running & on what platform linux/windows etc?
There should be a log file in the /MediaDog folder on your sd card(if you have enabled it in settings). Is there anything in there?
Regards,
Ian
(2012-06-18, 03:35)rnodern Wrote: Hi bean_ian,

I've purchased from Google Play. The app works until I attempt to load show details from sickbeard resulting in continued force-closes.
Are there any potential reasons for this?

Cheers,
rnodern

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - simonk83 - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-11, 09:17)beyondinferno Wrote: +1 for adding couchpotato v2 support. Didn't realize upgrading would make it unusable before I did it. Otherwise, amazing work. One of the most used and most valuable apps on my phone!

While you're waiting, just use CouchForwarder, or NZBUnity (I'd suggest that) for CPv2 support.

Personally I like that MediaDog still uses CPv1, as it's the only app that still does and CPv2 is still too buggy for me to use full time. CPv1 is still very solid, and I use it for the majority of my downloads.

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - spyvingen - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-05, 03:13)Fmstrat Wrote: *edit*

+1 Would love the app to be able to share movies and series from imdb app to couchpotato or sickbeard not just movies Smile

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - oneadvent - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-19, 01:42)simonk83 Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 09:17)beyondinferno Wrote: +1 for adding couchpotato v2 support. Didn't realize upgrading would make it unusable before I did it. Otherwise, amazing work. One of the most used and most valuable apps on my phone!

While you're waiting, just use CouchForwarder, or NZBUnity (I'd suggest that) for CPv2 support.

Personally I like that MediaDog still uses CPv1, as it's the only app that still does and CPv2 is still too buggy for me to use full time. CPv1 is still very solid, and I use it for the majority of my downloads.

Glad someone else thinks this. I have had nothing but problems with it. CP v1 for me too.

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - G1zm0 - 2012-06-26

@bean_ian

First off all thanks a lot for making this app. It's great! I use it for quite a while now and even bought it from the play store.

This morning however I recieved a major update from Sickbeard (33 commits give-or-take) and now MediaDog is not working anymore.
They did something at the homescreen with the great list of all the shows.
When I open SickBeard from MediaDog it tries to load all the shows, but then the '0%' changes in 'NaN' ("Not a Number" I guess).
Maby it is time to make use of the SickBeard API just like Headphones to prevent updates from SickBeard breaking your app.

Thnx

RE: [ANDROID] MediaDog 0.7.3 (31/05) - Central hub for Couchpotato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd - bean_ian - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-26, 19:39)G1zm0 Wrote: @bean_ian

First off all thanks a lot for making this app. It's great! Iuse it for quite a while now and even bought it from the play store.

This morning however I recieved a major update from Sickbeard (33 commits give-or-take) and now MediaDog is not working anymore.
They did something at the homescreen with the great list of all the shows.
When I open SickBeard from MediaDog it tries to load all the shows, but then the '0%' changes in 'NaN' ("Not a Number" I guess).
Maby it is time to make use of the SickBeard API just like Headphones to prevent updates from SickBeard breaking your app.

Thnx
Thanks for the heads up. Just updating my instance now to reproduce. I have had an SickBeard API written for sometime however I have not got around to adding it in. This latest issue should give me the push I need!!!
Expect a patch in the coming days