Kodi Community Forum
[Mini-ITX] Pentium-G620 (2x2.6Ghz) + GT210 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: [Mini-ITX] Pentium-G620 (2x2.6Ghz) + GT210 (/showthread.php?tid=105816)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- reta - 2011-10-12

about using GT210 instead of a HD5450, what's the reason behind that? The HD5450 is cheaper and gives you the possibility to bitstream hd audio.

edit: I can't get a hold of the case in my country, would this one suffice? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133093

- pho01 - 2011-10-12

avpap Wrote:Easy answer. GT 210 = Perfect 24p (23,976) Playback. Intel IGP = Buggy 24p and only (Cannot produce 23,976) playback and loses a frame in every 40".

but isn't it better to turn off hw acceleration and let the cpu+sw to do the job? I think that gpu acceleration is overrated, especially when you have g620 which will do the decoding without any significant utilization...

- eskro - 2011-10-13

reta Wrote:I can't get a hold of the case in my country, would this one suffice? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133093

yes

- reta - 2011-10-13

Hmm, so what, no gpu that can bitstream hd audio without the 24p playback problems that fit in a mini-itx?

- eskro - 2011-10-13

24p problem is if u use lets say i3 CPU's onboard video,,,
not when using a separate gpu,,,

- reta - 2011-10-13

eskro Wrote:24p problem is if u use lets say i3 CPU's onboard video,,,
not when using a separate gpu,,,

ok, so the hd5450 is good to go? there are so many manufacturers and models though, any recommendations?

- eskro - 2011-10-13

if your gonna use Linux stick to Nvidia graphics...

under windows, ATI is ok,,

depends on what u prefer...

ZOTAC GeForce 9300 - 386938 - 2011-10-16

hi guys has anyone run the xbmc off the ZOTAC GeForce 9300, this is the set-up i'll be running. just want to know if it will be able to run 1080p and xbmc with out any hassles i have about 4TB of media, i tried using AMD Sapphire E350M1 White Pure and it was way to slow.

2x2TB-5900RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3 (Seagate)- Green Series

Pentium 3.0Ghz Dual Core E5700(800FSB 1MB)LGA 775Pinn

ZOTAC GeForce 9300 LGA775 2xDDR3-1333 4xSATA Gigabit Built in Wireless and VGA Micro ATX Motherboard SIZT-GF9300-KE

2xTranscend JetRam High Performance 2GB DDR3 1333 Module

CFi A2059 Internal 300w PSU Mini-itx Only Piano Black Case FRCH-C2059

LG GH22NS70 Black SecureDisc OEM DVD Writer

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Dsp pack

- eskro - 2011-10-16

like i said, i dont use OpenELEC but,
people have reported driver issues with ZOTAC GeForce 9300 and Linux,,,
dont know if its fixed yet or not,,,
better ask on OpenELEC forum to be triple sure,,,

Having an issue with Win7 + GT430 on this build - gdallas - 2011-10-21

Curious if anyone has suggestions or has seen similar. My build is exactly as spec'd with the exception of using a GT430.

I have HDMI out to my receiver (Denon AVR-891). If I either change inputs on the receiver, or turn it off, after a period of time when I go back to the XBMC input there will be nothing there.

It's as if the PC has either switched to another 'monitor' or just turned the screen off completely. The only way I've found to get it to work again is to put the PC to sleep and wake it back up.

I've tried all the power mgmt settings I can find to keep things on, but I'm at a loss. Also, randomly when it comes back on the display will just flip out and then BSOD at times.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

- bluray - 2011-10-21

gdallas Wrote:Curious if anyone has suggestions or has seen similar. My build is exactly as spec'd with the exception of using a GT430.
If you haven't update your GT430 driver, you can update it from here- NVIDIA® Control Panel.

gdallas Wrote:I have HDMI out to my receiver (Denon AVR-891). If I either change inputs on the receiver, or turn it off, after a period of time when I go back to the XBMC input there will be nothing there.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
You have a very nice AVR. You might have handshake problem. You can try another HDMI cable (one of these- HDMI Cable). If there is an option, you can set video to pass-through in AVR.

- gdallas - 2011-10-21

bluray Wrote:If you haven't update your GT430 driver, you can update it from here- NVIDIA® Control Panel.
Already did that.

bluray Wrote:You have a very nice AVR. You might have handshake problem. You can try another HDMI cable (one of these- HDMI Cable). If there is an option, you can set video to pass-through in AVR.

Thanks. I am actually using those HDMI cables from Amazon. It doesn't appear to be a problem during playback, i.e. my video/audio is perfect all the time while I have the XBMC box selected in the receiver. It seems to be some type of 'time-out' once I have switched away from it for a period of time. If I switch away and come back fairly quickly (say 5 minutes or so. I don't know the exact maximum time) the signal is still there and perfect.

Appreciate the input.

- rbrohman - 2011-10-22

Try temporarily plugging your PC directly into your TV's HDMI input instead, just to see if issue persists.

- bluray - 2011-10-22

gdallas Wrote:Thanks. I am actually using those HDMI cables from Amazon. It doesn't appear to be a problem during playback, i.e. my video/audio is perfect all the time while I have the XBMC box selected in the receiver. It seems to be some type of 'time-out' once I have switched away from it for a period of time. If I switch away and come back fairly quickly (say 5 minutes or so. I don't know the exact maximum time) the signal is still there and perfect.

Appreciate the input.
handshake problem can cause by older hdmi cable, avr and hdtv. it might be lack of driver to handle tmds and hdcp properly. the easiest fix is to unplug your components or restart it to power cycle the system. this process reset the authentication cycle and restore the connection.

some people install a hdmi/hdcp compliant switch between the receiver and hdtv fix the handshake issue. these might do the trick- Mediabridge - 3 Port Mini Smart HDMI Switch or 5X1 Enhanced 1.3b Certified HDMI Switch w/ Built-In Equalizer & Remote.

- bluray - 2011-10-22

rbrohman Wrote:Try temporarily plugging your PC directly into your TV's HDMI input instead, just to see if issue persists.
if avr is set to pss-through video, it doesn't matter because it is the same way as connect hdmi cable directly hdtv.