Kodi Community Forum
[Mini-ITX] Pentium-G620 (2x2.6Ghz) + GT210 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: [Mini-ITX] Pentium-G620 (2x2.6Ghz) + GT210 (/showthread.php?tid=105816)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Gaalahaad - 2011-10-28

Just built a HTPC based largely on that config, without the video card for now.

It draws about 40W (Kill-a-watt) and runs Openelec. Can't get HDMI audio out for now but haven't tried the method on the Openelec website to try to make it work. More info on the config (measurements/pics/vids in dedicated thread) later if my life allows me to spare a bit of time ... Thanks to all contributors for helpful discussions (and sometimes confusing) on this thread and others. Nod

- jonoff - 2011-10-29

Gaalahaad Wrote:Just built a HTPC based largely on that config, without the video card for now.

It draws about 40W (Kill-a-watt) and runs Openelec. Can't get HDMI audio out for now but haven't tried the method on the Openelec website to try to make it work. More info on the config (measurements/pics/vids in dedicated thread) later if my life allows me to spare a bit of time ... Thanks to all contributors for helpful discussions (and sometimes confusing) on this thread and others. Nod

For audio, on my H67M-itx I followed this post on openelec and got audio (with menu sounds) through hdmi.
Depending on your motherboard, may require a little tuning.

- shadow_cruiser - 2011-12-02

Got this all setup and everything is working properly with a few hiccups here and there. Before I post my impressions, I've looked in the how to section but can't find a guide that goes through the optimal xbmc settings and bios settings. Anyone know where I can find something like this?. I don't understand what I should be using for the video settings and what not under xbmc

- eskro - 2011-12-02

optimal xbmc settings??

Never mind, I had tons of judder but a little research fixed that. Only problem I'm finding is the media gate remote responds only once in awhile, otherwise excellent build, thanks eskro!

- eskro - 2011-12-02

once in awhile?

Beer40 has the same remote and its flawless for him,,,

mmm,,,,

Spent a good part of yesterday setting everything up. I went from Openelec to XBMC Live and finally back to Openelec. I gotta say, things are MUCH better with Openelec (smoother,faster). The only thing I had to do was fix the HDMI audio, in which I followed this guide here http://openelec.tv/find-help/documentation/howtos/sound/item/47-sound-over-hdmi-on-ion2.

A few things about the build:

- The Apex Mi-008 power supply sits directly on top of the cpu fan. Everything was an extremely tight fit and I felt a little frustrated at times. Maybe I'm just used to the huge atx towers.

- After trimming the video card mounting bracket, I still couldn't mount the video card. I had to remove the bracket all together. Will buy a low profile bracket in the future.

- I'm planning to remove the cd/dvd tray in the case since I don't need it which would create more airflow. Maybe I should have bought a case without the cd/dvd traySmile.

- The mediagate remote was barely working with XBMC live but is working flawlessly with openelec. Not sure what the reason is.

- I couldn't install neither XBMC Live or Openelec on my Corsair USB 3.0 flash drive. It's detecting it in the bios but wouldn't let me install to it. After a little research, seems like this is a common problem.

If I were to do it again, I would buy another case. Even though this case is cheap, it's worth it to spend the extra $30.

Currently running Openelec with Aeon MQ3, everything is smooth as butter watching 1080p lossless through my NAS. Boot time from start up to openelec is 17 seconds. Just wanted to thank you again eskro for all your help. I can now sell off my WDTV media playersSmile

- eskro - 2011-12-02

good job shadow_cruiser!!!!!!!

- shadow_cruiser - 2011-12-04

shadow_cruiser Wrote:The only thing I had to do was fix the HDMI audio, in which I followed this guide here http://openelec.tv/find-help/documentation/howtos/sound/item/47-sound-over-hdmi-on-ion2.

To help others planning this build with openelec, this fix worked for a good 2-3 reboots until the audio would sometimes work. I'm now using this fix here which seems to permanent

http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-and-tricks/6924-how-to-fix-hdmi-sound-nvidia-gt210

The last problem I'm having is the BIOS is not defaulting to my Openelec USB drive as priority. I change it and it works for 1-2 reboots then goes to the bottom of the list in which I will receive this message "Remove other media. Press any key to restart". All my other BIOS settings are saving fine except the boot priority. I'm on the latest F7 bios.

- Savage702 - 2011-12-29

I was hoping someone could help me. Maybe I'm having extremely bad luck, maybe it's been too long since building a system, who knows.

I've been putting this exact setup together. Got the ASRock H67M-ITX mobo, Celeron CPU, vid card, case, etc... I put everything together, couldn't POST. No video, no beeps, only fans.

Tried a different power supply, same result. Stripped out video card, tried different monitors and keyboards, no signal to monitor, and no lights on KB.

Took out 1 stick of RAM, tried each stick separately in each slot, same.
Got a different stick of RAM, different slots, same... nothing.

Got a replacement motherboard from Amazon... SAME thing again. This time I breadboarded the thing before getting the case setup, and didn't even bother with the video card.

Checked PINS, seem ok. Cleared the CMOS with the jumpers. The only time I get any beep codes is when trying to boot with no ram. 3 beeps in that case, and still no video or anything.

Is it possible I have a bad ProcessorHuh It's brand new... and I don't have any other CPU's laying around to test. Any ideas or suggestions?

- Savage702 - 2012-01-03

So I tried to RMA the CPU with Intel, they told me I needed to get memory specifically clocked at 1066 vs 1333... even though my 1333 is backward compatible and even recommended for the mobo, they said the processors memory bus ran at 1066 and if it didn't like the memory, would cause the board not to POST. Of course, I couldn't find any in town, and had to wait for New Years to be over... but I have 1066 on the way. I'm hoping that resolves the issue.

I've also seen similar complaints on the reviews at Newegg for this mobo.

What other Mini ITX boards are recommended for this configuration... and/or... what boards should be avoided??

- svtfmook - 2012-01-03

eskro Wrote:Image
[CPU] Intel Celeron G530 Dual-Core 2.4GHz LGA1155 65W ($53 + $0)
[MOBO] ASRock H67M-ITX LGA-1155 UEFI SATA-III USB3 eSATA S/PDIF mITX ($87 + $0)
[GPU] ZOTAC GT210 512MB DDR3 64-bit Fanless Low Profile ($36 + $4)
[CASE+PSU] Apex MI-008 Black mITX 250W ($50 + $0)
[FAN] Scythe SY1225SL12L 120mm 800RPM 40.17CFM 10.70dBA ($14 + $0)
TOTAL: $244

This new build is now part of my HTPC Startup Guide!!

Smile
you can get an i3 2100 + motherboard at microcenter for the same price

but it's not itx

- Miguelbx - 2012-01-06

Doesn't this processor AS integrated GPU? why buing another graphic card?

- eskro - 2012-01-06

to avoid intel's 24p problem

- Savage702 - 2012-01-10

Savage702 Wrote:So I tried to RMA the CPU with Intel, they told me I needed to get memory specifically clocked at 1066 vs 1333... even though my 1333 is backward compatible and even recommended for the mobo, they said the processors memory bus ran at 1066 and if it didn't like the memory, would cause the board not to POST. Of course, I couldn't find any in town, and had to wait for New Years to be over... but I have 1066 on the way. I'm hoping that resolves the issue.

So the Kingston DDR3 1066 ValueRAM got the system to POST right away. It didn't like my Corsair or AData DDR3 1333 with the Celeron G530!

I'm very happy with how this runs so far. I don't stay bleeding edge, I usually build a system and use it for years with little to no upgrades, so to say this system feels crazy fast will probably draw a chuckle... but I think the 64GB SSD Drive I got really helps.

Thanks for all your effort on these guides Eskro! Not sure if this is personal experience, but others might want to make sure they get 1066 RAM too.