Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- steelman1991 - 2011-09-28

hentai23 Wrote:p.s: steelman im happy your so easy to please , me and other enthusiasts not so much thats what happens once you develop a certain eye for detail
LOL - no you guys call it 'Placebo'. To those of us of a different age its called 'The Emperor's New Clothes' syndrome.

- hentai23 - 2011-09-28

+1 for you steelman,lol xD

and sergiocos its actually sad to admit it but youre right movies arent what they used to be

but there is hope , for example ridley scott is bringing out a aliens prequel called prometheus , and that guy understands how to put ones blood and sweat into producing movies

i wish more producers would follow his example then we wouldnt be flooded with movies every month but would have a movie every 4 months or so ....BUT

pure quality !!!....thats the difference

and people wonder why noone´s going to the movie theaters anymore with all this crappy cg used , cause its all the same nowadays -.-', except for a couple of exceptions wich are scarce and few

but dont worry the game market nowadays is about turning out to be the same , if it wasnt for modding communitys i wouldnt be playing not one game that released in this generation, well except for a couple of exceptions here and there, like the darkness or breakdown both excellent storys

or gears of war 3 wich im enjoying atm xD, peace

- Malexx - 2011-09-28

CUVID works just fine with dsplayer at least here.Using XBMCSetup-20110902-64dbb08-dx.

- hentai23 - 2011-09-29

da hell i want cuvid for if the rest aint there -.-'

- macel - 2011-09-29

Malexx Wrote:CUVID works just fine with dsplayer at least here.Using XBMCSetup-20110902-64dbb08-dx.

You get hardware acceleration and it shows up in the stats overlay? Does the CUVID control panel work too? If I try to pull up the CUVID control panel in XBMC all the options on blanked out (LAV video/audio/splitter controls work as expected).

- alexrose1uk - 2011-09-30

Hmmm, in line with my previous mention of the fact some films now detect as 20fps rather than 23.976/24 which causes playback issues, I was playing around with the previous build of DSPlayer in portable mode for testing and I noticed something a little odd:

This build <Refresh rate auto adjust off> Specific films detect/play improperly as 20fps
This build <Refresh rate auto adjust on> Specific films detect/play improperly as 20fps
Last build <Refresh rate auto adjust off> Works fine, films run smoothly
Last build <Refresh rate auto adjust on> Films list as detecting 23.976 but still play poorly like with the newer build running them at 20FPS.

That's a bit of a wierd one! Something's obviously changed in the background or the same film should obviously work on both players identically if refresh rate is on/off.

More frustratingly, DVDPlayer works fine!

- ErlendSB - 2011-09-30

sergiocos Wrote:Several scripts/addons stopped working (like next-aired script or script.extrafanartdownloader). Something to do with latest json-rpc changes... I can live without them for now, but an updated build would be more than appreciated. Smile

If you are brave enough, you can try this one:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/584776/XBMCSetup-20110909-fac3da2-dx.exe

I tried to do a build myself, by forking 0wings repo and copying in json changes from the master branch. After a lot of mucking about, I managed to get a successful build. Consider this very experimental, so use at own risk. But I works for me and I can use the logo downloader script again. It broke the ipad constellation app though Sad I suspect they have to submit a new version to support the new json changes.

- sergiocos - 2011-09-30

works ok so far, however, there are several changes in skin engine, Aeon-Nox requires a build >30 sept. Fingers crossed for an update from 0wing if and when he will find the time. Thanks, guys!

- Malexx - 2011-09-30

macel Wrote:You get hardware acceleration and it shows up in the stats overlay? Does the CUVID control panel work too? If I try to pull up the CUVID control panel in XBMC all the options on blanked out (LAV video/audio/splitter controls work as expected).

Yes i get Hardware Acceleration and it shows up.
You cant make settings in Cuvid from within XBMC this wont work,start up MPC-HC or something and make settings like desired.But doesnt matter it works.
SEE HERE

Its playing a 30Mbps VC1 with about 10% GPU(Nvidia gtx470) and about 10% CPU(Q6600).
If i play this file with Ffdshow the CPU is not under 30% and even then i have stutter.

With Cuvid ALL is stutter free and the quality is superb.

- alexrose1uk - 2011-09-30

Just as small aside, the next version of LAV 0.36 is now out, and I'd recommend anyone using it updates; as it consolidates CUVID and LAV Video encoder into one entity.
The benefit to us is it means we can specify Lavvideo as the decoder for DSPlayer, and have LAV itself decide if it can apply CUDA/DXVA video accelleration or in the case of Hi10p, swap to software decoding, without being stuck with one or the other.

In my case I have a few encodes I've done which don't play nicely with CUVID (I get more frame drops...LAV Video might fluctuate by say .02 of an FPS but CUVID will drop by roughly a frame etc), probably because they're level 5 and perhaps don't stick to the recommended specs as closely as they could, so I'll stick with LAVVideo 100%, but for others with different situations, this is certainly a nice change Smile

In my case, it did drop CPU utilisation from approximately 12-15% with the 1080p test video down to about 4-5%, another video dropped to approximately 7% from about the same, so it's obviously working.

- 0wing - 2011-09-30

sergiocos Wrote:works ok so far, however, there are several changes in skin engine, Aeon-Nox requires a build >30 sept. Fingers crossed for an update from 0wing if and when he will find the time. Thanks, guys!

There's been a couple of changes to the video rendering in XBMC since the last merge and I'm having trouble getting DSPlayer to work/compile.

It might prove to be too difficult for me, but if it does I'll ask tiben if he has time to help.

- Malexx - 2011-10-02

would be great if you take care of that.
Thanks for your effort.

- fly89 - 2011-10-04

Hi, i was using dsplayer with ffdshow, well i have a question. I select RGB32 in ffdshow but in dsplayer render stats appers Mixer output: YUY2.
DSPLAYER can´t use RGB32?

- 0wing - 2011-10-04

fly89 Wrote:Hi, i was using dsplayer with ffdshow, well i have a question. I select RGB32 in ffdshow but in dsplayer render stats appers Mixer output: YUY2.
DSPLAYER can´t use RGB32?

I don't know, sorry.

- alexrose1uk - 2011-10-06

Damn, DSplayer'd be almost perfect for me if it wasn't for the crashes I get with some files; unfortunately it does seem to be in the sub engine; the subs stop first of all, and then on the next user command to XBMC, the player freezes up. When you use CTRL ALT DEL, you notice the player is using about 25% CPU constantly; as though something's got stuck in an infinite loop.

It's probably a really simple fix but without having the ability to update/replace the libsubs.dll, I'm absolutely stuck, so frigging frustrating, even the debug log doesn't really give much of a hint as to the cause; tested with a file of my brothers earlier he'd mentioned had crashed it.

http://pastebin.com/9EFkaZsM

Really wish DSPlayer development hadn't died when it did, as it was so frustratingly close to done. Sad
As it stands, I may end up having to shift away to MediaPortal/another solution, just because right now, I can't do everything in DVDPlayer, and the crashes of DSPlayer are getting discouraging even though overall I love the project.