Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- liquidskin76 - 2011-12-02

tocinillo Wrote:DSPlayer plays 3840x1080 Fullsbs files? Because statistics show that DXVA is not running...It is normal?

Thanks and regards!

Hey tocinillo,

I've got it playing full SBS 3D files fine. Excellently actually. I'm using LAV filters all round.

Hardware decoding isn't used though. It uses LAV video with software decoding. Having said that, it never goes over 25% CPU usage on my Core i3.

Cheers

- deh2k7 - 2011-12-02

steelman1991 Wrote:Avoid the Realtek codecs like the plague, they add nothing to video card set-up (despite others claims) are poorly written, and provide nothing but issues when trying to get HD Audio in particular.

Stick to the propietary drivers and there shouldn't be any real problems.

Search is your friend - but here you go wasn't really that difficult to find

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=892595&highlight=lav#post892595

They aren't included - I don't think - in the initial download and have to be added to the filtersconfig. If you've got problems, paste a copy of your filtersconfig and mediasconfig here and we'll saee where the problems lie.

EDIT - apologies LAV filters are included in the latest download. Should purely be a matter of amending the mediasconfig to suit.

Steel - what codecs did you use in your setup? I haven't encountered any issues with realtek, but if you have a recommendation, I'm all ears.

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-02

deh2k7 Wrote:Steel - what codecs did you use in your setup? I haven't encountered any issues with realtek, but if you have a recommendation, I'm all ears.
The Realtek package (depsite its name) is in essence a generic driver package, similar to ATI's CCC. Hence why I have suggested using the propietary package which comes with whatever video card the user has in their set-up - likely to be fewer compatibility problems. Numerous issues have been attributed to them over the past few years.

The codecs you are using LAV Splitter, Audio and Video (which in answer to your question, is what I use) are the only things needed (as you have found - because you've got it working). The only others you might want to consider is ffdhsow if you want to 'tweak' SD playback.

Start 'tweaking' - be prepared for breakage Big Grin

- tocinillo - 2011-12-02

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey tocinillo,

I've got it playing full SBS 3D files fine. Excellently actually. I'm using LAV filters all round.

Hardware decoding isn't used though. It uses LAV video with software decoding. Having said that, it never goes over 25% CPU usage on my Core i3.

Cheers

Thanks liquid Smile

With Athlon 4850X2 its possible to play these files? Thanks again!

- acemt - 2011-12-02

deh2k7 Wrote:Nubian -

I use LAV filters with DSPlayer and I have DVD Video_TS folders, MPEGS, BR main movie files (single MT2S) and BRD folders as well. All play fine with my config in DSPlayer.

here is a sample of the relevant mediaconfig.xml for BRD folders, MT2S, and MPEG:
Code:
<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts|bdmv">
      <source filter="lavsource" />
      <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
      <video filter="lavvideo" />
      <audio filter="lavaudio" />
    </rule>

There's a post earlier in this thread that has all the filters config for the LAV filters. I directly cut and posted what was posted and it worked great for me.

Deh2k7,

This is intriging to me. I have dsplayer working with .mkv's and HD audio is great. I am using FFdshow. I would LOVE to make it work with Blu-ray disk rips and .iso files.

Should I just download the LAV filters and use them instead of FFdhsow? I am still a little fuzzy on the difference. Can I use both? Should I?

Thanks

Mark

- deh2k7 - 2011-12-02

acemt Wrote:Deh2k7,

This is intriging to me. I have dsplayer working with .mkv's and HD audio is great. I am using FFdshow. I would LOVE to make it work with Blu-ray disk rips and .iso files.

Should I just download the LAV filters and use them instead of FFdhsow? I am still a little fuzzy on the difference. Can I use both? Should I?

Thanks

Mark

I think LAV and ffdshow can co-exist. Somebody please correct this if I'm wrong. I have heard that Haali filters don't play nicely with others, but haven't heard that about ffdshow.

I don't have ffdshow currently installed, but my to tweak SD playback as Steel mentions above. Basically just download the current version of LAV - I installed both 64 and 32 bit, and you should be good to go. If you already have ffdshow working for HD, I would consider leaving things alone. Might also want create a restore point just in case ffdshow does something funky.

- acemt - 2011-12-02

deh2k7 Wrote:I think LAV and ffdshow can co-exist. Somebody please correct this if I'm wrong. I have heard that Haali filters don't play nicely with others, but haven't heard that about ffdshow.

I don't have ffdshow currently installed, but my to tweak SD playback as Steel mentions above. Basically just download the current version of LAV - I installed both 64 and 32 bit, and you should be good to go. If you already have ffdshow working for HD, I would consider leaving things alone. Might also want create a restore point just in case ffdshow does something funky.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I am a little leery of messing with things, as it took me a while to get everything working. However, I would really like to be able to play Blu-ray files structure and iso's without having to convert everything to .mkv

I'll ponder messing with it.

Cheers,

Mark

- deh2k7 - 2011-12-03

acemt Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I am a little leery of messing with things, as it took me a while to get everything working. However, I would really like to be able to play Blu-ray files structure and iso's without having to convert everything to .mkv

I'll ponder messing with it.

Cheers,

Mark

I can say with certainty that BDMV folders works well with LAV filters. Might want to check the LAV site to see if there's any coexistence issues with ffdshow (my gut tells me there isn't).

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-03

deh2k7 Wrote:I can say with certainty that BDMV folders works well with LAV filters. Might want to check the LAV site to see if there's any coexistence issues with ffdshow (my gut tells me there isn't).
deh2k7 - are you saying that you are successfully playing back BDMV folders using dsplayer - I currently rip all mine to mkv - didn't think dsplayer could playback native BR Rips (either in folder or ISO form - though I don't use them and am happy to stand corrected). or just that LAV is comfortable with that structure.

Both LAV and ffdshow should be able to co-exist, though I always feel that with codecs 'less is more'.

- deh2k7 - 2011-12-03

I'm saying it works well, but also well with DSPlayer. I verified with a BDMV folder structure, using Fast Five as a test. It's a seamless branched disk, and therefore you can't just take the largest mt2s file, which is what I usually do for my BRD rips.

Simply add 'bdmv' to your mediaconfig xml along with m2ts, mkv, etc and your LAV filters and you should be up and running. Try it out - it's a pretty non-invasive change.

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-03

Hmm that's interesting - agree there isn't any damage to be inflicted by adding bdmv to the mediasconfig - will certainly try it - thanks

- deh2k7 - 2011-12-05

Steel - did you have a chance to test? Also doublechecked with Pirates of the Caribbean 4, which is also seamlessly-branched. Works fine for me.

- deh2k7 - 2011-12-05

I have a different question, now. Is anyone using Aeon Nox with the build? There's a function when browsing movies to hit 'up' for a trailer. I cannot get trailers to play, even with the following added to my playercorefactory:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms" player="DVDPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Whenever I try to play a trailer nothing happens. Checking the logs reveals errors, but I'm not sure how to go about addressing the issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Code:
01:44:01 T:5116  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: rtmp://amazonimdb.fcod.llnwd.net/a2643/o25/s/theaters/MV5/BMT/MyM/TY3MV5BMTMyMTY3NzYzNF5BNl5BZmx2XkFtZTcwMzM1MzU0Ng4040?e=1322975035&h=775fbc7385a7b2ffab67955221bdf942
01:44:01 T:5116 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
01:44:01 T:4236  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
01:44:01 T:4236 WARNING: HandShake: client signature does not match!
01:44:01 T:4236   ERROR: Closing connection: NetStream.Failed
01:44:01 T:4236   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [rtmp://amazonimdb.fcod.llnwd.net/a2643/o25/s/theaters/MV5/BMT/MyM/TY3MV5BMTMyMTY3NzYzNF5BNl5BZmx2XkFtZTcwMzM1MzU0Ng4040?e=1322975035&h=775fbc7385a7b2ffab67955221bdf942]
01:44:01 T:4236  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
01:44:01 T:4236  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
01:44:01 T:5116   ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: rtmp://amazonimdb.fcod.llnwd.net/a2643/o25/s/theaters/MV5/BMT/MyM/TY3MV5BMTMyMTY3NzYzNF5BNl5BZmx2XkFtZTcwMzM1MzU0Ng4040?e=1322975035&h=775fbc7385a7b2ffab67955221bdf942
01:44:01 T:5116  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
01:44:01 T:5116 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
01:44:01 T:5116  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
01:44:01 T:5116  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-12-06

Does anyone know of a guide that could help me find the best settings for ffdshow audio decoder so that I can have the highest compatibility and the highest quality output?

- sergiocos - 2011-12-06

Does anyone found out why there's random glitches when stating a new video? (video speed-up/no sound or black screen/sound only etc). Stop then play again seems to work (most of the time) but I wonder if anyone found a solution (the issue is codec/filter independent, i have seen it reported earlier in the thread). Cheers!