Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-17

@jpsdr:
What kind of files are you testing with.
I`d like to trie them to.

- ashlar - 2011-12-17

Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade but... tiben, about that Paypal account of yours, for donations. I read so many demands in the past few days... there must be a way for people to contribute, make it worth it, send a sign of appreciation beyond written thanks. Smile

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-17

ashlar Wrote:Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade but... tiben, about that Paypal account of yours, for donations. I read so many demands in the past few days... there must be a way for people to contribute, make it worth it, send a sign of appreciation beyond written thanks. Smile
Here! Here! to that.

- Waven - 2011-12-17

@0wing and tiben:
Thanks for your great work!

I have one problem: When unsing lavsource as source filter the chapter seeking isn't working.
I can only skip the first chapter. Did some tests seems like UpdateChapters() in ChaptersManager.cpp does not work with lavsource. m_currentChapter is always 1.

- oldpainless - 2011-12-17

steelman1991 Wrote:Here! Here! to that.

+ 1

- jpsdr - 2011-12-17

@pettergulbra
You have all the links in the ticket i've opened here.
If for your the links still provide french page, you have to click on Télécharger ce fichier.
Somes files are on 2nd post reply, but a lot, and the most important are on the 30th (if i've counted properly) post reply.
You can also check from here, from post #209, the file linked is taken from one on the 30th post i've mentionned before, but it's the most interesting test file, because it allow to test a lot of things.
Somes are bigs, but can't be cutted without breaking them.

- gav1577 - 2011-12-17

oldpainless Wrote:+ 1

+ 1

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-17

@jpsdr
Thanks, I will download then and try. Have a nice weekend.

- azaze1 - 2011-12-17

every now and again I retry the DSplayer branch to see if it suddenly starts working for me and I must be one of the unlucky few.

I've *never* had a working DSPlayer, playing a movie does nothing. It's as though I've not clicked on play, the movie selection screen remains and I cannot arrow down etc until I click stop.

Logs have been posted a while back, and I have seen others complain of the same thing but despite suggestions etc, there is no resolution to the issue when all is said and done.

I've even uninstalled XBMC, removed the profile directory, and installed the latest DSplayer from this posting last night and without any tweaks... same thing. Doesn't matter the mediasconfig adjustments or anything, it just doesn't work Sad

- tiben20 - 2011-12-17

Waven Wrote:@0wing and tiben:
Thanks for your great work!

I have one problem: When unsing lavsource as source filter the chapter seeking isn't working.
I can only skip the first chapter. Did some tests seems like UpdateChapters() in ChaptersManager.cpp does not work with lavsource. m_currentChapter is always 1.
I think the bug is simple we request the chapters too early

- tiben20 - 2011-12-17

Some bug fixed and will be avaible in next version this include the chapters seeking bug and a bug with seeking with some mkv(subtitles were creating a deadlock).

- ZERO <ibis> - 2011-12-17

Yea still getting crashes with some subtitles. I will just need to not know what is exactly being said for now.

This is the file I am using: http://utw.me/2011/12/16/the-idolmster-%E2%80%93-24/

The subs will disappear when Haruka is on the train after singing with the kids toward the end of the EP. The subs will vanish and attempting to do anything while that is going on will crash the player. Sad

Also does anyone know what the deal is with the screensaver on the eaden builds is? If you use the slideshow one it does not always work which is a huge problem for those of us with plasma screens. Sometimes it will run and be fine other times such as for example lets say I play one song and let it end. The screen saver will start and run for a few min and then end for no reason. It will not restart unless I push a button. It will then start after the defined time has passed and run correctly.

- gav1577 - 2011-12-18

tiben20 Wrote:Some bug fixed and will be avaible in next version this include the chapters seeking bug and a bug with seeking with some mkv(subtitles were creating a deadlock).

Nice work tiben!

- yasan - 2011-12-18

how can i open embed Subtitle and bd iso subtitle

- azaze1 - 2011-12-18

I just thought I'd reinstall last night's build and try yet again... and low and behold... it suddenly all works!

The only thing I've done between last night and tonight is update the CCC drivers to 11.12. Now DSplayer works as advertised.

Next issue though is the EVR output levels. I'm getting black crush @ 0-255 and I cannot find where to configure that within DSPlayer. I need the 16-235 setting which is available when playing movies through MPC-HC.

NOTE within MPC-HC it's already set to 16-235 in EVR-CP, but when playing via DSPlayer, it's still 0-255.

EDIT: I see the dsplayer wiki has this documented. Will try now.