Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- michmetz - 2011-12-30

Hello Tiben,
thanks for your answer. I'hadn't had any difficulties to play viedeo+audio.m2ts
with the newest dsplayer.
The difficulties are only by onlymusic.m2ts. I have declared it as music extension, but it will not work.
Dsplayer worked fine with that files till December/january 2010/2011.
Try VLC, MPC-HC or XBMC DVDPlayer - they all open that file.
Steelman had tried it also - bat since 01/2011 no dsplayer played this music.m2ts files.
I had ripprd about 2 TB of DVD+Blurays thinking i have the best player with dsplayer - But what's now??
I think you have changed the code of dsplayer - making( in Pascal) a if... then... else .
Please don't let me alone with that problem. I know you have a lot of work, but i think it would be not much action to change the code, how to open files.
Thanks a lot
mike

- darknet - 2011-12-30

Sorry for the cross post from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106051&page=28

Hi alexrose1uk

I follow your guide from http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=910228&postcount=108
but can't get movie to play.

This is what I've done:

1. Uninstalled pre-eden beta without deleting my xbmc settings
2. then installed latest build with DSPlayer from http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/
3. I did #3-12 from your guide
4. The screen flicker like its trying to play but nothing happens
5. If I press C and select DVDplayer the movie play fine

I even installed MPC-HC and FFDShow but same results. My OS is Windows 7 x64. The guide look simple to follow but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any other suggestion to get this working? Thanks

Edited: Re-installed LAV x86 version instead x64 fixed the problem

- tiben20 - 2011-12-31

michmetz Wrote:Hello Tiben,
thanks for your answer. I'hadn't had any difficulties to play viedeo+audio.m2ts
with the newest dsplayer.
The difficulties are only by onlymusic.m2ts. I have declared it as music extension, but it will not work.
Dsplayer worked fine with that files till December/january 2010/2011.
Try VLC, MPC-HC or XBMC DVDPlayer - they all open that file.
Steelman had tried it also - bat since 01/2011 no dsplayer played this music.m2ts files.
I had ripprd about 2 TB of DVD+Blurays thinking i have the best player with dsplayer - But what's now??
I think you have changed the code of dsplayer - making( in Pascal) a if... then... else .
Please don't let me alone with that problem. I know you have a lot of work, but i think it would be not much action to change the code, how to open files.
Thanks a lot
mike
Without testing it i know the problem is dsplayer is not working without using a video output. Because the opening process verify that the audio renderer and video renderer which was added at the start of the process have their input connected
darknet Wrote:Sorry for the cross post from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106051&page=28

Hi alexrose1uk

I follow your guide from http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=910228&postcount=108
but can't get movie to play.

This is what I've done:

1. Uninstalled pre-eden beta without deleting my xbmc settings
2. then installed latest build with DSPlayer from http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/
3. I did #3-12 from your guide
4. The screen flicker like its trying to play but nothing happens
5. If I press C and select DVDplayer the movie play fine

I even installed MPC-HC and FFDShow but same results. My OS is Windows 7 x64. The guide look simple to follow but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any other suggestion to get this working? Thanks

Edited: Re-installed LAV x86 version instead x64 fixed the problem
if your under windows 7 x64 you need to copy a dll to syswow64 and register but i don't remember what is the file you need to register.
It always happen when using x64 filters are used in a directshow graph created by a 32 bit application.

- michmetz - 2011-12-31

Hi Tiben,
thanks for your answer. But i don't understand why you changed the process of opening files. I could play that audiofiles till december,January 2010/2011 with
dsplayer perfectly.
All other players can open that files and play it, but the gui of p.e.VLC or MPC-HC is not so nice in a livingroom on a big flatscreen tv - so i don't want to
use it.
Even XBMC DVDPlayer open that files but plays only DTS Core not DTS-HD -
but he opens the files.
New Audio Engine opens that files with DVDPLayer, playing DTS-HD but with a lot of Drop-Outs.
So my wish for the new year is : could you please make the opening process of files like it was in dsplayer in the beginning of the year?
Many thanks for your understanding
Mike

- 0wing - 2011-12-31

I don't think tiben has changed anything to cause this behavior, it's probably something that has changed in XBMC that affects DSPlayer or something gone wrong in the merge that causes this problem.

Here's a link to a really old build from August, before tiben came back: http://depositfiles.com/files/phxc7ef2u.
Try it and see. DXVA2 with DVDPlayer doesn't work in that build though, tiben fixed that later.

- tiben20 - 2011-12-31

i looked at the subtitles placement and i'm only able to align them like in mpc-hc. In xbmc you can only set the y position from the gui. And i didn't find a relation between those 2.
Just want to know if you guys wan't the one from xbmc or the one from mpc-hc. Of course the mpc-hc one won't be in the gui settings its going to be something like an advanced settings.

- michmetz - 2011-12-31

Tiben wrote: Without testing it i know the problem is dsplayer is not working without using a video output. Because the opening process verify that the audio renderer and video renderer which was added at the start of the process have their input connected.

Cause dsplayer played that files perfectly till beginning 2011 - there must be a change,cause dsplayer played it without using a video output - like all other players.

That limitation does not make sense, cause a media player should play the content of a file - equal what file it is.

So if you take a cd and put it into a container with chapters you have a cd on your computer you can play with all players in functinality like the cd itself.
That makes sense - and i did that with all music-hd files, i have.
over 2TB of files.
Thats why i need that function in dsplayer,which got changed - and maybe others too.
with alot of respect for tibens workBig Grin
Mike

To Owing - thanks for your try to help, but the last dsplayer which worked in that way was from the beginning of 2011.That Version in the beginning 2011
was a very buggy xbmc version without visualation(milkdrop was broken down etc etc)All other versions following didn't work anymore. Then Tiben was gone for a long time and i didn't know if he will come back.So I waited and waited to put my question in here.I hope that he will find a way to help.
Thanks Mike

- gav1577 - 2011-12-31

tiben20 Wrote:i looked at the subtitles placement and i'm only able to align them like in mpc-hc. In xbmc you can only set the y position from the gui. And i didn't find a relation between those 2.
Just want to know if you guys wan't the one from xbmc or the one from mpc-hc. Of course the mpc-hc one won't be in the gui settings its going to be something like an advanced settings.

Personally i would prefer the mpc hc one it would be alot more customizable.
this is how i have mine setup at the moment http://imageshack.us/f/14/subsa.png/

- 0wing - 2011-12-31

michmetz Wrote:To Owing - thanks for your try to help, but the last dsplayer which worked in that way was from the beginning of 2011.That Version in the beginning 2011
was a very buggy xbmc version without visualation(milkdrop was broken down etc etc)All other versions following didn't work anymore. Then Tiben was gone for a long time and i didn't know if he will come back.So I waited and waited to put my question in here.I hope that he will find a way to help.
Thanks Mike

Nothing was changed in the DSPlayer code after late January this year until tiben came back in September.

And looking at the log of the changes made in January, they couldn't have affected this.
So if you were using a build from January and it worked with your files, that leaves two possibilities:

1. It was broken in the merge of DSPlayer into newer XBMC code by me back in August.

2. It has been broken by tiben's updates since. I don't really see any commit that could cause this though, but I'm no dev.

- dsync89 - 2011-12-31

Several things to note:

1. Trailer doesn't played in windows even when the playing in window is chosen (tested in both Aeon Nox and Cirrus extended v2)

2. When exiting from PseudoTV, the movie/show will changed but still played. Successively pressing x or Esc yields no result but playing the next movie/show. Need to exit XBMC in order to terminate the instance.

- michmetz - 2011-12-31

To Owing: thanks for your thoughts about that problem, but Tiben wrote:
"Tiben wrote: Without testing it i know the problem is dsplayer is not working without using a video output. Because the opening process verify that the audio renderer and video renderer which was added at the start of the process have their input connected."
That means - dsplayer played that files like a directshow player has to do until
January 2011 - then the code must have been changed cause the files don't open anymore(see explanation from Tiben)
That means i think your merge was ok.
I think that there is no nessacary to verify if video or audio exists - the player should play that parts of a container which exist.So do all other mediaplayers.
If VLC or MPCHC or PowerDVD would be a little bit easier in handling with remote and a little bit nicer in the GUI, i would have no problem,but on a 52"
Flatscreen they are to poor.
So i hope that Tiben changes the code again.
With best wishes for the new year to all and to you Owing
and with a great respect for tibens work
Mike
Big Grin

- 0wing - 2011-12-31

And tiben must have added that for a reason. It's not something that's simply going to be reversed.

Edit: I had some time on my hands so I checked out and compiled the DSPlayer branch from 2010/09/08, it didn't work back then either.

- deh2k7 - 2011-12-31

I have a strange one - not sure if anyone else has seen this. I tried playing several MT2S files that are VC-1 encoded (planet earth, Life, Galapagos), and could not get them to play. I received an on-screen msg stating there was a problem with the audio renderer.

I'm using the 11/21 build with LAV 0.40 filters, and these are the first files that I have encountered ANY problems playing. All of the rest of my MT2S files work perfectly. These files were backed up directly from BRD with no alterations to the files. The only thing that I can see is that perhaps it's due to VC-1 encoding vs. H.264.

Here is a sample of the log error message:

Code:
21:59:02 T:2784 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 12
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "Default DirectSound Device" to the graph
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Source" to the graph
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Successfully loaded file in the splitter/source
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Audio stream found : A: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Subtitle stream found : S: pgs
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Subtitle stream found : S: Forced Subtitles (auto)
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Video" to the graph
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Audio" to the graph
21:59:14 T:4284   ERROR: CFGManager::RecoverFromGraphError Audio / Video error
                                             Error in the audio rendering chain.
                                             Ensure that the audio/video stream is supported by your selected decoder and ensure that the decoder is properly configured.
21:59:14 T:2784   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [smb://MEDIASERVER/Videos/TV/Galapagos/Season 01/Galapagos S01E03.m2ts]
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "LAV Video" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "XBMC Null Renderer" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Xbmc EVR" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Default DirectSound Device" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "XBMC Subtitles Pass Thru" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "LAV Audio" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "LAV Source" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::~CDSPlayer DSPlayer is now closed

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-31

deh2k7 Wrote:I have a strange one - not sure if anyone else has seen this. I tried playing several MT2S files that are VC-1 encoded (planet earth, Life, Galapagos), and could not get them to play. I received an on-screen msg stating there was a problem with the audio renderer.

I'm using the 11/21 build with LAV 0.40 filters, and these are the first files that I have encountered ANY problems playing. All of the rest of my MT2S files work perfectly. These files were backed up directly from BRD with no alterations to the files. The only thing that I can see is that perhaps it's due to VC-1 encoding vs. H.264.

Here is a sample of the log error message:

Code:
21:59:02 T:2784 WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 12
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
21:59:13 T:4284  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "Default DirectSound Device" to the graph
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Source" to the graph
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Successfully loaded file in the splitter/source
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Audio stream found : A: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Subtitle stream found : S: pgs
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Subtitle stream found : S: Forced Subtitles (auto)
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Video" to the graph
21:59:14 T:4284  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Audio" to the graph
21:59:14 T:4284   ERROR: CFGManager::RecoverFromGraphError Audio / Video error
                                             Error in the audio rendering chain.
                                             Ensure that the audio/video stream is supported by your selected decoder and ensure that the decoder is properly configured.
21:59:14 T:2784   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [smb://MEDIASERVER/Videos/TV/Galapagos/Season 01/Galapagos S01E03.m2ts]
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "LAV Video" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "XBMC Null Renderer" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Xbmc EVR" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Default DirectSound Device" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "XBMC Subtitles Pass Thru" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "LAV Audio" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "LAV Source" from the graph
21:59:14 T:2784  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::~CDSPlayer DSPlayer is now closed
Check that vc-1 decoding is checked in the LAV Video filters/format configuration.

- a11599 - 2011-12-31

Maybe the files are interlaced? ffmpeg has issues with interlaced VC-1 (cannot decode). Since LAV is based on ffmpeg I believe it also cannot decode interlaced VC-1.