Kodi Community Forum
HDMI Mirroring On Ipad 2 with XBMC ? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: HDMI Mirroring On Ipad 2 with XBMC ? (/showthread.php?tid=106664)

Pages: 1 2

HDMI Mirroring On Ipad 2 with XBMC ? - digzz - 2011-07-31

Does anybody know how to get the Fullscreen with HDMI Mirroring on the Ipad 2
?

All I seem to get is a Half Screen. Huh

- Ned Scott - 2011-07-31

XBMC doesn't use the the video out APIs yet, so it just does generic video mirroring of the screen for now. I don't know if there is a way to adjust the picture using the built-in mirroring abilities, but DisplayOut and TVout 2 on Cydia both let you adjust the overscan settings.

- digzz - 2011-07-31

Ned Scott Wrote:XBMC doesn't use the the video out APIs yet, so it just does generic video mirroring of the screen for now. I don't know if there is a way to adjust the picture using the built-in mirroring abilities, but DisplayOut and TVout 2 on Cydia both let you adjust the overscan settings.

I was thinking that maybe The app "DisplayOut" Could do this. Does anybody Know if This app from Cydia can display Full screen with XBMC ?

- Ned Scott - 2011-07-31

digzz Wrote:I was thinking that maybe The app "DisplayOut" Could do this. Does anybody Know if This app from Cydia can display Full screen with XBMC ?

It will fill the tv screen but it will not do 720/1080. 720/1080 will have to be added from within XBMC by the devs.

- digzz - 2011-07-31

Ned Scott Wrote:It will fill the tv screen but it will not do 720/1080. 720/1080 will have to be added from within XBMC by the devs.

Thanks...Do u know if 720/1080 is in the works ?

RE: HDMI Mirroring On Ipad 2 with XBMC ? - lyds - 2012-06-15

only the the video out APIs can?

RE: HDMI Mirroring On Ipad 2 with XBMC ? - Memphiz - 2012-06-15

this thread is more then a year old ... tvout is added in the current nightlys and is working up to 1080p (iphone4s, ipad3 - all others 720p).

RE: HDMI Mirroring On Ipad 2 with XBMC ? - mobious - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-15, 20:43)Memphiz Wrote: this thread is more then a year old ... tvout is added in the current nightlys and is working up to 1080p (iphone4s, ipad3 - all others 720p).

Does that include the ability to transmit airplay from a jailbroken iPad 3 running XBMC to a non-jailbroken ATV3? Or is that still not a possibility?

RE: HDMI Mirroring On Ipad 2 with XBMC ? - Memphiz - 2012-06-18

Theoretically this should work. But i'm relying on user reports here because i don't have the needed hardware to test it. I thought i have seen at least one user who said this works, but i came across some others who didn't get it to work.

RE: HDMI Mirroring On Ipad 2 with XBMC ? - mobious - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-18, 09:15)Memphiz Wrote: Theoretically this should work. But i'm relying on user reports here because i don't have the needed hardware to test it. I thought i have seen at least one user who said this works, but i came across some others who didn't get it to work.

Alright well I will give it a go tonight then, i'll update to a nightly build and hope for the best. I can't seem to find the thread where people have been testing this so I guess I will just update my results here.

You might need to activate airplay mirroring before starting XBMC and the go into XBMC Settings and select Fullscreen #2 (IIRC otherweise the second screen is not detected/shown in xbmc).

RE: HDMI Mirroring On Ipad 2 with XBMC ? - digzz - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-18, 13:39)Memphiz Wrote: You might need to activate airplay mirroring before starting XBMC and the go into XBMC Settings and select Fullscreen #2 (IIRC otherweise the second screen is not detected/shown in xbmc).

Where is Fullscreen #2 in settings ?

RE: HDMI Mirroring On Ipad 2 with XBMC ? - phertiker - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-18, 13:52)digzz Wrote: Where is Fullscreen #2 in settings ?

Settings --> System --> Video Output --> Display Mode

Just hit the arrow until Full Screen #2 appears. It will take a few seconds, then fade out both screens and replace the iPad image with the touch control surface. The nightly xbmc-20120617-1821161-master-ios.deb appears to have an issue where it doesn't highlight the selected item, so browsing is guesswork. I haven't tried any of the others.

RE: HDMI Mirroring On Ipad 2 with XBMC ? - digzz - 2012-06-18

I can't see "Display Mode" or Full Screen #2

1. use confluence if you wanna use tvout (touched skin can't be controlled once its on the tvout).
2. Be sure that u use a current nightly build. TVOut is not available in Eden 11.0.