AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for XBMC (/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader (/showthread.php?tid=107388)
AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader - turok - 2011-08-10 09:42
AutoMovies is a project I've been working on that I think is (or will become) the ultimate solution in managing movie downloads. I wanted to come here to gauge the reaction from everyone and see what the interest is for an application like this.
Background / rationale:
CouchPotato is awesome (and kudos to Ruud for spending so much time/energy on it), but I've run into many issues managing my downloads that finally prompted me to work on my own implementation.
Current Features: (bold stuff is new)
Here's the first release (0.10):
Details here (make sure to read everything):
In the Pipeline:
I've gotta run for now, but I hope this sparked some interest and/or ideas. Please let me know what you think!
P.S. AutoMovies is fully-functional and ready for distribution, but I'd like to work with a small set of folks (privately) at first to work out the kinks.
- darknight670 - 2011-08-10 09:59
This seems quite cool I'd ne interested in testing it if it can run headless on Linux.
- steve1977 - 2011-08-10 10:50
Happy to help testing. Would run it off Win7x32.
A few feature requests (independent of testing):
* Work with providers others than IMDB for creating NFO, posters and fanart (TMDB, etc.); IMDB is blocked in China and those living there would need otherwise go through a proxy/VPN
* Support trailer download (automatic through IMDB/HD-trailer and also manual through youtube link; NOT automatic from youtube as it will be dependent on search match rather than ID)
* Do not download anything from CP queue (I would say that both work together and yours does not replace CP)
* Besides IMDB top-10 (in theaters), allow top-10 (per-week) or top-10 (per-day) views on TRAKT
* Other sources for top-X (e.g., all academy award winners, all Cannes winners)
* Outlook 2012 - something for music videos ;-)
* Technology: possible to somehow convert to python? I just love the "look&feel" / simplicity of CP, SB, headphones et al.
I am aware that this is a very long list, but you were asking for it ;-)
Thanks a lot. Sounds like really cool work!!!
- JRock - 2011-08-10 11:51
it would be nice to see torrent downloading, But thanks for your hard work and dedication to xbmc
- gobbledigook - 2011-08-10 12:25
the manage function is the most exciting for me i think its the only feature missing from CP... would be happy to test!
- handsomepete - 2011-08-10 12:30
Another headless linux tester here if needed.
I could never get CP to work exactly they way I wanted and this seems to be a perfect replacement.
- krish_2k4 - 2011-08-10 12:51
i for one think its great that there is a bit of competition, it can only be good for the end user.
i look forward to testing this out.
there was an idea i read were you can select an actor/actress and all their movies would be downloaded.
say you like "Pirates of the Caribbean" and you want to watch all or just the top 10 most popular (votes or ratings option from IMDB) Johnny Depp movies, would be sweet if you could just have an option that would put those movies on a list/wanted.
- Thespirit - 2011-08-10 13:07
Currently running Couch Potato, Sickbeard and SAb, would love to help test this out, way too much spare time i think
- carcraze - 2011-08-10 13:45
Looks interesting I would like to check it out. The screen shots look good.
Any way to add 3D movies search with a sbs or full iso option maybe in the quality settings and a way to add special post processing settings like if it is a 3d iso then you can add *.3d.iso to the naming or if it is a BD iso so that external players can detect the bluray iso?
- Mar2zz - 2011-08-10 13:47
Competition is great. Better is to join forces.