Kodi Community Forum
AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader (/showthread.php?tid=107388)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- Mar2zz - 2011-08-10

steve1977 Wrote:I don't see the competition, neither the need to join forces. One basically works like a wish list (CP), which will primarily allow me to keep movies on a "wanted" list. I use this primarily for "older" movies.

The new one is primarily a movie database, which keeps track of all my movies in XBMC and allow "quality upgrades".

Both are equally suited to have a function to add "latest movies" based on IMDB, which is the area with the biggest overlap.

For CP to upgrade itself to a database system is a huge and massive change to how it currently is designed. I believe that Ruud will almost need to start from scratch. I would go as far that it may be easier to start off the SB to accomplish that given it has more in common. I always hoped that SB would go into movies, but there is no interest at this point of time.

Thought it has the same goal. CP also has an upgrade function quality-wise.
Would be great to see CP and this one in one application imho.

- gugahoi - 2011-08-10

I'm happy to test it out too. Would prefer to install on linux but Mac is also an option if it's only for testing for the moment.

Would love to test! - bsoriano - 2011-08-10

I would be testing under Windows 7 64-bit. Subtitle downloading, as well as trailer downloading would be really great additions in my opinion. Please let me know when could I start testing! Thank you very much for what promises to be a very great addition to our HTPC arsenals.

Regards,

Bart

- Avigrace - 2011-08-10

Would like to test this out, Windows 7-64bit. I have been a couchpotato user for a long while and have a few ideas how the concept could be improved. What you have so far looks very good!

- bnevets27 - 2011-08-10

splnuts Wrote:as long as I can run it on UnRaid then I cant wait to try it.

Me too.

Can AutoMovies rename files to the following structure during post-processing?

Code:
\<thename> (<year>)\<original folder name>.<ext>

Example:

Original format:
\Groundhog Day 1993 PROPER DVDRip XviD EXiLE\exile-gd-xvid.avi

End result:
SD Movies\Groundhog Day (1993)\Groundhog Day 1993 PROPER DVDRip XviD EXiLE.avi

- bramblepants - 2011-08-10

I'm running Win7 32-bit and would be up for testing this out. Currently using SB and CP, but have been running into issues with CP lately, where it downloads the correct movies, but then renames them completely wrong and, as a result, creates incorrect nfos and fanart etc.

My wishlist would be:

* A database that tracked the nzb > download > rename > nfo & image download > move to folder
* Downloading of additional ExtraThumbs
* Auto download of trailers from Apple, Yahoo, HD Trailers
* Subtitles for foreign movies (or any for that matter)
* A mobile app which you can access AutoMovies from, "on" or "offline" - eg, if your HTPC/Usenet downloading machine is off, the app would store the movie request until the HTPC is switched on, then begin downloading
* The option to press a button while watching a trailer in AMT, Yahoo etc in XBMC and the movie to be added to the watched queue (already suggested for CP)

Erm, I think that's about it?! Big Grin

- mahockey - 2011-08-10

If your looking to test it on the lowest common denominator then im your man

I have only recently (48hrs ago) starting using XBMC on my newly purchased jaibroken ATV2 .

So if your looking for an inexperienced noob to test your new app for ease of use the Im your virgin slut .

Or I maybe too high maintenance for you , and you wouldn't wanna hold my hand trough the stages , but im never demanding .

Laugh

- krish_2k4 - 2011-08-10

scrape itunes for their movie posters? would that be possible? their posters are hi-res and really good quality.
i can do this manually but having it automated would be great.

- Robotica - 2011-08-10

steve1977 Wrote:I don't see the competition, neither the need to join forces. One basically works like a wish list (CP), which will primarily allow me to keep movies on a "wanted" list. I use this primarily for "older" movies.

The new one is primarily a movie database, which keeps track of all my movies in XBMC and allow "quality upgrades".

Both are equally suited to have a function to add "latest movies" based on IMDB, which is the area with the biggest overlap.

For CP to upgrade itself to a database system is a huge and massive change to how it currently is designed. I believe that Ruud will almost need to start from scratch. I would go as far that it may be easier to start off the SB to accomplish that given it has more in common. I always hoped that SB would go into movies, but there is no interest at this point of time.

Joining forces is always better but those programs use such a different technology stack. Python vs. JAVA.

It would make more sense for couchpotato, headphones and sickbeard to join forces to make that a great Free Software experience.

- krish_2k4 - 2011-08-10

i doubt very much they will be joining forces as such, why would they?

but i can see some sort of calibration, such as a central free nzb service like "sickbeard index" which would be supported by all 3 creators plus AutoMovies.

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-08-10

turok Wrote:Current Features:
  • Generates *full* NFO file (along with video/audio data), as well as posters and fanart
Gimme gimme gimme!

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-08-10

krish_2k4 Wrote:say you like "Pirates of the Caribbean" and you want to watch all or just the top 10 most popular (votes or ratings option from IMDB) Johnny Depp movies, would be sweet if you could just have an option that would put those movies on a list/wanted.
Now that would be cool.

I will help beta test if needed - jetskijoe - 2011-08-10

Let me know if you need some help beta testing I am up for it.

- dhead - 2011-08-10

No go for me without torrents support.

- turok - 2011-08-11

Awesome - glad there's some interest here!

Instead of responding to each comment individually, I'll give my thoughts on some of the bigger items that I've seen mentioned:
  • Trailer and subtitle support
    Absolutely. I don't have experience working with these and was hoping to tap into some expertise here, just on the best practices for obtaining these. I'm sure they are very simple to pull.
  • Torrent support
    I actually had a fully-functional 'first draft' of this application that solely downloaded from private torrent sites, interfacing heavily with uTorrent's API. After I made the switch to usenet, though, I haven't looked back (at torrents). Unfortunately, in my experience, torrents just aren't as reliable as usenet for correctly identifying releases. With that said, providing torrent support would be easy -- after all, torrent sites are just another search provider (with a different 'match type') and the post-processing would be the same. I just left this out initially because I don't personally need it.
  • Cross-platform support
    Absolutely. Currently, I'm testing on a windows box and have a couple windows-specific commands for calling MEncoder and MediaInfo (planning to package these with AutoMovies), but it shouldn't be hard to get this ready for a cross-platform release.
  • Multiple movie adders
    This is definitely in the pipes. I want everyone to have complete control over *how* movies get added to your queue. There's actually a REST API that can be used if you have your own method of scanning for movies (just tell it which IMDB ID to add). I'm thinking of an interface that has 1) default movie adders, and 2) user-contributed movie adders so that folks can pick and choose which ones they want to use. The only issue I see with "get the top-10 movies with Johnny Depp" is that we either need to scrape IMDB for these movies (if they even have it available) or each user would have to host their own database (based on IMDB's text files -- and I don't even think these are free) to perform queries like this.
  • Multiple scrapers
    Awesome - the more the better, I say. We'd want to accommodate as large a user base as possible, and I think these are trivial to add.
  • Renaming formats
    Someone mentioned a particular format for renaming -- yes, that's possible right now. Also, it's easy to add variables to the renaming scheme if we are missing any. I used to have a 'conditional' renamer that allowed you to say "if variable X is <blah> or <blah>, use this renaming string. Otherwise, use this other rename string." This was for putting all CAM/TS/R5/SCR stuff in one folder, and all DVD/BR stuff in another folder. However, I've changed my ways to just include the quality at the end of my movie folder name (because it's easier to manage this way, and XBMC can set up queries to filter on folders that contain [R5]). So we can easily get more advanced in our renaming scheme -- the question is: do we need to? I guess time will tell.
  • Joining up with CP
    I have to be honest, I've never even spoken with RuudBurger about any of this. Like another member said, it would likely be tons of work for CP to re-architect into something similar, and I'm the type of guy that likes to get things done, so I just hammered away on this in my spare time for a couple weeks -- not a lot of effort since I had built a previous application for torrent downloading. Anyway, I would love to join up and create something awesome together, but I have to say that I think I've built a solid foundation on which to (easily) add future enhancements and I wouldn't expect anyone to ditch their own project and join up with something completely new.
  • Testing
    I have a couple things I want to do before we start testing, so give me until this weekend. Thanks to all the volunteers -- I'll be sending probably 3 to 5 PMs this weekend with testing details.

Please let me know if you have additional questions/concerns/requests. I'm still hoping for some fresh ideas that would make this a killer app -- don't be shy, I like solving problems! Big Grin

-t