Kodi Community Forum
Silverstone SG05 Case - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Silverstone SG05 Case (/showthread.php?tid=107453)

Pages: 1 2

Silverstone SG05 Case - citris.87 - 2011-08-11

Hi Guys, long time XBMC User (Love the program, nothing better!) First time poster.

Just wondering if anyone has used this case - Silverstone SG05 Black Cube - I am thinking of getting one and want to know if its possible to put a fan on the top grill, 120mm would be best. I'm trying to make a quiet case using the AT5IONT-I-DELUXE Motherboard, and I want to mount some very slow rpm fans, so its quiet, but I would like one right above the Heat-sink. If anyone has the case, and has either done this, or can measure it for me, it would be a great help.

Any help is appreciated
Thank You
Citris

- eskro - 2011-08-11

dont know but a friend of mine had that case
and he liked it very much!

dont think u'll need additional fans per se...

- citris.87 - 2011-08-11

Yeah, May not need it, But from one of the threads on this forum, I noticed that it can get to 90c when playing 1080 without a fan, and drops to about 60 with one. I'm gonna replace the front fan with a 800rpm so its gonna have a low airflow level. so I really wanna play it safe. Although I'm and AMD fan and I have had some issues with head in the past, so I'm always cautions with heat lol.

- Beer40oz - 2011-08-11

Hi... there not much room inside there. One fan in the front does the job well. I actually changed mine out to one that lights up green. I don't have it anymore.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93727

- citris.87 - 2011-08-11

That looks nice man. I did forget to mention something that is probably pretty important *facepalm* I will be removing the PSU, since the ASUS Board has a 90W built in... So theres still hope Huh

This is Actually what I'm getting:
ASUS AT5IONT-I-DELUXE
Kingston KVR1066D3S7/2G DDR3 SODIMM x2
16GB Kingston SSD S Drive (SS100S2/16G)
Sony BC5540H01 Internal Slim SATA Blu-Ray Reader
Silverstone SG05 Black Cube
Scythe 120mm SlipStream 800rpm Fan x2 (Hopefully)
AVS Gear GP-IR02BK Remote Control

And you know, some rubber ran mounts ext to make it nice and quiet.

From the pictures on Beer40oz's thread, it looks like it might fit, but I might need to make a few mods to the case to mount it. Let me know what you think about the build also.

- Beer40oz - 2011-08-12

Yes you may be able to fit them with a little patience.

- citris.87 - 2011-08-15

Thanx, Ordering everything tomorrow, everything is in stock and will probably arrive within the week.

- Beer40oz - 2011-08-15

citris.87 Wrote:Thanx, Ordering everything tomorrow, everything is in stock and will probably arrive within the week.

Awesome.... show us pics...Cool

Built - citris.87 - 2011-08-23

So its all built, cant even hear it in a silent room at night... temps seem to sit at about 40c idle, I haven't been able to test them under load yet.

No Pics as of yet, But I do have a few questions, and thought I'd post them hear rather then starting a new thread.

1 - I cant seem to find a solid walkthrough for enabling CPU and GPU Temp Readings. Do I Just add the following code to the advancedsettings.xml file and save it to the correct directory?

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <cputempcommand>sensors|sed -ne "s/CPU Temperature: \+[-+]\([0-9]\+\).*/\1 C/p"</cputempcommand>
    <gputempcommand>echo "$(nvidia-settings -tq gpuCoreTemp) C"</gputempcommand>
</advancedsettings>

Then i'm guessing you can see the temp when you goto *System - System Info*? Is there a way to have it showing while playing a movie? Again I saw some small threads on this, but no real outcome.

Also, Does anyone have any suggestions for the advancedsettings.xml file? Anything they think is good to add in?

Thanx again
Citirs.

- CpTHOOK - 2011-08-23

WOW.... I jus got this box for my custom rig and I'm loving it. It's very quiet but bulky and I had enough room for all components including an after market GPU.

Good Luck!!

- Beer40oz - 2011-08-23

It is a sweet box..... I miss mine .....

- citris.87 - 2011-08-23

It is a nice box, it is a bit bulky, but I like the look of it and it fits where I want it to. I did end up putting the fan above the Heatsink, but haven't found a way to actually attach it to the heatsink yet. I'm also still setting it up, so I haven't really tested it, but 1080p movies that wouldn't see the light of day on my ATV2, played fine... for about a min, then I stopped it cos I'd like to monitor the CPU temp before I start really using it haha.

- Beer40oz - 2011-08-23

citris.87 Wrote:It is a nice box, it is a bit bulky, but I like the look of it and it fits where I want it to. I did end up putting the fan above the Heatsink, but haven't found a way to actually attach it to the heatsink yet. I'm also still setting it up, so I haven't really tested it, but 1080p movies that wouldn't see the light of day on my ATV2, played fine... for about a min, then I stopped it cos I'd like to monitor the CPU temp before I start really using it haha.

You should be fine with the temps..... pics please.... or create a new thread on your build.

- CpTHOOK - 2011-08-25

Guys....

I'm loving this case more and more each day but...... The led HD indicator and power lights are sooooooooo brightCool. I will have to purchase sunglasses soon if I continue to place this HTPC where I currently have it! I was thinking of disableing the LED Lights but i dunno..

Also, my box did not come with a MOBO speaker how about you guys...??

- eskro - 2011-08-25

i did have speaker plug with my case,,,
they're for hearing POST codes, but also thermal alarms.
Those who are mad overclockers might appreciate that more.