Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] "Breeze" - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] "Breeze" (/showthread.php?tid=107504)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- defluo - 2011-11-25

Eddage Wrote:Slowly again, college work load has ramped up so don't have much time Sad

Eventually I will, I've been following the thread although haven't got anything implemented yet, probably won't be there for the alpha.

I don't see any problem with people making suggestions in my thread, as far as I'm concerned the "no end-user requests" relates to starting new threads. This skin is still in development so where else are they meant to ask me questions or suggest things that could be included?! If I hadn't already been following the 'on deck' stuff then I would've been very thankful that Tobby pointed me in its direction!

Is there an ETA on the alpha? Obviously I understand real life comes way before this so if you can't give an answer that's fine

- Tobby - 2011-11-25

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Well he has posted the exact same request in numerous other thread Wink
Nope, just one.

I do make requests on skins that I look forward to (this and Aerith). If there's anything wrong about that I will stop. Just say the word. Believe me tha author of the thread will only have to ask me once if my requests and questions bother him or her.

- Eddage - 2011-11-25

defluo Wrote:Is there an ETA on the alpha? Obviously I understand real life comes way before this so if you can't give an answer that's fine

Hopefully just before/after Christmas - I'll have time off college so should be able to get some done then.

If I don't make that then all my new college modules start at the end of Jan so maybe then as it wont be so hectic as it is now work wise!

- Tobby - 2011-11-28

Eddage Wrote:Hopefully just before/after Christmas
Great Big Grin

- Eddage - 2011-12-19

First post has been updated!

- Livin - 2011-12-19

Eddage,
The skin is looking very nice. The only thing I would mention is I think the Home Screen is pretty lack-luster and too much like a dozen other skins. I don't think it does the rest of the skin justice.

It would be cool to see something more unique. I mocked up (poorly) something I thought would be 100% with the theme, and I have not seen anything like it on other skins...

- Sabish - 2011-12-19

Eddage Wrote:First post has been updated!

Looks more and more awesome Eddage, can't wait to try it out ! Any ETA on the Alpha ?

- FREAKJAM - 2011-12-20

Been keeping my eye on this project since the beginning. Nice update on the first post. This skin will be instantly my new skin, without a doubt.

Keep up the great job.

- PANiCnz - 2011-12-21

Livin Wrote:Eddage,
The skin is looking very nice. The only thing I would mention is I think the Home Screen is pretty lack-luster and too much like a dozen other skins. I don't think it does the rest of the skin justice.

It would be cool to see something more unique. I mocked up (poorly) something I thought would be 100% with the theme, and I have not seen anything like it on other skins...
For the love of all things good please don't ruin another skin with clutter on the home page, the picture on page one look spot on.

- dagatech - 2011-12-21

PANiCnz Wrote:For the love of all things good please don't ruin another skin with clutter on the home page, the picture on page one look spot on.

I'm inclined to agree. I keep seeing skins that look great at the start, then more stuff gets added and they just get too busy and complicated. Nothing wrong with minimalism, people! Big Grin

- Eddage - 2011-12-21

Livin Wrote:Eddage,

PANiCnz Wrote:For the love of all things good please don't ruin another skin with clutter on the home page, the picture on page one look spot on.

I am probably going to do another home screen (a vertical one) but the current one will be left in as an option - there may be a few little changes but nothing major.

With regards to an alpha ETA, my temp job seems to be going on longer than I thought and I have two uni modules due in middle of January so it's probably going to be pushed back to the start of Febuary, sorry guys :p

- Eddage - 2011-12-22

Double post...

Here's a very quick mock-up of what I thought a vertical home screen would look like...

Any recently added or now playing stuff would probably be on the right and no doubt kept as a tab that is hidden until activated.

- Tobby - 2011-12-26

Looks good, but I prefer the horizontal one.

- Martijn - 2011-12-26

They both look good Smile

- noiz13 - 2011-12-27

when will it be ready?