Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- M@tze - 2011-11-22

mad-max Wrote:I got new strings.xml from Marcos with strings that were added in 1.0.1...these strings we hve never seen before...i will translate the new missing ones this evening and will upload a complete xml to avoid several versions with strings missing...

Sounds great, thank you for the work! Smile

Two questions regarding Aeon MQ 3 from my side, maybe they are not related to this specific skin:

- How can I scroll trough my movie list (I use the cineplex view) via remote control and jump from initial letter to initial letter?

- The biography of music artists are not displayed on the main screen during playback, altough I enabled this option in the settings and all artists are scraped / tagged properly. I use smartplaylists only to play music, can this be a problem?

- Parker_Payne - 2011-11-22

Parker_Payne Wrote:Short Question: Are on your side the DTS-HD/Dolby True-HD logos working? I don't see any of them in my movie database..

MQ2 showed them, MQ3 not. I hoped it would be fixed but seemed not.

Anyone else?

*Push* - No one an idea?

I am not sure whether its actually a bug so I did not post it as "bug report"... Nod

- Omegatron - 2011-11-22

Dear Marcos or anyone else that can help me out.

Ive been working on the cdart manager (getting it to work for a while now)

like this screenshot:

As far as i know i have done everything the right way with cdart manager. But i dont get it like this screenshot. The problem is the following, and i think its a skin issue.

problem:
for example i take the Adele -21 album. this is what i have in the folder:

1. I have a folder with extra fanart containing multiple images. When playing the album i get a backdrop from adele but only 1 backdrop when it should be showing me 4 different ones in a slideshow right?

How do i get it to slideshow the multiple backdrops?

2. Clearlogo. I do see the clearlogo when im browsing through the songs in the bottom right corner. but i dont get the clearlogo in the mainmenu.

Why not?

3. Artists thumbnails. I dont have any, meaning they are always blank. dont know 100% sure if this is skin related since in the folder i only have extra fanart and no other maps. though when i press tab and see visualisation i do see artist images. im confused. EDIT: atm it suddenly seems to work in main menu aswell.

Here is a screenshot of my settings:

Who can tell me what im doing wrong or...is it bugged and am i not the only one?

Also "show artist biograpy during audio viewing" i have it enabled but were can i find this info?

thank you all for the help!

- RavenNL - 2011-11-22

@Ajedi

Im also wondering how to get it like that, this addone (Cdart) is a pain to configure properly to work with the skin.

- Martijn - 2011-11-22

@ajedi
You don't have setup cd art manager correctly if you get your files like that. The manager is really really easy to use.
It should be:
Adele/Adele - 21/ (in here: cdart.png , folder.jpg)
Adele/Extrafanart/ ( here should be the image files)
Adele/logo.png
Adele/fanart.jpg
Adele/folder.jpg

- Omegatron - 2011-11-22

@ Machine-Sanctum

How do i change that exactly?

and with that are my problems solved?

- Siutsch - 2011-11-22

Hi Machine-Sanctum.

Thanks for the explanation. Smile

But like I asked here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1628 (and again on #1688)

What if I don't have organized my music files in a database?

I don't have extra folders with:
Artist/Artist - Album
Artist/Extrafanart
etc.

I only have /Full Album/Artist - Album or
/Full Album/Artist/Artist - Album (if there are more than one)

And in there: folder.jpg, cdart.png, logo.png, fanart.jpg, (and clearart.png the same as logo.png).
(BTW: What's the difference with logo.png and clearart.png?)

Do you perhaps know, if showing logo.png (and/or clearart.png) can be done with MQ3 without having the music organized in a database?

And if so, in which folder or subfolder I must have these files?

Thankz,
Siutsch.

- Lockos - 2011-11-22

Hi everyone !

In MQ3 I'm looking for the home screen item "Playlist" for music of currently playing songs (that was great and on the home screen of MQ2), but it seems to have disappeared. Am I right or am I missing something ?

Thanx for your help !

- Martijn - 2011-11-22

@ajedi
You have to set a path where cdart manager will download all it 's artwork to (and set the same path in MQ3). This hasn't got to be the path where your music is stored. It can be somewhere else. Next is that cdart manager will have to create a database containing your current albums that are in your xbmc library and then you can download them with the options provided. cdart manager will create its own folder structure and this is how skins will look for the artwork.

@Siutsch
Same goes for you. It doesn't matter if you have a different structure. Just set the artwork path somewhere else The only thing that does matter is correct ID3 tagging. That's the holly grail. Best is to use MusicBrainz tool for that. One thing is that the manager requires the music to be in your xbmc library. Don't know if MQ3 will work with having it in the library.

EDIT:
the rotating cd (cdart.png) must go in the album folder for example "adele - 21/cdart.png"

- Omegatron - 2011-11-22

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:@ajedi
You have to set a path where cdart manager will download all it 's artwork to (and set the same path in MQ3). This hasn't got to be the path where your music is stored. It can be somewhere else.

Hey Machine,

I have made a path in cdart manager but maybe here comes the problem. you say that i have to set the same path in MQ3. but where is that option. Like i showed on the screenshot of settings thats all i can enable.

Though there is a function in skin settings where i can set the path but thats only for "show album/artist logo in libary. this however does work. I can see the logo in the libary.

So my guess is somewhere in MQ3 settings i must add the same path aswell but i cant locate it.

another thing that i noticed is that in the main menu i can only see artist thumbnail AFTER i went fullscreen using "TAB" and then go back to main menu. Skin bug?

- Martijn - 2011-11-22

Ajedi Wrote:Hey Machine,

I have made a path in cdart manager but maybe here comes the problem. you say that i have to set the same path in MQ3. but where is that option. Like i showed on the screenshot of settings thats all i can enable.

Though there is a function in skin settings where i can set the path but thats only for "show album/artist logo in libary. this however does work. I can see the logo in the libary.

So my guess is somewhere in MQ3 settings i must add the same path aswell but i cant locate it.
That is the path from the the skin you show in the screenshot. So it works if it shows the logo

The rotating cd (cdart.png) must go in the album folder for example "adele - 21/cdart.png"

Quote:another thing that i noticed is that in the main menu i can only see artist thumbnail AFTER i went fullscreen using "TAB" and then go back to main menu. Skin bug?

No bug.. not yet supported i think

- spinecho - 2011-11-22

MarcosQui Wrote:No, the correct place is this:

HOW TO REPORT A BUG OR MAKE A REQUEST

Anyone who has a request or bug report use the button below - after click in new issue - and wait.

AEON MQ 3 - ISSUE

The old rule still applies to this case as well:

High priority - Donators or Bug/Requests involving several people.
Medium priority - Good ideas that could really bring new things into the skin.
Low priority - Requests for a single person.

But, no need open a issue to this, already fixed for next release.

Thanks Marcos!

- RavenNL - 2011-11-22

With the tips that Machine-Sanctum provided I am able to get more out of cdart like the previous date. I have noticed that CDart is very sensitive about the names, I usually left the release group name tag on the directory name, but after removing it is being picked up by CDart.

However I still dont get the slideshow working when it's a playing an album of an artist, I do have exrafan art of the specific artist visible in the library that changes after a few seconds.

Any tips?

- spinecho - 2011-11-22

Another stupid question!

In "Music" I cannot change the view; I'm stuck with "List"!!!!
Is there anyway to change the view as I prefer a showcase style!?

Thanks

- toineb - 2011-11-22

spinecho Wrote:Another stupid question!

In "Music" I cannot change the view; I'm stuck with "List"!!!!
Is there anyway to change the view as I prefer a showcase style!?

Thanks

Have you activated the other views ?