Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- RavenNL - 2011-12-23

MarcosQui Wrote:Dharma or Eden ?

Sorry forgot to say but under Dharma, i get that with all my movies and tv-shows.

- -EaS- - 2011-12-23

MarcosQui Wrote:Aeon MQ 3 - version 1.1.3 available

Changelog:

Fixed: Default wallpaper visible for a splitsecond. (issue 20)

And a Merry Christmas to all. Nod

Marcus, great fix! Works as it should now. Thank you!! And a Merry Christmas as well.

But something similar has replaced it, it seems. Please don't take this as whining Wink

What I notice is the following;

(I've 'recreated' the effects in Photoshop so its a bit easier to explain).

I want to go from screen 1 to screen 3 (which is one step in my case):

Normally one would see some nice fade-in fade-out like effects, going from screen 1 to screen 3. All very clean looking, no strange things seen.
But now I get some very strange 'afterglow' effects of some thumbnails going from 1 to 3. It sort of looks like the following:

So what I see going from 1 to 3 is:
Screen 1
Screen 2a
Screen 2b
Screen 3

All again in a split-second of course.

It looks like some misplaced fade-in/out replacement of thumbnails or something like that. Especially the episode thumbnail looks really out of place.
Hard to describe maybe, but looks very unclean once you notice it.

*Is someone experiencing the same thing?*

- gibxxi - 2011-12-24

Since upgrading to 1.1.3 fanart is now no longer displaying in the main menu for Music, Movies or TV shows. Is there anything in the "Artwork Organizer" add-on that needs changing for this to work again?

Accessing library via NFS btw, if that's at all relevant. Was working fine with 1.1.2.

- zombieagain - 2011-12-24

Hi,

I noticed that now the first flag on the bottom left corner in the showcase view is the MPAA rating, while until the update I had the video codec flag in that position. Is there a way to go back and have the video codec flag?

Thanks!

- m0v1em4n - 2011-12-24

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for all you great work

Happy Christmas to you and your family

- RavenNL - 2011-12-24

I'm sorry to say but I found 2 more bugs since 1.1.3 which wasn't there in 1.1.2, and these are bit more important features then the mediaflag i posted earlier.

1. Recently added doesn't add new movies / tv-shows anymore until I reboot my media pc (probably restarting xbmc will do the same).

2. When I open the trailer library and then close it and go to the tv-show library then I will see the trailer background but none of my tv-shows appear, when i press left to open the sidebar menu I do see the tv-shows but you are unable to select one then. When changing library I do get some back again, but most library views are stuck with the trailer background.

Any possibility to get back to 1.1.2 (at least that was working fine there) or a quick fix?

All under Dharma, win 7 btw

**edit**
Did some testing and tested eden beta + mq3 (clean install) and noticed it didn't had any problems regarding recently added, it was working how it should be and it was much faster refreshing recently added then dharma + mq3 1.1.2 was in the past. The trailer bug also appears here but seems to be affected which view you have turned on. List view doesn't seem to have any problems.

then i installed dharma + m3 (clean install) and noticed that i experience the same problem as I mentioned above. But by accident i found at the following when i press the \ key to display xbmc in window mode for a second and then go back to full screen I see that xbmc refreshed itself, meaning the new tv-show / movie has been added into recently added and also the bug with movie trailers is gone.

- fl0PPsy - 2011-12-25

Is there a trick to getting the "Video" main menu option to go straight to the FILES view like the old Aeon could?

I've just upgraded the Aeon 3 and I cant find the option for Video - Files view anywhere.

- johnny87au - 2011-12-25

Is there any benefit of being a donator ? Because u havent sent me any links to download ur Aeon mq3 skin mate..

- johnny87au - 2011-12-25

Also do you guys have any pictures so i can change the default , MUSIC, TV SHOWS and other options as i dont like the default pictures.. need some amazing pics.. Also noticed when i use multiplex view i think its called or SHOWCASE i need to add like 3 extra thumbnails, Anyone know how to add extra thumbnails? Thanks and sorry to be a pest XD

- bassic - 2011-12-25

I just installed the eden beta and mq3 1.1.3 on my apple tv and unfortunately it's not a good combination. It's great on my win7 htpc but on the apple the menu handling is not working correctly.

Essentially the currently selected item is not highlighted so it's quite difficult to tell where you are, in 'system' for example. On other menus the current item disappears (eg the left hand menu in tvshows). There's numerous instances of text overwriting itself. The previous release worked well but this is quite broken, unusable really so I've gone back to confluence on the apple. Sorry for the bad news. Blush

- soldave - 2011-12-25

Got this installed on pre-Eden after running Aeon MQ2 on my Dharma installation. Looks nice and clean but just having one problem with it. Hopefully someone can advise.

I decided to start off with a clean library so deleted all of my XBMC-related folders on my Windows 7 x64 computer. Repopulated the library and set up the main menu to show fanart for TV shows, movies and music. TV shows and movies show up fine in the main menu, but when I go to music in the main menu only 2 artist's fanart pics are displayed, out of hundreds of artists I have.

At first I thought that I needed to download them, but almost all artists have fanart pics when I'm scrolling through them in the library. Also, when I select a song and go back to the main menu, their fanart picture is displayed. But it's not displaying a rotating fanart picture of all artists like the TV shows and Movies selections do.

I hope you can see what my problem is. Here is a debug.log if it will help you. I'm sure it's something simple but I've not been able to nail it yet. Thanks in advance for any help.

http://pastebin.com/y8L7U9pg

- soldave - 2011-12-25

isamu.dragon Wrote:@MarcosQui
just took a look at the code for the shutdown timer and instead of this:
Located in 720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml
Code:
<item id="6"><!-- Shutdown Timer -->
    <label>31577</label>
    <icon>icon_button_shutdowntimer.png</icon>
    <onclick>AlarmClock(,Shutdown,)</onclick>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nobuttonshutdowntimer)</visible>
  </item>
You might want to change it to this
Code:
<item id="6"><!-- Shutdown Timer -->
    <label>31577</label>
    <icon>icon_button_shutdowntimer.png</icon>
    <onclick>AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,Shutdown)</onclick>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nobuttonshutdowntimer)</visible>
  </item>
That way the user can actually have a timer and not automatcally shutdown on them. (I had to set a keymap setting so I could use this function.)

I made sure this was in my code, but still whenever I click the timer button in the Shutdown submenu it shuts down automatically. Is there no way to get the timer setting to come up as it did before with Dharma/Aeon MQ2? Or do you just have to set it in the settings each time?

- Alz2605 - 2011-12-25

Marcos,

Thanks for your continued excellent work. I hope everybody is having a great Christmas.

I notice since the skins last update that I've lost the bluray/DVD and mpaa classification flags. Is there an option to turn these on or off and if so where can I find it?

Thanks again for a great skin.

- Livin - 2011-12-25

fl0PPsy Wrote:Is there a trick to getting the "Video" main menu option to go straight to the FILES view like the old Aeon could?

I've just upgraded the Aeon 3 and I cant find the option for Video - Files view anywhere.

I have this working...

Items on the home menu default to Library mode. You will need to add a custom menu item to do what you want.

Two options to add this:

1) Go into Settings and create a custom home menu item (it is a few levels in - I don't remember the exact path).

2) add these lines, modify for your specific need, to guisettings.xml under section <skinsettings> ...
Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq.3.customfavourite2_label">Kids</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq.3.customfavourite2_background">C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\background.png</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq.3.customfavourite2_name">Kids Videos</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq.3.CustomFavourite2_path">ActivateWindow(10024,&quot;smb://nas/Kids/&quot;,return)</setting>
... I think I found everything needed, the settings are not grouped together (guisettings.xml organization sucks). But at least you can put these settings anywhere between the tags <skinsettings> </skinsettings>

- fl0PPsy - 2011-12-26

Thanks Livin I'll give it a go Smile