Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- shadetree - 2012-01-10

leftywhat Wrote:I had the $VA icon showing, its to do with language.

This will get rid of it. Fix for $VA removal!!

Settings > Skin > Media Info > Turn off “Show Audio Language” (Stops $VA when “Show Media Tags is on)

That will fix your problem and it will show the video ratio instead like 1.85:1 etc Smile

(I have a word doc with settings I need to alter, Kiosk Mode on, turn off "Enable Main Menu placement with up/down arrows " etc etc Smile)

Thanks chap for sharing this!

Question, does your media cases display correctly...dvd black, blu-ray blue, etc...with the file extension names?

- schumi2004 - 2012-01-10

Anyone else experiencing strange issues with MQ3 1.2.0 skin?

Since a few days my menu sound is gone, when i switch to Confluence menu sound is back. Can't seem to get it working again in MQ3. Rebooting system which runs OpenELEC didn't help either.

- redglory - 2012-01-10

Hey,

I'm also experiencing that problem after playing some music or tv show/movie.

If i restart everything works as supposed!

Not a big problem for me...

Nevertheless, I take this opportunity to congrat Marcos Qui for his awesome skinning skills, despite some understanding bugs Smile

[in portuguese]Marcos, tens feito um excelente trabalho com as skins. Continua com este trabalho extraordinário! Abraço[/in portuguese]

- MarcosQui - 2012-01-10

shadetree Wrote:Question, does your media cases display correctly...dvd black, blu-ray blue, etc...with the file extension names?

And servers for '$VA' to:

I did some updates to the code based on a new function present in this Eden, two days before the official release date - it should be 12/29/2011 - like Eden was not released on the date promised (not my fault) then skin is buggy for those who still awaits the final Eden.

All of these problems exist only for those who still use version Dharma.

Reverter the code? Is hopeless, there have been many changes, if I go back a few strings behind, other errors will appear.

Many people are afraid of the word "beta", but for me the current Eden even being called Beta1 is better than the Dharma that was made one year ago, and the skin it works very well, I do not see "tons of bugs." !

- MarcosQui - 2012-01-10

chippie Wrote:Hi Marcos, as per the 2 issues raised on google code, please would it be possible to revert the skin back to how it used to work, ie. apply the cases and tags based on the filename and not the codec. This just makes more sense to me and leaves the cases/BluRay tags in our hands based upon the filename.

Thanks.

chippie, I'm correcting the error with the hdtv box (coming soon in version pre-1.2.1), but I found another problem;
Re-scraper the movie does not update the box, you must delete the movie and add the collection again. This only happens now with the Beta1, is not an error of skin, I reverted the code but the problem is the same.

I do not know if is XBMC bug or part of the new database.

- shadetree - 2012-01-10

MarcosQui Wrote:All of these problems exist only for those who still use version Dharma.

Reverter the code? Is hopeless, there have been many changes, if I go back a few strings behind, other errors will appear.

Many people are afraid of the word "beta", but for me the current Eden even being called Beta1 is better than the Dharma that was made one year ago, and the skin it works very well, I do not see "tons of bugs." !

OK, Good to know what is happening.

Yes I agree, to try to revert is a waist of time for us still at Dharma with the MQ3 dual version.

- scutzi128 - 2012-01-10

Thanks for the help guys. I will switch to eden when it is officially released.

- Omegatron - 2012-01-10

just for the ones using dharma still, im wondering. Why not update to eden beta 1?

- redglory - 2012-01-10

Ajedi Wrote:just for the ones using dharma still, im wondering. Why not update to eden beta 1?

Still waiting for Official OpenELEC Eden version Smile

- scutzi128 - 2012-01-10

Id rather just wait instead of having to upgrade 3 machines twice and dealing with any issues I find.

- MarcosQui - 2012-01-10

eskro Wrote:as you can see from the images,
when 'not' using the coverflow feature,
the Media Cases dont show up correctly...
how can i fix this? thanks!

Fixed in pre-1.2.1

- MarcosQui - 2012-01-10

eskro Wrote:..that being said, all i did was suggest him to concentrate on getting MQ3 right before moving on to another version.
i've always used MQ's skin even with the quirks and bugs it had/has...
thats why im simply suggesting again, that he gets the skin %100 right
as much as possible and then go on to another MQ official release.

Remember, I started the Aeon MQ 3 in February 2011, today I have new ideas, but it is impractical to include these ideas in existing skin because they are not compatible, it is much better to start from scratch again.

Some people do not know the work it takes to write a new skin, I need to start now so that we can have a skin ready in September / October this year.

10 months to write a new skin? Yes, all that.

I believe that every skinner work in their own way, for me a skin is done in four steps:

1 - have a good/new idea - notes and drafts.

2 - make this function work correctly - code base.
It may take several months to work.

3 - make it easy for the user to use - at this stage, often code needs to be redone, rethought the idea, then everything is repeated.

4 - all up and running, it's time for the graphics part.

5 - Now I send skin to Wanilton, for test everything.

Only after all is that I can publish an alpha version for the group of skin.

Then comes the second stage, adaptation, problem solving, and the suggestion of betatesters, maybe step 1 to 5 repeat itself again. Wink

- gargoyle67 - 2012-01-10

MarcosQui Wrote:Remember, I started the Aeon MQ 3 in February 2011, today I have new ideas, but it is impractical to include these ideas in existing skin because they are not compatible, it is much better to start from scratch again.

Some people do not know the work it takes to write a new skin, I need to start now so that we can have a skin ready in September / October this year.

10 months to write a new skin? Yes, all that.

I believe that every skinner work in their own way, for me a skin is done in four steps:

1 - have a good/new idea - notes and drafts.

2 - make this function work correctly - code base.
It may take several months to work.

3 - make it easy for the user to use - at this stage, often code needs to be redone, rethought the idea, then everything is repeated.

4 - all up and running, it's time for the graphics part.

5 - Now I send skin to Wanilton, for test everything.

Only after all is that I can publish an alpha version for the group of skin.

Then comes the second stage, adaptation, problem solving, and the suggestion of betatesters, maybe step 1 to 5 repeat itself again. Wink

Sounds fun Marcos Wink Can't wait to see what great new features you come up with Laugh

- eskro - 2012-01-10

right on macros! thx for replying Smile

- RavenNL - 2012-01-10

Is it possible to get the new addon 'The trailers' to work with the skin? It's basically Apple movie trailers Lite but since development was stopped Martijn took it up and is continuing this great addon.

It would be nice if we could use 'the trailers' instead with MQ3 so we can also have the ongoing development updates from it.

http://code.google.com/p/mod-skin/issues/detail?id=111