Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- Alael - 2011-08-20

MarcosQui Wrote:I bow before you.

My friend, you bow to no one. Wink http://youtu.be/URmQXIeVpN8

- htpc guy - 2011-08-20

I'm loving this skin. Upgraded to Pre-Eden just to check this out. (well, I upgraded my test machine). Anyway, my hat is off to you. You created a steller skin. Congrats on the new title as well.

I did find one small spelling mistake on the english version. I'll post a screenie.

- Alael - 2011-08-20

htpc guy Wrote:I did find one small spelling mistake on the english version. I'll post a screenie.

Oooops! My bad Sad
Actually, blame the iPad soft keyboard Wink

EDIT: HereĀ“s the fix:
<string id="31189">CLEAR OR COLD COLOR IMAGES FOR A SMOOTH VISUAL.</string>

- master345 - 2011-08-20

Marcos, is there a release date for the next update?

Just wondering, no rush 0.9 is a fantastic release!

- therrookiee - 2011-08-20

Alael Wrote:I believe SHELF was one the least voted viewtypes in the poll MQ created and, therefore, axed from MQ3 Shocked

thanks, its weird anyway, i liked shelf view.. Huh

- cupra - 2011-08-20

hi, im wonder, im coming from s.m skin and really like the trailers, its build-in on MQ3 skin ?

- Omegatron - 2011-08-20

Hi,

With all respect to marcos and everybody that helped him i must say im not at all pleased with the skin and how it works with xbmc eden

Maybe im doing something wrong, i hope so because then you guys can maybe help me out.

Im trying to get the skin to work like the screenshot with the taylor swift album playing. I installed the addons for it and let cdart manager scan my libary but nothing works. I get xbmc crashes so much that i have lost count.

If there is any kind of tutorial for dummies (i never considered myself as a dummy before) please let me know.

Though the skin is very very smooth i really considering going back to xbmc 10.1 and MQ 2. Because i rather have a stable running xbmc.

Am i the only one with the above experience?? If so i must be doing something wrong please help me if this is the case

- LakersFan - 2011-08-20

mindweaver Wrote:MarcosQui I want a clean main menu. So the first thing I do is to deactivate SETTINGS, ADD-ONS, SHUTDOWN and CONCERTS. This breaks the main menu animation.

Please have a look at it. It is hard to present a screenshot since it is mostly noticable when navigating right to left.

EDIT: I have narrowed it down. It is when deactivating SHUTDOWN from main menu when it breaks! But deactivate all the above to really see the issue.

I see the same thing. However with mine it doesn't appear to be related to specifically deactivating SHUTDOWN, rather the amount of menu options are present. The less menu options, the more the sliding back and forth becomes buggy.

Hang on Updating Library - GCWB - 2011-08-20

http://pastebin.com/aRuGLYcf

Log here. When I update library, it hangs. According to the log, it has finished updating my films, however it can't seem to locate pvrmanager.enabled and it gets lost doing a few others.

I don't know what it's doing... Why does the PVR have anything to do with my plentiful film collection, *shakes fist at XBMC*

Anyone?

Note - This is just a regular update, not a full load of a library, it is like 5 films. They are now in my library, yet the 'update library' just stays in the top right. XBMC is still useable until I press 'stop scanning' or try and shutdown XBMC.
Edit: It now seems that half of my library has dissapeared, from L or so onwards... Hmmm.... If anyone has any advice, feel free to voice it.
2nd edit: Yep, in the log, it seems to terminate the update after 'Mary and Max (2009)'. Whilst I have the common sense to figure where the problem lies, I don't have the intuition to fix the issue and understand the coding, that's where the beautiful community of the XBMC.org forum comes in... right?...

(psst, this is the part where you help me, yeah you. Looking at the screen, type it, go on, type that solution, you know it makes sense)

Oh and MarqusQui, I love you. ahem.

- Alael - 2011-08-20

Ajedi Wrote:Im trying to get the skin to work like the screenshot with the taylor swift album playing. I installed the addons for it and let cdart manager scan my libary but nothing works. I get xbmc crashes so much that i have lost count.

I've been having trouble with cdArt as well. Although I got it working like the screenshot, XBMC crashed countless times before I got it right. I think it's somehow related to not finding some of the fanart/clearlogos of a certain artist; at first it says it couldn't find them and afterwards it just crashes. Don't really know if it's a script, skin or XBMC issue.

- flukes1 - 2011-08-20

mindweaver Wrote:MarcosQui I want a clean main menu. So the first thing I do is to deactivate SETTINGS, ADD-ONS, SHUTDOWN and CONCERTS. This breaks the main menu animation.

Please have a look at it. It is hard to present a screenshot since it is mostly noticable when navigating right to left.

EDIT: I have narrowed it down. It is when deactivating SHUTDOWN from main menu when it breaks! But deactivate all the above to really see the issue.

Yep, I have the same issue. Must be a bug.

BTW: MarcosQui, you are a god among men. Keep up the awesome work.

- therrookiee - 2011-08-20

edit : 1 BUG : there is a weird bug in the weather window option.. there are Temperature, SHUTDOWNHuh, Humidity....

edit 2: 2nd BUG : another bug is while using low list in movie category.. there is UNAVAILABLE: instead of DIRECTED BY: while there is director downloaded and showing up..

edit 3: 3rd BUG - when you click on timer in shutdown submenu, xbmc just quit to do the desktop..

i love your skin, dont take it in some bad way, i just want to help with the best xbmc skin...
thanks

- astrotrain - 2011-08-21

therrookiee Wrote:thanks, its weird anyway, i liked shelf view.. Huh

First I would like to thanks Marcos for all his time and effort in revamping this skin into a slim and efficient form from MQ2.

Yes, I second bringing back Shelf view, one of the best things was incorporating Shelf View from the other skins where alot of people have used this option, into MQ2 when it had the last major update. Please bring back this option. Alot of people probably didn't know about the voting window as they would have voted for Shelf such as I.

thanks.

- GCWB - 2011-08-21

GCWB Wrote:http://pastebin.com/aRuGLYcf

Log here. When I update library, it hangs. According to the log, it has finished updating my films, however it can't seem to locate pvrmanager.enabled and it gets lost doing a few others.

I don't know what it's doing... Why does the PVR have anything to do with my plentiful film collection, *shakes fist at XBMC*

Anyone?

Note - This is just a regular update, not a full load of a library, it is like 5 films. They are now in my library, yet the 'update library' just stays in the top right. XBMC is still useable until I press 'stop scanning' or try and shutdown XBMC.
Edit: It now seems that half of my library has dissapeared, from L or so onwards... Hmmm.... If anyone has any advice, feel free to voice it.
2nd edit: Yep, in the log, it seems to terminate the update after 'Mary and Max (2009)'. Whilst I have the common sense to figure where the problem lies, I don't have the intuition to fix the issue and understand the coding, that's where the beautiful community of the XBMC.org forum comes in... right?...

(psst, this is the part where you help me, yeah you. Looking at the screen, type it, go on, type that solution, you know it makes sense)

Oh and MarqusQui, I love you. ahem.

Managed to fix the problem, switched to confluence, updated library, films came back, went back to Aeon MQ 3 and updated again (to test if it would hang) and it didn't.

Oh and I know it's been mentioned, but just for emphasis, when your on the home screen and you use DirectionRight, the options on the left disappear for a split second. Hope I don't sound like a broken record, just trying to help perfect XBMC's most attractive skin Wink

edit: the above issue is a constant, however sometimes the options to the left of the highlighted option disappear completely until movement. Just out of curiosity, when is the ETA of the official release? (out of curiosity, I don't want to sound like an impatient brat, he's done an amazing job already) I could wait a few months or several, just would be nice a general estimation.

2nd edit: Weird, it's really temperamental, will be there sometimes, will be only be there if you make movement or just not there at all.

- mindweaver - 2011-08-21

I found another bug. In Multiplex & Landscape the MODE setting is global :/

I would like to set Movies multiplex to MODE: OFF, TV-series landscape to MODE: OFF and TV-series landscape episodes MODE: ALWAYS ON.

If I try to change the setting in either view the changes become global and overwrites previously set settings.

I would also love to see the thumbs rotating off the screen in Landscape for TV as it does in Multiplex for movies. As in Aeon65.