Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- UnderCoverUZI - 2012-02-15

BDPNA Wrote:Marcos,

Any chance of a way to turn that off? I don't like the way the effect presents on my displays unfortunately.

I will look into this for you, I haven't seen anything that clearly says disable it.

Livin Wrote:Marcos,
You planning any peeks at MQ4 soon?

johnny87au Wrote:Mq4? Still fixing mq3 mate..

Actually if you check his website it has the following:

Quote:01/09/2012 - Aeon MQ 4 - work begun

I'm officially starting work on Aeon MQ 4, which will bring unprecedented resources to XBMC.
Has much work to be done then so that we can have an alpha version in March or April for the first tests, I need to start now.
Therefore maybe I'll stay away for a while, it will be for a good cause.

- digitalb0y - 2012-02-15

Thanks for all your work on this, I really love the horizons menu and the viewtypes for browsing libraries are absolutely fantastic in this skin! Really a lot of possible customization as well.

Can anyone tell me how I can put the shortcut to video add-ons into the submenu under the main video menu item, the images add-ons shortcut into the submenu under images, etc.? I would love to get rid of the add-ons menu item but I would still like to be able to browse to my add-ons from the submenus, and they make more sense to me in their respective categories. If it's not possible to do from within the menus, can it be done by editing xml?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, and thanks in advance for any info!

- digitalb0y - 2012-02-15

BDPNA Wrote:Marcos,

Any chance of a way to turn that off? I don't like the way the effect presents on my displays unfortunately.

I second this request as well. It's probably just the nature of the posters I have and the way things look on my screen, but the glassy/glare effect on my posters doesn't looks as nice to me as the plain images would. Certainly not a mojor issue, but it would be nice to be able to switch that off.

- j3tang - 2012-02-16

I've got an odd problem that I've not seen anyone post about:

I've got an extensive Anime collection and have elected to create an Anime favourite and TV Shows favourite on the home menu. I've done this because under the default TV Shows, it will mix the TV Shows and Anime together.

I use the Banner Info view in the default TV Shows folder and the banners all show beautifully as they should. However, when I go into the favourites created for Anime and TV Shows independently and use the same view, everything is blank except for the backdrop (fanart.jpg). There is no info and the banners become blank. This is the case for the favourites created for both Anime and TV Shows.

For the record, all other views appear perfectly fine in these 2 favourites sections. This is only the case in the Banner view and Banner Info view.

Any ideas??

- UnderCoverUZI - 2012-02-16

j3tang Wrote:I've got an odd problem that I've not seen anyone post about:

I've got an extensive Anime collection and have elected to create an Anime favourite and TV Shows favourite on the home menu. I've done this because under the default TV Shows, it will mix the TV Shows and Anime together.

I use the Banner Info view in the default TV Shows folder and the banners all show beautifully as they should. However, when I go into the favourites created for Anime and TV Shows independently and use the same view, everything is blank except for the backdrop (fanart.jpg). There is no info and the banners become blank. This is the case for the favourites created for both Anime and TV Shows.

For the record, all other views appear perfectly fine in these 2 favourites sections. This is only the case in the Banner view and Banner Info view.

Any ideas??

Have you tried changing the banners to alternate ones?

- j3tang - 2012-02-16

UnderCoverUZI Wrote:Have you tried changing the banners to alternate ones?

The screenshots shown are actually the 'alternate' using banner.jpg. Otherwise, if you leave them in default, the poster.jpg is used and it is squished into the banner sizes. This is exactly what happens when I switch it back into default while in the Favourites sections.

Also, I think I know why I don't get the info. If someone could confirm, but I believe the reason is because these "Favourites" sections aren't Library Mode, so the info won't be available.

- Ghostdivision - 2012-02-16

Would it be worth requesting some library view types like the nox skin?

Im going insane because between nox and mq3 i wish they could combine efforts, the minute i find something i like about one, its missing in the other and vice versa.

In this case i really like a few of the view types in nox for my library, but im not sure if its frowned upon or wont be acknowledged using things like view types from someone else's skin?

I figured i should ask before i request anything on marcos page.

- TeKo - 2012-02-16

Ghostdivision Wrote:Would it be worth requesting some library view types like the nox skin?

Im going insane because between nox and mq3 i wish they could combine efforts, the minute i find something i like about one, its missing in the other and vice versa.

In this case i really like a few of the view types in nox for my library, but im not sure if its frowned upon or wont be acknowledged using things like view types from someone else's skin?

Hehe same for me hoping for a new Showmix soon Wink

- Livin - 2012-02-16

Ghostdivision Wrote:Would it be worth requesting some library view types like the nox skin?

Marcos seems open to considering new view types. I suggested two I like from another skin which I think are very efficient, and visually appealing, for large libraries.

I tried Nox (svn) a few times over the past few months but like the themes in MQ3 better. There are a few things Nox has that are nice but I don't miss them at all.

What I'd like to see if more differentiation... IMO they are too similar right now. I think the Aeon style home screen is dated and would like to see something new and innovative.

- shadetree - 2012-02-16

Hmm..Marcos gives and gives, skinning is his passion.

That said, we want and want and then want some more!

- Grangey. - 2012-02-17

Is it true that there is no way of this skin putting on bluray and DVD cases without manually having it in a title?! Ie all of us who have backed up our blurays on disc images (ie bdmv folders) are basically screwed?

I hope this isn't the case as I love the look of this skin but that's a deal breaker for me.

Can someone confirm or deny as I could see no way of enabling cases in the showcase view?

Thanks
Grangey

- Ghostdivision - 2012-02-17

Livin Wrote:Marcos seems open to considering new view types. I suggested two I like from another skin which I think are very efficient, and visually appealing, for large libraries.

I tried Nox (svn) a few times over the past few months but like the themes in MQ3 better. There are a few things Nox has that are nice but I don't miss them at all.

What I'd like to see if more differentiation... IMO they are too similar right now. I think the Aeon style home screen is dated and would like to see something new and innovative.

To me personally since they are so similar it makes more sense for them to combine efforts, these are there babies, I would be surprised if they re haul anything after there hard work.

These are two of the best skins I have ever seen, they are so similar yet there is some differences and pieces missing from each that are present in the other and it makes for a frustrating experience trying to decide on one since they are so similar.

And i dont think the differences are based on the authors preference from what I have seen, it just seems one has an excellent idea and adds it to their skin, that the other has not thought of.

- chippie - 2012-02-17

Grangey. Wrote:Is it true that there is no way of this skin putting on bluray and DVD cases without manually having it in a title?! Ie all of us who have backed up our blurays on disc images (ie bdmv folders) are basically screwed?

I hope this isn't the case as I love the look of this skin but that's a deal breaker for me.

Can someone confirm or deny as I could see no way of enabling cases in the showcase view?

Thanks
Grangey

I beleive Marcos is putting in a fix for this for BluRay's based on the contents of the folder which will assign a BluRay case. For DVD's I think it works fine but the 2 dvd's I have (lol!) have DVD in the folder name.

- Hypknox - 2012-02-17

j3tang Wrote:The screenshots shown are actually the 'alternate' using banner.jpg. Otherwise, if you leave them in default, the poster.jpg is used and it is squished into the banner sizes. This is exactly what happens when I switch it back into default while in the Favourites sections.

Also, I think I know why I don't get the info. If someone could confirm, but I believe the reason is because these "Favourites" sections aren't Library Mode, so the info won't be available.

I struggled with this very same issue. What I found that resolved it for me was to add your smart playlist to a customer VPlaylist button, not a customer Favourite button. You will find the VPlaylist custom buttons if you scroll further to the right.

That should resolve the blank banner issue for you. You will not get the automatic info pop up still, you can however hit the media info button ("i" for the keyboard) and it will display the info for the selected show.

*Edit* - I prefer the look of low list mode myself, yet here I struggle with the stretched poster.jpg, despite my many different attempts to working around the issue..

- Chiaki - 2012-02-17

PLEASE integrate the Artwork Downloader GUI within the Skin! It shouldn't be too hard! It works with Aeon Nox but I don't like that skin as much as I like mq3. I don't want to switch to Aeon Nox just so I can use the Artwork Downloader properly...
If you try Aeon Nox you can call up the film information and choose "Get artwork" after that if you choose to NOT download all availiable stuff you can CHOOSE what banner and so on you want to use.
Please, this is really a must-have! =(...