Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2012-02-20

Chiaki Wrote:Impossible, I just checked if the 1.2.2 I have since 13.02.12 is the same as the one I downloaded now on 19.02.12 and they ARE the same; they have the same bytesize regarding each and every file.
You somehow fixed your issue yourself.
Please elaborate on how you "updated" through the repository? Did you deinstall and reinstall again?

I installed the MQ3 through the xbmx.org repository some days before, and had this bug, with 1.2.2.
then installed the MQ3 repository. On next reboot I got a notification that there was an update for the skin. I downloaded it (don't know from which repository it was downloaded) and it fixed the bug.

So I don't know how exactly it was fixed.
I had tried MQ3 a long time ago, so maybe first it had read an old guisettings or old pref.

- Chiaki - 2012-02-20

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:I installed the MQ3 through the xbmx.org repository some days before, and had this bug, with 1.2.2.
then installed the MQ3 repository. On next reboot I got a notification that there was an update for the skin. I downloaded it (don't know from which repository it was downloaded) and it fixed the bug.

So I don't know how exactly it was fixed.
I had tried MQ3 a long time ago, so maybe first it had read an old guisettings or old pref.

Well it couldn't have been from the google code site which belongs to Marcos. It was completely identical to what I've had before. So you're saying xbmc.org repository? I'll have a look at it.

EDIT: I just checked, the official repo doesn't have this addon included. You must have downloaded it from Marcos own repo, which means you have fixed your problem by reinstalling. Hell knows why.

- gibxxi - 2012-02-20

@MarcosQui:

Logo Downloader's functionality & code has now been integrated into Artwork Downloader (for Eden) and as such the Logo Downloader add-on has been marked as "broken" in the XBMC add-ons repository for anyone who doesn't already have it.

Therefore, with MQ3, the functionality provided by the skin can no longer be enabled because the required add-on can no longer be installed / activated.

Is there a chance that the checks for the Logo Downloader add-on can be changed to reference / point to the requirement for the Artwork Downloader add-on instead, or will we have to wait for MQ4?

Good work on the skin btw. Although I have two other skins installed, I only use MQ3 with any degree of regularity.

Wink

- Chiaki - 2012-02-20

If you had it activated before you deactivated logo downloader everything works fine. At least for me.

- chippie - 2012-02-20

Chiaki Wrote:If you had it activated before you deactivated logo downloader everything works fine. At least for me.

It does still work but it is all integrated into Artwork Downloader now so there is no need for seperate Add-Ons in the side menu. I think Marcos just needs to remove the Get Logo/ClearArt option from the side menu.

You can disable the Logo/ClearArt add-on and just run Artwork Downloader but make sure you check all your required options under the Add-ons section.

- chippie - 2012-02-20

Talking about the Artwork Downloader, a word of advice;

If you keep all your movies and artwork together with multiple movies in one folder and then use Artwork Downloader to scrape Movie Fanart it will create a fanart.jpg for each folder and then XBMC will scrape that fanart.jpg and assign it to all movies that do not have their own fanart. This is a pain for me as I use the Reserve Fanart option so I get a black background/no fanart for movies that are missing specific fanart. I prefer this to having fanart that is not connected to the movie itself.

If you have done this then go to the add-on and disable movie fanart scraping. then search all your root movie folders for fanart.jpg and delete them. This is only if you have multiple movies in one folder so be careful what you delete. Then delete the \userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart folder under XBMC. It will then reload the local fanart when you go back into movies without assigning incorrect fanart to movies that do not have their own fanart.

- kobaturtle - 2012-02-21

Hi,
Is there a way to disable letters/numbers appearing in front of covers when scrolling in showcase/multiplex view? It's often flickering on each scroll.
Thanks

- UnderCoverUZI - 2012-02-21

kobaturtle Wrote:Hi,
Is there a way to disable letters/numbers appearing in front of covers when scrolling in showcase/multiplex view? It's often flickering on each scroll.
Thanks

Settings > Skin > Media Info > Show first letters during rolling (Think that is what you want)

- TheSwede1970 - 2012-02-21

millercentral Wrote:Hi, I'm new to the skin, and reasonably new to XBMC, and I'm having two problems around the display of my TV Shows with Aeon MQ 3

1. FanArt not being displayed. For some reason, I can't get fan art to display for my TV Shows (fanart displays fine for my movies). Here is how my local metadata is setup:

//server/tv/show/
fanart.jpg
season 1/fanart.jpg
season 2/fanart.jpg

...etc. Yet, I can't find any setting that enables the display of the fan art for TV show views. Is the skin looking for the fanart somewhere else?

2. Per-Season posters not displaying. For some reason, my season posters do not display. The series poster is shown for all seasons. Again, my metadata layout is as follows:

//server/tv/show/
season01.tbn
season02.tbn
season 1/folder.jpg (same file as season01.tbn)
season 2/folder.jpg (same file as season02.tbn)
... etc

Any thoughts what is going wrong here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

If i'm not mistaken it should be /server/TV Shows/Seriesname/Season
and you files should be in Seriesname

When i started with XBMC many years ago the folders had to be named Movies and TV Shows respectively but that might have changed...

I have also moved away from .tbn files since i reackon they do not always work.

- Phantom_Zone - 2012-02-21

TheSwede1970 Wrote:When i started with XBMC many years ago the folders had to be named Movies and TV Shows respectively but that might have changed...

You can put them in any named directory...I've mine split over 20 drives - all have different directory names!

- ashish.kushwaha - 2012-02-21

Sorry for the repost, but i am really struggling with the visual feedback for analog scrolling using the xbox controller. My original post is here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=1013855&postcount=2502

Please let me know if its possible to implement this in Aeon MQ3 somehow?

- kobaturtle - 2012-02-22

UnderCoverUZI Wrote:Settings > Skin > Media Info > Show first letters during rolling (Think that is what you want)
That's what I was searching for. Thanks!

- andrewf - 2012-02-23

Hiya

can anyone help / advise if I am doing something wrong. In MQ2 Cinema (experience) is already a main menu option alongside movies.

I've tried to duplicate this in MQ3 by using the option to create your own by attaching the addon for CE to a menu button. I've done this but cannot get it to run.

FYI runs fine going via the movie when selecting it through the movies main menu and then information.

Cheers Andy

PS Have got vplaylists, aplaylists and favourites to work and give me my own menu choices. Just this one not working?

Thanks to giftie I believe I have sorted this - trying tonight 23rd

- japes - 2012-02-23

I really like the look and feel of this skin and the ease of use. I typically edit the confluence skin xmls a ton to get what I want but 90% of what i change is toggle buttoned in this skin. The only thing I can't get working is as follows...

Under main Movie menu item I have the submenus..
Genre, Kids Movies (Smart List), Movies (Smart list eliminating Kids Movies), Recently Watched (Smart List), and Recently added

Under TV Menu I have these submenus...
TV Shows (Smart List), Kids Shows (Smart List), Animated Shorts (Smart List), Recently Added

Now with your skin I can do a custom menu item and add my video playslist but not have Recently added and genre submenu's...and under the Regular Movie Menu I can have Genre and Recently added but not Video Playlist.

I know I can probably figure it out and edit the xml files like I did for Confluence but my big attraction to this skin is that I haven't had to edit any xml files yet.

Is there something I am doing wrong or is it not possible to add video playlist submenu items under the existing Movie Menu.

Thanks for you time and efforts.

- MarcosQui - 2012-02-24

Attention all members of the skin group.

I have started a new topic for the Aeon MQ 4, please visit the group and give your opinion, it is very important to make a better skin.