Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - dars55 - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-14, 10:43)chippie Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 02:21)dars55 Wrote:

Try the below;

1. Come out of XBMC. rename your \userdata\Database\textures?.db file to .old then go back in and see if that has solved the issue.

2. Come out of XBMC, rename \userdata\guisettings.xml to .old then go back in. Doing ths will mean that you will have to configure the skin from scratch but it may solve the issue.

If neither of the above work then it may be that either the install or your thumbnails and the links have become corrupt. Either way I would probably suggest a clean build. unless of course someone else has any ideas.

EDIT: Cannot see your screen shots for some reason!

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried each fix and unfortunately I am still seeing the same behavior. It seems that my TV Shows artwork is damaged somehow. I have confirmed that what I am seeing displayed as fanart is actually banners, horizontals, clearart, logoart, posters... I am resigning myself to a fresh install as you suggested. I don't hold out hope for a fix as I found no mention of this after searching.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - kendo - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-13, 21:33)chippie Wrote: Do you mean adding a BD structure, ripped from an actual BluRay Disc to your hard drive? As far as I am aware these should work, just label the folder appropriately so the scraper will pick it up. Does the added movie appear corrrectly in the delivered Confluence skin? as this issue seems to be more XBMC connected rather than to the skin.

I think what you may have done is added the BluRay folder as a source and scraped everything in it. This is wrong, you need to add the root folder of where your BD rips are. eg;

Movies\Red Heat....
Movies\Alice in Wonderland...

Where "Movies" is the folder you add as the source.

You say your library is messed up, just delete the source you added and remove all from that source, it should go back to normal.

Also I beleive Marcos is putting in support to assign the correct BluRay case to a BD folder structure.

Yes you got me. I added the root folder which i have over 30 bluray disc folder structure, but XBMC scraped all infomartion. For example, the folder back up in bluray structure is also scraped for the movie The Back Up Plan Confused Do you have any advice on it? I dont want to change to ISO, it takes me much time Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - sidewalksuper - 2012-03-14

Is there a way to see 3D movies without using the covers?
I don't really like to use the covers, they are all Bluray anyway Smile

Maybe something like the source icon... A Bluray 3D icon or something instead of the normal Bluray icon.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - MastaofDesasta - 2012-03-14

Using the latest Version of MQ 3 my video codec isn´t displayed anymore,
but when playing a file it is visible in the info panel(when pressing i )

Is this a bug in the skin, or did I miss any new setting?

Edit: The place for the video codec in the lower right corner is still there, but empty
Deleting the texture db also didn´t solve it

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - firstscout - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-12, 10:52)firstscout Wrote: Hi !
I have recently installed Eden rc2 and Aeon MQ3 everything works fine in general thanks. I do have one issue that botters me and it is regarding the trailer addon. I somehow is stuck with a view and I can not access the settings inside trailers to change the view. Is there a way around this ?
Thanks

Doesn't anyone have a suggestion how to change the view... can I edit it somewhere ? I have looked throught the most logic xml files but nothing...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Chris12 - 2012-03-14

Just updated my HTPC from 10.1 with the MQ2 skin, to v11 RC2 with the MQ3 skin. I did a total fresh install of windows 7 and also rebuild my directory structure of my collection of DVDs and Blurays.

A couple of things I cant get to work with the MQ3 skin:

1. None of my series gets scraped. I have a lot of series on DVD, each DVD contains 3-4 episodes. I used the specific code for scraping within video_ts files from: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Advancedsettings.xml
in my advancedsettings.xml
But I cant get the series information (episodes etc.) get into the TVshows section of the menu, or a new menu item called Series which points to a directory on my NAS/HTPC. The series are recognized by the scraper, is shows the cover-art, but not the episodes.

2. I cant get more then 5 submenu items when adding a new menu item (favorite1). I'm using the MQ3 skin in Super-mode, but I cant get more then 5 submenus. In MQ2 there was a "New Item" submenu, this isnt in MQ3 anymore??
When selecting the normal/pro/super mode of MQ3 it is even stated that 20 submenu's are supported. But when looking at for instant menu item Favorite1, it has only 5 submenu's shown. How to add more submenu's there?

3. When going to the movies menu, and select a DVD. The files which are on that DVD are displayed, not the screen with the plot and the play/resume/etc. choice options. Am I missing an option somewhere?
Im using the multiplex view.

4. Is it possible to have a different view in a self-added favorite menu (for instant menu item NEW MOVIES), now only the list view can be selected. Other views, which are enabled, can't be choosen.

Maybe someone overhere can help me out with above questions? a reset of the skin didn't help.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - chippie - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-14, 11:17)dars55 Wrote: Thank you for the suggestions. I tried each fix and unfortunately I am still seeing the same behavior. It seems that my TV Shows artwork is damaged somehow. I have confirmed that what I am seeing displayed as fanart is actually banners, horizontals, clearart, logoart, posters... I am resigning myself to a fresh install as you suggested. I don't hold out hope for a fix as I found no mention of this after searching.

Yeah not sure about this one, you can try is to rename your Thumbnails folder and textures.xbt then go back in to XBMC. It should then rebuild the fanart, clearart, logos etc.. but it will NOT rebuild the Posters. If this works and you just have Posters missing (everything else is ok) then you know it is a problem with the Thumbnails folder. In which case I would probably rebuild from scratch to have a nice clean install
(2012-03-14, 20:54)firstscout Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 10:52)firstscout Wrote: Hi !
I have recently installed Eden rc2 and Aeon MQ3 everything works fine in general thanks. I do have one issue that botters me and it is regarding the trailer addon. I somehow is stuck with a view and I can not access the settings inside trailers to change the view. Is there a way around this ?
Thanks

Doesn't anyone have a suggestion how to change the view... can I edit it somewhere ? I have looked throught the most logic xml files but nothing...

I guess you are stuck in the CoverFlow View, there is an issue with the view where you cannot bring up the side menu.

Go to SETTINGS>SKIN>VIEWTYPES>VIDEO VIEWTYPES and disable CoverFlow.

It will then assign a different view to Trailers. Once the issue is fixed you will be able to use CoverFlow again.
(2012-03-14, 19:45)MastaofDesasta Wrote: Using the latest Version of MQ 3 my video codec isn´t displayed anymore,
but when playing a file it is visible in the info panel(when pressing i )

Is this a bug in the skin, or did I miss any new setting?

Edit: The place for the video codec in the lower right corner is still there, but empty
Deleting the texture db also didn´t solve it

What view are you using?

I can confirm that in Showcase, the video codec is not displayed, however the BluRay/HDTV tags are, but it is on the left in Showcase.
(2012-03-14, 16:47)kendo Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 21:33)chippie Wrote: Do you mean adding a BD structure, ripped from an actual BluRay Disc to your hard drive? As far as I am aware these should work, just label the folder appropriately so the scraper will pick it up. Does the added movie appear corrrectly in the delivered Confluence skin? as this issue seems to be more XBMC connected rather than to the skin.

I think what you may have done is added the BluRay folder as a source and scraped everything in it. This is wrong, you need to add the root folder of where your BD rips are. eg;

Movies\Red Heat....
Movies\Alice in Wonderland...

Where "Movies" is the folder you add as the source.

You say your library is messed up, just delete the source you added and remove all from that source, it should go back to normal.

Also I beleive Marcos is putting in support to assign the correct BluRay case to a BD folder structure.

Yes you got me. I added the root folder which i have over 30 bluray disc folder structure, but XBMC scraped all infomartion. For example, the folder back up in bluray structure is also scraped for the movie The Back Up Plan Confused Do you have any advice on it? I dont want to change to ISO, it takes me much time Sad

When adding the source, do not check "Scan Recursively" that should solve the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - dars55 - 2012-03-15

(2012-03-14, 22:53)chippie Wrote: Thank you for the suggestions. I tried each fix and unfortunately I am still seeing the same behavior. It seems that my TV Shows artwork is damaged somehow. I have confirmed that what I am seeing displayed as fanart is actually banners, horizontals, clearart, logoart, posters... I am resigning myself to a fresh install as you suggested. I don't hold out hope for a fix as I found no mention of this after searching.

Yeah not sure about this one, you can try is to rename your Thumbnails folder and textures.xbt then go back in to XBMC. It should then rebuild the fanart, clearart, logos etc.. but it will NOT rebuild the Posters. If this works and you just have Posters missing (everything else is ok) then you know it is a problem with the Thumbnails folder. In which case I would probably rebuild from scratch to have a nice clean install

I found a repair for this. I found a commonality that all the shows that were displaying badly shared - I have 2 TV Show locations on 2 drives and the shows that were having trouble were the shows that were spread across the 2 locations (EX: seasons 1,2 on drive 1; seasons 3,4 on drive 2). I decided that if the banners, horizontals, clearart, logoart, posters were showing as extra fanart I would delete all of them. I deleted all, renamed my textures6.db to old, then ran Artwork Downloader and grabed new ones. This worked. As soon as I deleted the files the odd behavior stopped. Now after downloading all new art everything is working as it should - and as it used to. I have had these same shows stored across these 2 drives for a while with no problems using MQ2, and then with MQ3 when it was released. No idea what happened and no real 'solution', just a work around for whatever did happen.

Now.... if I can figure out how to select new TV Show thumbs (posters) I will be happy. I am using "Use poster.jpg for TV Shows". When I show info for a tv show I only have the option to "Get Fanart" no option for "Get Thumb". I know this used to exist, and when I switch to Confluence the option to "Get Thumb" is there again. Any ideas on this...? ... and thanks again for pointing me to the textures?.db and the guisettings.xml files. Never messed with them before.

+1 reputation.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - TheFonz - 2012-03-15

For some reason the WatchList script is not working for me. I cannot find the option to run it, I don't know how to access it. I have it installed, though it isn't coming up in the enabled addons under any option. Anyone have any ideas where to start?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - chippie - 2012-03-15

(2012-03-15, 01:55)dars55 Wrote: Now.... if I can figure out how to select new TV Show thumbs (posters) I will be happy. I am using "Use poster.jpg for TV Shows". When I show info for a tv show I only have the option to "Get Fanart" no option for "Get Thumb". I know this used to exist, and when I switch to Confluence the option to "Get Thumb" is there again. Any ideas on this...? ... and thanks again for pointing me to the textures?.db and the guisettings.xml files. Never messed with them before.

+1 reputation.

Couple of things to check, under addons what do you have enabled; Artwork Downloader, Logo Downloader?

I assume this is a relatively new build and that you do not have Logo Downloader, if you DO have it then try to disable it and see if that helps, also make sure you have Artwork Downloader installed (this may also give you the menu options once installed). With Artwork Downloader go through the numerous setting under the Add-On section for it. A word of warning, if you keep multiple movies in one folder (rather than seperate folders) then uncheck the options to do with Movie Fanart otherwise it will create fanart for each folder which XBMC will then read in and assign to each movie without fanart copying that one image multiple times into your Thumbnails folders, this is a real pain as you will have incorrect fanart "permanently" assigned to certain movies.

If you do not have Logo Downloader then that is your issue, as it was merged into Artwork Downloader after Marcos created it as a pre-requisite in the skin, as in that it is needed to trigger the menu items in MQ3, for example Info>Get Thumb and Get Artwork, without it you would not get these menu items (possibly Artwork Downloader may give you the Get Artwork option).

If the above does not work then I think the only option here is to wait until Marcos releases an update, possibly this weekend after which all should be good. This was all discussed several pages back somewhere as someone else was having the same issue so if the above does not help it may be worth having a look to see if there was anyhting else that fixed it, I cannot remember and unfortunately do not have time at the moment to go through and have a look for you.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - wiggo - 2012-03-15

Hi All

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I can't find a solution anywhere.

I can't seem to change the viewing style on the TV Shows and The Movies. I've activated all the viewing styles on both the tv and movies.

I also have a problem with the Music section. When I grab logos and other items, they appear in my music directory in seperate folders from the albums.

It's very annoying, as I would prefer it to be clean without the additional folders.

I've taken screenshots using the onboard (Ctrl-s) function, but the files are too big.

If anyone has had a similar problem, could you help me resolve it please.

I'm using Eden (RC2) and MQ3 on windows 7.

Regards

Wiggo

(2012-03-15, 12:37)wiggo Wrote: Hi All

I can't seem to change the viewing style on the TV Shows and The Movies. I've activated all the viewing styles on both the tv and movies.
I also have a problem with the Music section. When I grab logos and other items, they appear in my music directory in seperate folders from the albums.
It's very annoying, as I would prefer it to be clean without the additional folders.
I've taken screenshots using the onboard (Ctrl-s) function, but the files are too big.
Regards

Wiggo

This has come up numerous times now.... I assume you have set your views to CoverFlow, there is an issue with this view as you cannot bring up the side menu if it is selected. Go to Settings and disable the CoverFlow View. It will then assign a different view to Movies and TV Shows. Best not to enable it until Marcos has fixed the issue. If you do not have Coverflow selected they you probably have Kiosk Mode enabled, disable Kiosk mode and you will be good to go.

I do not use XBMC for Music so cannot really help but I assume that it is an Add-On grabbing the logos etc... if it is then best find a thread about the add-on and post there. However if the add-on works and XBMC/MQ3 picks up the artwork then I guess it is designed to work this way but do not know enough about it to be sure.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - gibxxi - 2012-03-15

Quote: If you do not have Logo Downloader then that is your issue, as it was merged into Artwork Downloader after Marcos created it as a pre-requisite in the skin, as in that it is needed to trigger the menu items in MQ3, for example Info>Get Thumb and Get Artwork, without it you would not get these menu items (possibly Artwork Downloader may give you the Get Artwork option).

If the above does not work then I think the only option here is to wait until Marcos releases an update, possibly this weekend after which all should be good. This was all discussed several pages back somewhere as someone else was having the same issue so if the above does not help it may be worth having a look to see if there was anyhting else that fixed it, I cannot remember and unfortunately do not have time at the moment to go through and have a look for you.
I have the options for get thumb, but I do not have Logo Downloader installed in this build. I did before and the option was missing with the options for logo downloader enabled. Recommend disabling logo downloader options in the skin, and then uninstalling it for the time being until the update. This should allow you to assign your own thumbs again.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - wiggo - 2012-03-15

(2012-03-15, 13:53)chippie Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 12:37)wiggo Wrote: Hi All

Regards

Wiggo

This has come up numerous times now.... I assume you have set your views to CoverFlow, there is an issue with this view as you cannot bring up the side menu if it is selected. Go to Settings and disable the CoverFlow View. It will then assign a different view to Movies and TV Shows. Best not to enable it until Marcos has fixed the issue. If you do not have Coverflow selected they you probably have Kiosk Mode enabled, disable Kiosk mode and you will be good to go.

I do not use XBMC for Music so cannot really help but I assume that it is an Add-On grabbing the logos etc... if it is then best find a thread about the add-on and post there. However if the add-on works and XBMC/MQ3 picks up the artwork then I guess it is designed to work this way but do not know enough about it to be sure.

Brilliant. That's done the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Wiggo

Yeah, my bad, the Get Thumb option has always been there.

From experience, and my 3 builds working correctly the order of install with the curent build of MQ3 was to install Logo Downloader (this would enable the Skin options for poster etc..) followed by Artwork Downloader then disable/uninstall Logo Downloader. This would then give you the Info>Get Artwork option. Problem is you can no longer install Logo Downloader unless you have the .zip file.

Still, am sure Marcos will make the fix public soon. I believe it is already available to donators in his repo but I have not updated from there for a while so cannot confirm.