Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- h.udo - 2011-09-22

clubwerks Wrote:Aren't those just his images? I think he's made a playlist that includes movie sets and changed the movieset thumb to some custom images that he made.

Hi!
Really? Do you think we had all that work with EVERY movie?

Looking at the 'CD circles' standing out of the box cases, it doesn't seem to be a manual work. That would involve copious amounts of work.. I think!Oo

That being said, I have no idea. Lately, my time to test Aeon MQ 3 is less than desirable. Or any skin, for that matter.

BR,
h.udo

- Maken - 2011-09-22

markimark Wrote:@Maken & @clubwerks
This has become y very rude forum here and we do not need people like you here either. I will keep asking until some is found to answer my question. This is what the forum should about and not about smart guys like you. A simple "NO, it is not possible anymore" would have been enough.
I have tried many times and it is not working as it was in version 2. I was wondering if that feature was skipped or what else the reason youd be why I can not add a new submenu to the tv section anymore.

Why should I create a whole new tv section and then have to disable to default tv section, just to get a customized subsection? Does not make sense to me.

You posted the same question 3 times in 2 pages and we are the rude ones?

Stop fucking asking the same god damn question over and over you moron. If anyone knows, they will fucking tell you, jesus.

Hows that for rude?

- clubwerks - 2011-09-22

Maken Wrote:You posted the same question 3 times in 2 pages and we are the rude ones?

Stop fucking asking the same god damn question over and over you moron. If anyone knows, they will fucking tell you, jesus.

Hows that for rude?

Here's what "makes sense" to him. Asking the same question 10 times where the answer has firmly been set to "no" instead of just adding a new menu/submenu which would work quite easily and take less than 10 minutes to implement.

- Rygrath - 2011-09-23

Elektro2000 Wrote:Hi all! Could somebody explain me how to make my Movie-Sets look like the sets of Rygrath?

I mean that the DVDs are looking out of the boxes, I tried almost everything but can't make it look like that. Many thanks...

clubwerks Wrote:Aren't those just his images? I think he's made a playlist that includes movie sets and changed the movieset thumb to some custom images that he made.

Heh, I wish I had that kind of Photoshop talent. I made a post here on where I got the images.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=879343&postcount=1552
Quote:Just for the record, with pre-Eden you can put the Set poster and fanart anywhere since you are manually going to choose it anyways. I usually just stick it into the first movie of a set.

Secondly, as to where to find set art. http://www.themoviedb.org has Set art for movie series. Just pick a movie in a set like Shrek and on the left hand pane under Movie Facts you'll see "Part of the: The Shrek Collection"

Click that link and it'll take you to a page with all the movies in a set and Poster/Fanart that people have setup for that purpose.

Alternatively you can go to http://www.mbmods.com. This site was made for Media Browser users, it's a repository of Icons, Posters, Fanart etc. They have outstanding artwork there that work great in my collection.

This link will take you straight to the Icon sets that contain movie set artwork made by Demonseed. Really amazing work to be quite honest.

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/1482/movie-boxset-icons-by-big-arrickson-demonseed

Demonseed even made a Tutorial on how to create your own on his page. Just a word of note, the Posters are a bit wider than your normal posters you get from themoviedb.org. In some skins the discs will be a little cropped.

Far as how they show in the screen shot. The movies were setup as a Set in Ember. Most skins (if not all) have a "Sets" as a sub-section of the Movie Library (as you can see the path in the top breadcrumb bar). It's listed at the root of movie library where you can choose between Genre, Title, Year, Studio, etc. You can add it as a favorite then create a custom home menu option if you wish.

- Rygrath - 2011-09-23

markimark Wrote:I try it again.

Does anybody know how to add new items to the submenu or is this not possible anymore with the new version? Thanks for any help.

The option to add custom sub-menus to the default choices was removed in MQ3.

Was probably done in the effort to stream line MQ3's code and keep it's performance up. MQ2 was suffering from options bloat and was starting to perform sluggishly on the lower powered machines.

You have the option though, to create several new Main menu choices each with 5 sub-menus however. If you need more than that, you may want to stay with MQ2 which allows for a vast many more.

- Elektro2000 - 2011-09-23

Cool thanks Rygrath! So you just downloaded the picture and set it as SetBox Cover, right? Sounds plausible Smile

- pyrodex - 2011-09-23

I just upgraded to 20110923-948748f from 20110908-9592c12 in Windows to fix a logo downloader issue (too old of version) and I've noticed in MQ3 I am seeing the weather in Centigrade vs Fahrenheit now with no other changes than the version of XBMC. Is there a bug or something wrong?

Look your country in Appearance - Wanilton - 2011-09-23

pyrodex Wrote:I just upgraded to 20110923-948748f from 20110908-9592c12 in Windows to fix a logo downloader issue (too old of version) and I've noticed in MQ3 I am seeing the weather in Centigrade vs Fahrenheit now with no other changes than the version of XBMC. Is there a bug or something wrong?

If you use English language, look field country in appearance is set for default in new version XBMC to Australia, change for you country, done.Nod

- Elektro2000 - 2011-09-23

Hi Rygrath, one last question. I've downloaded the new covers and set them in XBMC but now I have this black frame around the cover. On you screenshot the black frame is almost transparent, is there a trick? Smile

- Rygrath - 2011-09-23

Elektro2000 Wrote:Hi Rygrath, one last question. I've downloaded the new covers and set them in XBMC but now I have this black frame around the cover. On you screenshot the black frame is almost transparent, is there a trick? Smile

Be easier to understand what you mean with a screen shot. The files are .png type with a transparent background. If you save them as a .jpg they'll lose the transparency which would put a solid color background on them.

- Elektro2000 - 2011-09-24

Thanks, got it... Saved it as jpg, that why there was the black frame.

- MarcosQui - 2011-09-24

Hello everyone, Aeon MQ 3 RC3 available:

Changelog:

Added: 3DWall View, for Movies and Music.
Added: Translation into Italian - Giskard, thank for that.
Added: Translation into Slovak, including fonts - therrookiee, thank for that.
Added: Translation into Spanish - ToniGB, thank for that.
Added: Translation into German - Mad Max, thank for that.
Added: Translation into Portuguese(European) - hudo, thank for that.
Added: Show media file location in VideoInfo.
Added: New cast list and artist photo in VideoInfo.
Added: Automatic word 'minutes', if necessary, in the panels of the collections.
Fixed: Filter by artist in Cast/VideoInfo not return with any result.
Fixed: Get Thumb in VideoInfo not change the thumb.
Fixed: Access to the button Ascending/Descending on side menu.
Fixed: Multiplex Audio View - Layout details.
Fixed: Reminder of information PVR timer in main menu.
Fixed: Several layout fixes in the windows of PVR.

- MidnightWatcher - 2011-09-24

Beautiful skin! Is there any way for me to change the color of the RSS font? It's a little too dark for me to read, I'd like to change it to white if possible. Sorry if this has already been asked.

- SlyMaelstrom - 2011-09-24

Latest update looks good; I really like the new cast list and I think I could get used to 3D Wall for my albums view. The updates to the PVR menus are coming along, too. The one thing I'd really like to see updated is the "panel" view for programs. It is a great addition, but it still needs support for tall cases and wide cases. Hopefully that can make it on the to-do for the next update.

Thanks for your hard work.

- zzakira - 2011-09-24

Hello,

I have a bug in the category of video file to the wall sticker is not displayed while with the list view they appear

maybe it has already been reported

Thank you and congratulations for this beautiful skin