Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- icky - 2011-10-08

Is Last.FM broken in this skin or is it just meHuh

- shadetree - 2011-10-08

MarcosQui Wrote:To perform such a function would require a script to rewrite the XML, just so we could change the order of menus.

That's very common in the skins of MediaPortal but non-existent here, unfortunately.

OK I understand with out a MainMenu XML there is no button id or assigned numbers list to change the focus with so each time we add or remove a shortcut, the center position is shifted.

- Zxurian - 2011-10-08

so to accomplish this between refreshes of the skin, we just have to manually edit the Home.xml file and move around the following blocks?
Code:
<item id="8"><!-- videos -->
    <label fallback="31005">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomVideos_Label)]</label>
    <include>VideoBackdrop</include>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Root)</onclick>
    <visible>!SubString(Skin.String(DisableVideos),true)</visible>
  </item>

MarcosQui Wrote:To perform such a function would require a script to rewrite the XML, just so we could change the order of menus.

That's very common in the skins of MediaPortal but non-existent here, unfortunately.

- U5tabil - 2011-10-08

Just wondering if anyone is getting fanart to show for music? I cant. It works for movies and tv shows but not for music...

- giftie - 2011-10-08

eskro Wrote:uhm, im not super sure, maybe a screenie would help, Smile thx

oh but, also, i cant seem to be able to download CDART at all,,,

when i configured the addon,

it then said 'building database' something like that
and it actually stays that way 4ever,,

it doesnt seem to find anything,,,

In regards of the Addon, please post a debug log here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031

- eskro - 2011-10-08

ok noob question, debug log you want is where? Smile

- shadetree - 2011-10-09

Zxurian Wrote:so to accomplish this between refreshes of the skin, we just have to manually edit the Home.xml file and move around the following blocks?
Code:
<item id="8"><!-- videos -->
    <label fallback="31005">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomVideos_Label)]</label>
    <include>VideoBackdrop</include>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Root)</onclick>
    <visible>!SubString(Skin.String(DisableVideos),true)</visible>
  </item>

Thats just it, there is no Home_MainMenu or Includes_MainMenu.xml script to edit in Aeon MQ 3.

- giftie - 2011-10-09

eskro Wrote:ok noob question, debug log you want is where? Smile

lol.. Look at my signature(ie below Sharethe.tv), Remember to post it in the forum for cdART Manager...

- eskro - 2011-10-09

U5tabil Wrote:Just wondering if anyone is getting fanart to show for music? I cant. It works for movies and tv shows but not for music...

nope, not me either,,,,
always been a bug ,,,,,

- Zxurian - 2011-10-09

shadetree Wrote:Thats just it, there is no Home_MainMenu or Includes_MainMenu.xml script to edit in Aeon MQ 3.

Each skin has it's own file layout, so the same files might not be present in different skins, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Understandable that a reorder feature built into the UI is out, but can you tell me what we'd have to edit manually within the xml to reorder the items? Something somewhere has to determine the order of the appearence. I tried reordering the items within Home.xml, then rebooted the xbmc, but it didn't work.

Am I missing something?

- Zxurian - 2011-10-09

is there a way to remove the "shine" that's applied to the images (poster / episode thumb) when using the low-list view?

to me at least, it's just very visible and detracts from the image itself, and if it could be lowered / removed, that'd be great. if it's too hard to be a menu option, i'm perfectly willing to just edit some xml files.

Thanks!

- MarcosQui - 2011-10-09

To edit manually menu order, just move the blocks as you yourself pointed out.

See if you have not forgotten some string, should be just this the error.

- MarcosQui - 2011-10-09

eskro Wrote:nope, not me either,,,,
always been a bug ,,,,,

I'll check it out.

- Zxurian - 2011-10-09

MarcosQui Wrote:To edit manually menu order, just move the blocks as you yourself pointed out.

See if you have not forgotten some string, should be just this the error.

yup, my mistake, I made the changes on a box other than the one I was looking at (I run multiple xbmc's myself)

- Zxurian - 2011-10-09

any ideas on removing the shine from the low list graphics? (not sure if that was included in your replies)