Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- Wanilton - 2011-10-09

LAW-Mastermind Wrote:I think your right, tested with other skins, the funny thing is, they worked flawless a few weeks ago, and i didnĀ“t update xbmc for weeks.
My friends, all addons work fine here, but for understand:
Many addons was updated recently, you need update your XBMC nightlies for actual version, for addons work fine again.
If you use windows, here are link for download EDEN XBMC today version:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/XBMCSetup-20111007-e330173-master.exe

This will solve your addons problem..

Link for download actual Eden Addons

Unzip manually in this place:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

- loady - 2011-10-09

sorry for the dumb question...i downloaded extras packs, how do i install them or where do i extract them to...it seems to suggest to extract to skins folder but i cant seem to find it, it wont let me install via zip either Huh

- eskro - 2011-10-09

hey loady!

are extras packs some backdrops for the main menu?

your Aeon Skin Folder is usually located

XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\extras\backgrounds

- icky - 2011-10-09

icky Wrote:Is Last.FM broken in this skin or is it just meHuh

anyone?

- Cronk - 2011-10-09

wouterdt Wrote:It's not possible from within the skin options. I think (Marcos please correct me if I'm wrong here) that it's currently not possible with the skinning options Eden has to make the order of the home menu items dynamic.

The order of the menu items is determined by the way Home.xml is set up.

On this wiki page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Static_List_Content is explained, very basic, how static content works. You can change the order of the content items in Home.xml, keep in mind that as soon as the skin (auto) updates your changes will be reverted.

Thanks for the help... it's much appreciated. Worked like a charm. It's too bad that there wasn't a way to do this natively from within the app itself. IMO this is key to optimizing the UX.

- loady - 2011-10-09

eskro Wrote:hey loady!

are extras packs some backdrops for the main menu?

your Aeon Skin Folder is usually located

XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\extras\backgrounds

Hey Eskro to the rescue !!...that folder is not present, i can see the one for the confluence skin though...at this moment there are no back drops showing at all but in answer to you, yes they are backdrop packs. should i create the folder ?..as when i got into settings to change the backdrop its asking me to locate the folder..i tried browsing to the folder i downloaded but nothing shows up.

- eskro - 2011-10-09

listen, if you installed AEON skin,
you should see a AEON folder in this location
XBMC\addons\

start with finding your skin folder...

- valebv - 2011-10-09

First of all thank you so much for this awesome skin, works great for me. The only thing that I'm missing is that on MQ2 while browsing music I could see if the files were mp3, flac, etc, haven't been able to find these option on MQ3. Only in the visualization mode I can see the file codec, any help would be great.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

- loady - 2011-10-09

eskro Wrote:listen, if you installed AEON skin,
you should see a AEON folder in this location
XBMC\addons\

start with finding your skin folder...

not there.... this is a fresh install on that freebie box i got..i wanted to try out mq3 on it..so i downloaded and installed the latest nightly build (thats eden right ?)....then i followed the instructions to install mq3 skin, (no disrespect to to the author, but the instructions are not translated very well)..but any way...aeon mq3 is running and so is xbmc so i guess i done it right.... Image

Its 7.00pm here in UK..i work nights and am going to bed but will be catching up on this thread at work.

- djbarney - 2011-10-09

icky Wrote:anyone?

works here, has been working for as long as mq3 has been out for me as well Smile

- JCMatos - 2011-10-09

loady Wrote:not there.... this is a fresh install on that freebie box i got..i wanted to try out mq3 on it..so i downloaded and installed the latest nightly build (thats eden right ?)....then i followed the instructions to install mq3 skin, (no disrespect to to the author, but the instructions are not translated very well)..but any way...aeon mq3 is running and so is xbmc so i guess i done it right....
Its 7.00pm here in UK..i work nights and am going to bed but will be catching up on this thread at work.

The skin files are located on C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

- Kemical - 2011-10-10

First off I *Love* this skin. I do have a question that I have not been able to find the answer to yet. Is there a way to disable the ".." or up arrow graphics that are used to go up one level? I have a button mapped on my remote to do that and would like to remove them. Thanks!

- mindweaver - 2011-10-10

Kemical Wrote:First off I *Love* this skin. I do have a question that I have not been able to find the answer to yet. Is there a way to disable the ".." or up arrow graphics that are used to go up one level? I have a button mapped on my remote to do that and would like to remove them. Thanks!

Goto SETTINGS -> APPEARANCE -> FILE LISTS -> disable SHOW PARENT FOLDER ITEMS.

- evanesce - 2011-10-10

Under Videos (Narrow List), how do I still show the "already watched" flag? Is there a way to hack that in to the XML or something?

- icky - 2011-10-11

djbarney Wrote:works here, has been working for as long as mq3 has been out for me as well Smile

and by this you mean the Last.FM button on the home screen that starts playing recommended playlists etc.... not just scrobbling Huh

CHeers for the reply