Kodi Community Forum
Release skin.touched (touch screen skin currently iPad 4x3) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Touched (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=180)
+----- Thread: Release skin.touched (touch screen skin currently iPad 4x3) (/showthread.php?tid=107831)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- alex.ba - 2011-09-17

Thank you for the quick reply.

I use a Windows Ultimate so that should be fine. But if you add this scrollbars (at least asy an option as you alreay wrote) perfect :-) That would solve it.

Regards,

Alex

- pb505 - 2011-09-19

Jezz_X Wrote:It does already have scrollbars they just only show if your scrolling Smile I'll add a skin option to have them always on

I had seen the scroll bars, but couldn't select them.

Thanks a lot for adding an option to make them selectable Smile

- AdulteratedJedi - 2011-09-21

Very Nice work.

Thanks mate

AJ

- avdim - 2011-09-21

Can you explain what is the reason this wonderful skin is not in the default build for iOS at least and should be installed separately?

- Jezz_X - 2011-09-21

avdim Wrote:Can you explain what is the reason this wonderful skin is not in the default build for iOS at least and should be installed separately?

because I haven't been bothered to take it that far yet mostly Smile and I'm not sure we can have 2 defaults in the c++ code (one for ios one for everything else) since there is a lot of fallback code if people install dud skins or skins have errors

And option 2 is not too sure I'm finished at a state of should be default even though it increases usability by 500% on iPads (IMHO of course)

- avdim - 2011-09-21

Maybe at least it should be placed in repository?

Volume up/down buttons? - plagerwerf - 2011-09-24

This is by far the best touch skin I have seen! I am using it on Win7 system with touch screen (duh) and no keyboard. My screen has no hardware volume adjustment buttons, so I have to use my PC-speaker volume dial.
Can I request on screen volume up/down buttons?

Audio questions - ilikesushi - 2011-09-25

Firstly, excellent skin! Really great work.

I am running v.0.8.5 of your skin on an iPad 2 with XBMC (PRE-11.0, Git: 20110923-948748f - nightly build) installed.

A couple of questions for you:

1) I was just wondering if the skin can support song lyrics. I noticed a lyrics add-on ("CU Lyrics"), but this seems to require the ability to execute scripts, and mentions the need to activate an OSD button. Any chance that this is compatible with your excellent skin?

2) I don't see any info come up associated with songs. I have installed add-ons for "artist information" and "album information", but don't see any of this during audio playback. Is this a skin limitation? Perhaps this is just me not setting things up properly...

3) I have noticed that Media Info for songs (a banner that includes the Artist, Album and Song title, plus related image/if available) and controls (rewind, stop, pause, ffw, and song slider position bar) doesn't come up automatically when I click on a song in my library. The song starts to play and there is an "info bubble" on the top left of the ipad screen saying "Now Playing" -- I need to click this in order to see the Media Info and controls come up. I was wondering if a setting could be made to have these essential elements auto appear?

4) There may be a small graphical glitch I have noticed associated with song playback. If I start up a song, bring up the audio controls at bottom of screen, press stop - the interface goes back to the song directory I was just in - then immediately start up the same or another song, the stop button is still highlighted.

Sorry for the long post ... just wanted to provide feedback to support a great development project!

Thanks!

- Jezz_X - 2011-09-25

1) Lyrics is on the to do list
2) if your talking fullscreen playback then yeah its not there not sure what to do about it to be honest but taping the screen to get the osd up will make it show
3) guess that depends on what you class as essential Smile there is play/pause / next previous and basic info
4) not sure about that one never noticed it As for the stop button still being highlighted yeah its a side effect of touch screen in xbmc I may be able to work around it though

- Jezz_X - 2011-09-25

plagerwerf Wrote:This is by far the best touch skin I have seen! I am using it on Win7 system with touch screen (duh) and no keyboard. My screen has no hardware volume adjustment buttons, so I have to use my PC-speaker volume dial.
Can I request on screen volume up/down buttons?

Will see what I can do

- XeOS - 2011-09-25

Great skin! I'm loving it, very friendly in use. You already did a huge amount of work on it. Thank you!

2 things that I have noticed so far that might be able to help in further dev.
1) It seem gestures are not working on my Win 7 Enterprise tablet. It does work in other apps. I guess it got broken somewhere along the way.
2) Another issue is that sometimes it's not possible to close the video/subtitle/sound overlay windows while playing a video.

- NineT9mustang - 2011-09-29

Just got my iPad2 jailbroken, immediately installed xbmc, and immediately installed this skin!

I absolutely love this skin! Perfect touch based skin, easy to navigate, feels right along the lines of a real apple app too (layout/graphics) so superb job there!

not a lot of work for improvement either... this is just my first night, down the road I'll come back and give an update for any improvements needed!

Great work Jezz!

- moontan77 - 2011-10-01

Are gestures working with Linux? Or is it just iOS and win 7?

- Jezz_X - 2011-10-01

Definitly not Linux it should work in windows 7 but apparently it doesn't Sad must of got broken along the way when iOS support was added

EDIT P.S this is not a skin thing its a xbmc/OS thing

- pooh - 2011-10-05

a simple thanks for this excellent skin for the iPAD!