Kodi Community Forum
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. (/showthread.php?tid=107997)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - drawmonster - 2012-04-27

Any screenshots or anything for this working? How seamless is it? The horrible netflix plugin is the only reason I use Mediabrowser over XBMC. My wife and son are avid Netflix users, and XBMCFlicks sucks. Hard to use and full of bugs. The Mediabrowser plugin is better in every way.

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - crimsonfury - 2012-04-27

This is that same plugin! It just opens straight to it and minimizes xbmc in the background! It works pretty fluid. It is totally worth the switch from the clunky mediabrowser! I switched and havent looked back! XBMC has so so so much more to offer!

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - drawmonster - 2012-04-27

(2012-04-27, 18:43)crimsonfury Wrote: This is that same plugin! It just opens straight to it and minimizes xbmc in the background! It works pretty fluid. It is totally worth the switch from the clunky mediabrowser! I switched and havent looked back! XBMC has so so so much more to offer!

I definitely agree. XBMC is "THE" frontend to use, but the XMBCFlicks was the big issue. My family use Netflix a lot, and had trouble with the XBMCFlicks plugin. I'll definitely be reinstalling and test this program to see if it will work for them.

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - crimsonfury - 2012-04-28

I love this PlugIn but my only problem is it doesnt work if you have your remote with the "Big Green Button" and you either disable WMC or change the ehshell.exe to load xbmc instead of WMC when you click the Big Green Button. I will have to figure something else out.... Because I love my Gyration remote!

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - Zellig - 2012-05-13

Wow! This works really well and IMO it's the most seamless solution to using Netflix in XBMC. Thank you!

Now that I've seen this, I am hoping that there is something identical, but for MCE TV and/or MCE TV Guide. It'd be great to jus press a button and open directly either MCE Live TV or MCE's TV Guide.

An ideas if this plugin can be modified to MCE TV?

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - jeffdub - 2012-06-20

Hi Tuxen,

Do you know if your method will work with Vista's Media Center as well? I get an autohotkeys script error that it failed to launch the program in line 13 which is: Run, windowsmediacenterapp:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}?EntryPointParameters=. Before finding your thread, I'd found a similar article online, downloaded autohotkeys, and created my own script which gave me the exact same error. I've tried executing this line from a run command but get a windows error message indicating that no program is associated with the file. Both work fine on my desktop computer that runs windows 7. I've also tried starting WMC using variations of the /entrypoint parameter to see if I could get that to work. No luck there either.

I'm guessing that Vista's Media Center handles the Netflix app differently and either there's another way to launch it or you simply can't do it. Worst case I can probably use Eventghost or script the key presses, but wanted to see if you had any thoughts or advice.

Thanks.

Jeff

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - tuxen - 2012-06-20

Yes you need to run ehshell with a different parameter than /entrypoint.
Unfortunately I lost the message where I discussed this. But try launching:
Code:
C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe -launchcoded:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}
in a command shell.

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - jeffdub - 2012-06-21

Hi Tuxen,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, using -launchcoded as the parameter didn't work either. WMC starts up as it would normally and seems to be ignoring the parameter completely. Tried /launchcoded, /launchcode, -launchcoded, -launchcode all with the same result. Any other thoughts? Do you think the application and entry point guids might be different for Vista WMC?

UPDATE: I ended up just launching WMC in an autohotkey script and then using "send {Left}{Enter}" to launch netflix. Works so far and you don't even see the WMC's menu screen. Next challenge is the getting netflix to recognize the standard shortcuts for play/pause (control-shift-p) or even the space bar. I discovered this was a known problem in the version I have (2.0.0). This is the latest version I can find for Vista and am going to try to revert to a beta version (1.1.14) to see if the shortcuts work and it's not too buggy. And yes I should upgrade to windows 7 but don't want to invest any more $ in my HTPC. Sigh...

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - LakersFan - 2012-08-05

Hi Tuxen,
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for this. It works great for Netflix.

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - iamjustme - 2012-09-29

great plug-in, use it all the time. but would it be too much to ask for a hulu desktop version? thanks

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - LakersFan - 2013-02-14

Hi Tuxen,
I regularly use this plugin and recently updated to Frodo, which seems to have broken this. Any plans to get it working? Or maybe it already does if I tweak something?

Thanks!

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - LakersFan - 2013-02-15

Disregard. I didn't realize I needed to update Adv Launcher to the Frodo compatible version. I did that and this works perfect again.

Thanks!!

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - NewYears1978 - 2013-05-10

Can you do one for TV Guide and Live TV also?

I have them working but they interfere with yours with my exit commands..I need them all to be yours so exit functions correctly.

Thanks for these, love it.

I would have tried to write my own but there is something you do in your version that corrects the proxy error and other errors I get (such as video error when going direct to Live TV and proxy error when direct to netflix)

But since you have PW protected I can't look and see what that code is.

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - NewYears1978 - 2013-05-24

Could you please tell me what command you put in your netflix script to prevent the Unable to Display page error? Or provide the source please!

RE: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - RobbieWilkes - 2013-07-13

Just wanted to say thanks for this! The only reason we really needed to go into MediaCenter these days was to use Netflix.

I had actually sat down and wrote a quick batch file to launch Netflix from XBMC, using the following command:

start %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe -launchcoded:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}

It worked, but I found that, when it exited using the normal back key of the remote, rather than escape, (trying to avoid the need for a keyboard as much as possible), it took us back into MediaCenter. Your great app solved that problem. I just set the EXITKEY to backspace, and I'm out and back into XBMC.

However, as with my original script, I have noticed that when exiting Netflix in this manner, it leaves an instance of ehshell.exe running. In fact, it will leave another instance each time you re-start and exit, which could, eventually, cause problem.

I had resolved it in my script by checking for the application and, if found, killing it. Now I've just incorporated snetflix into my script, and it's working beautifully. To follow is what I've done:

--------------------------------------
@echo off
cls
tasklist /fi "imagename eq ehshell.exe" | find /i "ehshell.exe">NUL || goto SNETFLIX
taskkill /f /fi "imagename eq ehshell.exe"

:SNETFLIX
SNETFLIX.EXE
REM start %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe -launchcoded:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}

tasklist /fi "imagename eq ehshell.exe" | find /i "ehshell.exe">NUL || goto EXIT
taskkill /f /fi "imagename eq ehshell.exe"

:EXIT
--------------------------------------

Simple enough!

Thanks again for your hard work!!

All my best,

Robbie Wilkes