Kodi Community Forum
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. (/showthread.php?tid=107997)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- tuxen - 2011-10-04

Hi TerranQ,
Hmm that sounds very weird, I have not tested the .ini file properly since I always use ESC, so I have only tested with a few examples like x, CTRL+x, ALT+CTRL etc. Could you write in code brackets what's in your snetflix.ini. As I can not replicate your error, I just tried a few examples again and they work.

I know there is a bug if you exit WMC manually instead of using the button, the exe will hang, I thought this was the last thing on my to do list before calling it v1.0.
After the exe hangs and XBMC is still minimized, have you tried pressing the exit button(s) again?

But if you have problem, there might be something I overlooked though I can not see what it could be right now. Sending me your file, I might be able to replicate the bug, and maybe it will jump out to me eyes in the source. :)

EDIT: I would also like to try a different approach the file was a different version than the latest, dunno how that happened, probably from setting all this up again.
But could you try downloading it again and not touch snetflix.ini and see if you get the same error, anyways download snetflix.exe again as the size seemed to differ, how that happen I do not know.

And always remember don't hesitate to ask, most answers are dumber than questions. :)

Best regards tuxen

- TerranQ - 2011-10-04

OK, I'll redownload it when I get home later today. Thanks tuxen!

P.S-I installed hulu desktop using your guide and it works perfectly (I'm in Canada). Great job!

- tuxen - 2011-10-04

I am sure we will figure out the bug in the Netflix also version if it isn't fixed when you get home.
Have a nice work day, it's 22:41 over here. Chilling on my sofa and dozing of.. Heh.

Regards tuxen

- TerranQ - 2011-10-05

Hey tuxen, I just tried the new download, and it's the same thing. If I run the exe on its own, it brings up the splash screen and opens netflix, and my designated exit key from the ini closes it down perfectly. If I open it from xbmc using executor, there's no splash screen, it opens netflix, and my designated exit key does nothing. I have to alt-tab to the desktop and right-click then exit the exe, then close media center. I'm kind of stumped, if I'm the only one having this issue.

- tuxen - 2011-10-05

Heys,
You don't happen to run nightly beta's do you?
Because I just tried it on a nightly and it does not work, there is something broken between the nightly beta and the Executer plugin. I have a Dharma installed on the same computer and here it works fine. In fact I have 3 computers that I tested on with no problems. With nightlys; no go!

You can try this for yourself, it takes no more than 5 minutes.

1. Get the official Dharma 10.1 http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/xbmc-10.1.exe
2. Install it into C:\XBMCP and use XBMCP as the name in the start menu.
3. Modify the XBMC shortcut in the start menu under XBMCP so it reads C:\XBMCP\XBMC.exe -p
This makes it run in portable mode so it keeps it's files in C:\XBMCP and does not touch your current XBMC installation.

Here is an example, BEWARE yours should ofcause read C:\XBMCP\XBMC.exe -p

4. Run the modified shortcut from start menu in XBMCP, you should now have a "fresh" install with the Confluence skin.
5. Go to settings->addons and install the Executer plugin from the official XBMC repository.
6. Go to programs and run the Executer plugin then point it to snetflix.exe.
7. Run the new Executer shortcut you just made.
8. I bet it works now!

Sorry but there's nothing I can do, it has absolutely nothing todo with my file.
It's the XBMC beta software, I warned about this before. :/

You can uninstall the Dharma version again or keep it for testing, 2 versions of XBMC's will run fine on the same computer, just remember to add the -p for portable mode on your Dharma test installation.

EDIT:
If I were you.. Heh. Funny expression. I would have it setup the other way around, so that your main XBMC is Dharma or whatever stable official build, and the test XBMC would be a nightly. But that require a whole new installation of the two, you can of cause save some time by exporting your database, but all settings will be lost.

But in the end that's really the right way to do it.

Best regards tuxen

- tuxen - 2011-10-05

Just to be clear it worked somewhat as you described when using an XBMC beta.
And no, snetflix.exe was not the only program that behaved weird. All programs that I tried did.

Regards tuxen

- TerranQ - 2011-10-05

D'oh! Yeah, I'm running a nightly. That would explain it. I didn't even think of that, I installed it a while back. Sorry about that tuxen, and thanks for the help

- tuxen - 2011-10-05

Use my suggestion above, run official builds as main XBMC, and nightlys in portable mode.
That way you at least always test it first ;) IMHO nightlys are daily nightmares, there is always something broken, its natural if nothing was broken nothing is happening in the code, plus you will never know what is broken because you can not get support.

Regards tuxen

- tuxen - 2011-10-05

@TerranQ, I just thought of something, have you tried using the Launcher plugin instead?
The plugin still behaved very oddly in the nightly, but at least I could exit WMC Netflix with ESC.
I still recommend the solution in the previous post's though. ;)

Regards tuxen

- tuxen - 2011-10-22

Shameless bump. Sorry Smile
Changed web server, hopefully this will fix the endless daily crashes.
Also it's a tiny bit faster.. Heh.

Best regards tuxen

- orthodoxmonster - 2011-11-02

First of all, just want to say thank you for your work. It really is the best alternative right now. Its a shame there isn't an equal XBMC solution as of yet. Anyway everything is fine except I noticed that if I allow an episode to run till the end, WMC freezes. I can still exit to XBMC but I have to kill the WMC process in order to reload the plugin. I didn't notice the problem for a while since I usually just stop the stream before the credits end. Im wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue.

- tuxen - 2011-11-02

orthodoxmonster Wrote:First of all, just want to say thank you for your work. It really is the best alternative right now. Its a shame there isn't an equal XBMC solution as of yet. Anyway everything is fine except I noticed that if I allow an episode to run till the end, WMC freezes. I can still exit to XBMC but I have to kill the WMC process in order to reload the plugin. I didn't notice the problem for a while since I usually just stop the stream before the credits end. Im wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue.

Yes, you are right I encountered it to recently, also because I usually stop it before all the end credits, I have not tryid just starting WMC and see if it crashes, I think it will otherwise it's very odd. If you try it before me please leave a message. And if it only happens with snetflix.exe I will look into it.

Thanks and Best regards tuxen

- orthodoxmonster - 2011-11-03

I just tryied it out and Im only having the problem when I use snetflix. I wonder why it would cause it to freeze.

- tuxen - 2011-11-03

orthodoxmonster Wrote:I just tryied it out and Im only having the problem when I use snetflix. I wonder why it would cause it to freeze.

Weird me to, the script is very simple making it even simpler with better ideas to write code over the deferent versions. I of cause assume that you are using Dharma right? I'll try dig the code and have a look or maybe post it, and see if anybody sees something what could be wrong, if there is interest.

Best regards tuxen

- orthodoxmonster - 2011-11-03

I dont really mind the issue. It was just something I had noticed, and I thought id mention it. I Partially wondered if it was just my machine acting up. And yes im running dharma.

thanks again for all the work