Kodi Community Forum
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible. (/showthread.php?tid=107997)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- orthodoxmonster - 2011-11-03

I think its my setup that is the problem. I decided to test it out on my laptop and I didn't have the same issue. Maybe I need a fresh install.

- tuxen - 2011-11-03

orthodoxmonster Wrote:I think its my setup that is the problem. I decided to test it out on my laptop and I didn't have the same issue. Maybe I need a fresh install.

I have a feeling it happened with the last update for silverlight not so long ago in windows update. :/

EDIT: Was the one not working a 64 bit windows, and the one that worked a 32 bit windows?

Best regards tuxen

- orthodoxmonster - 2011-11-04

So I was about to uninstall XBMC to do a fresh install, and I saw the plug in for WMC that makes switching into XBMC an option from the menu. I decided to uninstall that first. (I think its been broken for a while anyways.) Im pretty sure that fixed it. I don't know if you have the same thing, but iv'e tried it a few time and snetflix is working without the previously mentioned issue. It even cut the load time between XBMC and WMC.

oh and to answer the question both computers are 64bit. Laptop was a fresh install of XBMC and netflix plugin for WMC

- tuxen - 2011-11-08

orthodoxmonster Wrote:So I was about to uninstall XBMC to do a fresh install, and I saw the plug in for WMC that makes switching into XBMC an option from the menu. I decided to uninstall that first. (I think its been broken for a while anyways.) Im pretty sure that fixed it. I don't know if you have the same thing, but iv'e tried it a few time and snetflix is working without the previously mentioned issue. It even cut the load time between XBMC and WMC.

oh and to answer the question both computers are 64bit. Laptop was a fresh install of XBMC and netflix plugin for WMC

Ok. I don't think I have that installed, is it a special plugin?

Best regards tuxen

- tuxen - 2011-11-08

Dear all,
The scripts for launching Netflix, Hulu, and so on (check the first post) are compatible with the latest pre-Eden now. Instead of using the executer plugin use the Launcher, they are almost the identical, if you just use the stand alone exe feature, not the mame rom part.

Here is a link to the one that I use: http://81.161.149.87:8080/launcher/

Best regards tuxen

- ivseenbetter - 2011-11-16

Loving this pluggin and it works 90%...but I'm having the issue where it hangs if the episode goes all the way to the end. It works fine if I stop it prior to the end though. I see a few of you have noticed the same problem, was there a solution found yet?

Thanks!

- tuxen - 2011-11-17

ivseenbetter Wrote:Loving this pluggin and it works 90%...but I'm having the issue where it hangs if the episode goes all the way to the end. It works fine if I stop it prior to the end though. I see a few of you have noticed the same problem, was there a solution found yet?

Thanks!

Hi there, and thanks.
Like with orthodoxmonster, this problem went away for me to.
Weird.. I can't put my finger on what it could have been, I'll try look it over though.

Best regards tuxen

- ivseenbetter - 2011-11-17

Thanks. I will keep playing with it and see if it goes away for me too. I'll post if it does.

- ivseenbetter - 2011-11-18

Great news! It just went away on it's own. Works fine now. I didn't do anything to it...weird. But hey, it is working now. Thanks again for a terrific solution.

- Sotuma - 2011-11-20

Thanks for this, works almost flawlessly for me.

I have one problem with it however. I run on a multi-monitor setup hooked to my TV, which is fine, but it seems whenever I close out to return to XBMC it forces XBMC back to my primary monitor. Not the monitor I have running XBMC normally. Also the splash screen displays on the primary monitor as well.

Is there a way I can make it remember?

- tuxen - 2011-11-21

Sotuma Wrote:Thanks for this, works almost flawlessly for me.

I have one problem with it however. I run on a multi-monitor setup hooked to my TV, which is fine, but it seems whenever I close out to return to XBMC it forces XBMC back to my primary monitor. Not the monitor I have running XBMC normally. Also the splash screen displays on the primary monitor as well.

Is there a way I can make it remember?

I remember looking into that when making the script, and it required a large amount of extra code/time to implement autodetection of multimonitor support.
However if its easy I can make a setting in the ini file where you can specify which monitor to run it on.

I'll have a look at it after work or tomorrrow.

Best regards tuxen

- Sotuma - 2011-11-21

Hope it's possible, thanks so much for looking into it. Would be perfect Big Grin

- AtomicCEO - 2011-11-25

tuxen Wrote:I have a feeling it happened with the last update for silverlight not so long ago in windows update. :/

EDIT: Was the one not working a 64 bit windows, and the one that worked a 32 bit windows?

Best regards tuxen

I found this thread discussion on a Google search for this issue (Netflix on WMC locking after stream ends). It's not just users of XBMC or some script that links to Netflix... it's happening for lots of people.

I was having the issue, and just upgraded to the beta release of Silverlight 5, and the problem seems to have gone away. Hopefully it fixes it for you folks as well.

- ivseenbetter - 2011-12-07

Netflix started locking up on me again. I'm going to try upgrading to Silverlight 5 to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks!

- Sotuma - 2011-12-08

Sorry to bother, and I know you do it on your free time but have you had any luck with that monitor issue, tuxen?