Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon (/showthread.php?tid=108124)

- BlueCop - 2011-11-04

dawoods: there were no code changes. just database updates.

I have seen that error though. restarting xbmc always fixed it. it is something with the urllib2 ssl code. It just won't establish an ssl connection sometimes. I have experienced it but don't know how to reproduce it.

- Anubis - 2011-11-04

Hello BlueCop,

I was very exited to find this plugin. I downloaded the link from the OP , installed it and it wouldn't work. I updated the librtmp.dll as it was suggested without any changes in performance. I've checked my amazon username/pass and I am using the correct ones. Xbmc is XBMC-20111103 nightly ( updated it from the 10.1 version I was using to get this plugin to work)

My log is bellow, I am sorry to ask but do you have any ideas?

http://pastebin.com/1g1dt4U7
Amazon App Version: 0.3.7

TIA!

- BlueCop - 2011-11-04

you are missing the mechanize module. it is installed when you install the plugin because it is listed as a dependancy. try to uninstall and reinstall. if that doesnt help check the logs of while installing to look for problems.

- Anubis - 2011-11-04

Worked. Thank you SO much!

- mushupork595 - 2011-11-06

BlueCop Wrote:mushupork595: it works fine.

There is a problem some people are experiencing where the context menu items parameters are losing their quotation marks when executed. This will cause them to fail. it seems xbmc is removing them.

I don't know who is effected by this or which versions. I haven't replicated it.

For me, it doesn't work on XBMC Live or OpenElec. As a test, I installed XBMC on windows 7 and favorites are working there. Maybe it is just a linux issue. The plugin version shows 0.3.7. XBMCLive and OpenElec are the stable versions available for download now (not the nightly builds). I've been looking on my windows install where these favorites would be saved to (an xml file or something). I as thinking that while it is still not working on my other systems, I could just create the favorites in windows and then copy the config file over to the other systems.

- atv_xbmc - 2011-11-08

Any chance this plug-in can be made on ATV1? After replacing librtmp.so I managed to get it to work on mac but ATV is still no go...

- BlueCop - 2011-11-08

I thought I linked to this before. it was the top google search result.

librtmp for atv1
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=839939&postcount=8

further down in the thread is confirmation of it working for atv1

- atv_xbmc - 2011-11-08

It sure worked like a charm! thank you.

- Lunatixz - 2011-11-12

is there any way to setup auto update for my library?

- BlueCop - 2011-11-12

you wouldn't want to do that and no there isn't.

there is a shitload of requests to amazon to get a complete list of their data. It doesn't request data it already has but it still insane.

if one were to build a new database it would require 192 listing pages requests plus 2,296 movie page requests for meta. for tv is would be 72 listing pages and 890 season page request.

when updating it will always take at a minimum of 192(number of movies/12) pages requests to refresh movies and 72(number of seasons/12) to refresh tv. This doesn't include any new content meta requests.

This is because amazon doesn't provide a mechanism to access show lists or large movie lists. Their "release" listings are seemingly strange. new content is sometimes in the middle when it shouldn't be. it seems arbitrary how they order their content at times.

I looked in the amazon api to reduce this but they limit the item return on that as well. I didn't know anything that would make the situation better so didn't really feel like coding anything for it.

I have been hacking my roku 2 XD box alot lately though. I should have a flash dump soon when my nand clip gets here so i can tear apart some of the amazon prime bright script. I have been trying to reverse the jtag pins and uart as well. I am still early in trying to crack the box open though. It is fun to do some hardware hacking again.

The amazon app for roku uses a different data source and we might be able to use it better. I am not sure yet almost everything they do is over tls/ssl.

I have found a lot of interesting things playing on the roku though. I can't wait to try to crack open the netflix 1080p h264 5.1 streams. I am pretty sure they are using HLS for streaming so could be used in xbmc.

any curious hardware people might want to check the roku tear down.
http://www.mycablealternatives.com/2011/07/roku-2-xs-teardown/
it is a capable little box hardware wise. it seems to have the same processor as the rassberrypi box

- Lunatixz - 2011-11-12

BlueCop Wrote:you wouldn't want to do that and no there isn't.

there is a shitload of requests to amazon to get a complete list of their data. It doesn't request data it already has but it still insane.

if one were to build a new database it would require 192 listing pages requests plus 2,296 movie page requests for meta. for tv is would be 72 listing pages and 890 season page request.

when updating it will always take at a minimum of 192(number of movies/12) pages requests to refresh movies and 72(number of seasons/12) to refresh tv. This doesn't include any new content meta requests.

This is because amazon doesn't provide a mechanism to access show lists or large movie lists. Their "release" listings are seemingly strange. new content is sometimes in the middle when it shouldn't be. it seems arbitrary how they order their content at times.

I looked in the amazon api to reduce this but they limit the item return on that as well. I didn't know anything that would make the situation better so didn't really feel like coding anything for it.

I have been hacking my roku 2 XD box alot lately though. I should have a flash dump soon when my nand clip gets here so i can tear apart some of the amazon prime bright script. I have been trying to reverse the jtag pins and uart as well. I am still early in trying to crack the box open though. It is fun to do some hardware hacking again.

The amazon app for roku uses a different data source and we might be able to use it better. I am not sure yet almost everything they do is over tls/ssl.

I have found a lot of interesting things playing on the roku though. I can't wait to try to crack open the netflix 1080p h264 5.1 streams. I am pretty sure they are using HLS for streaming so could be used in xbmc.

any curious hardware people might want to check the roku tear down.
http://www.mycablealternatives.com/2011/07/roku-2-xs-teardown/
it is a capable little box hardware wise. it seems to have the same processor as the rassberrypi box

thanks for the quick response...
I under stand your concern; this was a problem mentioned when the original my.library script was made (Icefilms wasn't to happy with the traffic).

I'm going to play around with a few ideas I have to get around this problem...
btw thanks for your hard work love the plugins...

- rice rocket - 2011-11-15

BlueCop Wrote:I was running a database updates now to post later.

I am not sure about the errors. Maybe it is the way they are launched from the context items. I am not sure right now. Let me know if you there is anything that fixes it.

what xbmc version are you using?

I've been using 10.1 stable. I haven't been able to find a workaround. Sad

BlueCop Wrote:thats strange the parameters are losing their " quote marks. I don't know what is causing this.

I committed some updated databases. I was having a problem with movie duplicates that confused me a bit. It also is I find it missing seasons on occasion for tv shows. I am not sure the best way to get a complete list anymore their listings fluctuate so much.

Would you be able to provide tv.db and movies.db files in a zip file for those of us that are having these problems with quotes?

- BlueCop - 2011-11-15

i dont understand what a zip would do. what does that accomplish? just update the plugin they are included.

it is a bug in xbmc as far as I can tell. it is fixed in recent releases.

- Banditt - 2011-11-16

Can you tell me where this saves the favorites on a windows machine? I have a Pre-Eden box that allows me to set favorites and a dharma one that errors out when I try to add something to favorites.

I want to move the favorites list from one to the other but I can't find where it is saved. Thanks

- BlueCop - 2011-11-16

it doesn't have a list. it is stored in the sqlite database. they are in add on data directory for plugin.video.amazon.