Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon (/showthread.php?tid=108124)

- diatonic - 2012-02-08

blesser Wrote:Hi,
Here is a link to my log file:
http://pastebin.com/MxkSFUKa

Thank you in advance!

Your problem is shown on line 142: "drm":"FLASH_ACCESS"

You're welcome!

- blesser - 2012-02-08

Bummer! Does this mean I'm cooked?

Can't play content - jfath - 2012-02-08

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04. I've compiled and installed librtmp 2.4 from git and searched my system to make sure an old version isn't lurking somewhere. I'm running a nightly XBMC Eden build from PPA.

Hulu and ESPN work with no problems, but when trying to play anything using the Amazon plugin. I get a pause, then 'one or more items failed to play'. My movies show up as expected, so I think I'm logging in OK.

Looking at the log: http://pastebin.com/1n20pJ9s

I see a warning that looks like an old version of rtmp, but I just pulled an re-built to make sure (same warning):
WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9

Everything continues normally including:
14:13:50 T:2701282160 INFO: HandShake: Genuine Adobe Flash Media Server
14:13:50 T:2701282160 INFO: HandShake: Handshaking finished....
14:13:50 T:2701282160 INFO: RTMP_Connect1, handshaked

But eventually:

14:13:57 T:2701282160 ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header

I looked for references to DRM in the log but found none.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

- BlueCop - 2012-02-08

jfath: could you post more of that log. The lines directly above what you posted has needed information. when installing librtmp did you use prefix=/usr ? it defaults to prefix=/usr/local and won't be used by xbmc.

I think I have a solution to the flash access problems. They won't serve my flash access videos to my account so I can't test right now. I will try it on my friends connection. I know I am paranoid but I think I am singled out.

apparently the flash access module is downloaded separately and executed by the flash plugin. this seems horrible. I couldn't even attempt to reverse any code they run without the module. It seems really shady to have a feature of the program excluded but instead downloaded. This seems so wrong to me. I would never want to run flash knowing it was executing code outside my control and they can dynamically change at will.

This was all introduced in flash 10.1 and was most likely a response to rtmpdump/librtmp. They have lost the battle on rtmpe and swf verification. Adobe called these DRM when they are really just a secure transport method and client authentication.

Flash Access actually encrypts the files on the rtmp server and you get a license token used to decrypt it.

Currently we have a license token and rtmp link for flash access available to us. the rtmp link works fine with librtmp but content is now encrypted so xbmc can't find codecs to decode it. The license token is used by the Flash Access black box to decrypt the video and audio so it can be decoded.

This is full DRM so trying to reverse it is illegal in my country under the DMCA. I am not a lawyer but this is my understanding. It just seem unlikely a legal option to use Flash Access content in XBMC will happen. We can just try to avoid them serving them to us.

- jfath - 2012-02-09

Sure - sorry

http://pastebin.com/At2iVsZN

I put a copy of librtmp in /usr/loca/lib and /usr/lib but I did not specify a prefix during build. Maybe that's the problem? There are no other versions on my system and the log didn't indicate failure loading, so I assumed the install was OK.

Thanks for the help and the great addons.

Edit: Did sudo make install prefix=/usr. Closed and re-opened XBMC. Still the same error with the same warning and errors in the log.

Thanks!! - odoylerules - 2012-02-09

I created an account just so that i could say thanks. I really appreciate these addons you are putting out. They take my ATV2 to a whole different level.

- karrde - 2012-02-09

CCrew Wrote:Based on Bluecop's note in the Hulu plugin thread he's pretty much gotten tired of a lot of ungrateful users giving him grief. Sad that it comes to that, but it really only takes a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone.

We're all in the same boat, I just bought a second ATV2 today figuring I'd set it up like the first. Back to the Roku for Hulu I guess Sad

Ack!!! I just found this plugin yesterday Sad

I'm sorry to hear this since it seems to be a great plugin. I know that it can be hard to put up with the haters and the ones who demand attention when you're giving them your effort for nothing. I hope the support and encouragement that you do recieve from others can change your mind. Maybe the answer is to just delete the Hulu plugin Wink

Either way, thank you again Bluecop, and good luck in the future.

- sarumont - 2012-02-09

BlueCop Wrote:I think I have a solution to the flash access problems. They won't serve my flash access videos to my account so I can't test right now. I will try it on my friends connection. I know I am paranoid but I think I am singled out.

BlueCop: I can reliably get the Flash DRM crap with my account. Let me know if you'd like any additional testing done; I'd be glad to help out (especially if it means my Prime account *won't* become worthless for video...).

- BlueCop - 2012-02-09

sarumont: I haven't had luck. I started getting Flash Access DRM on some videos today.

I thought reporting an older flash version to the server would perhaps let us avoid flash access completely. It was only introduced in flash 10.1. It didn't change if flash access was served to you though.

An option would be to launch a browser with the embedded version of the video to play. This would work for flash access videos. I am looking into how some of the other plugins do this. I know it isn't ideal and will only work on certain platforms(not atv2). It will at least work on all videos. I despise flash and try to avoid it. It seems the only option.

I will add a warning about the video being flash access drm encoded before starting playback. You can then launch a browser session or not play the video.

It will then let you play natively in xbmc what isn't converted to flash access drm yet.

- TheCasa - 2012-02-10

I'm working on a letter to Amazon using Jeff Bezos's own words about Amazon providing your content the way you want it. Amazon is usually very good at responding to CS requests, so I'll post the letter and response when I get it. I'm basically going to ask them for an API that will allow them to protect the content from piracy, but allow their subscribers to access the content in the way that best suits them. They obviously already have API tools or they wouldn't have all the different tv/blu-ray players/etc with apps to access the content. They just need to open it up.

- earlbob - 2012-02-11

Thanks for continue to work on this Bluecop, I really appreciate it. I can't believe Amazon would pull a stunt like this, given how dependant their business is from the top down on Linux. Almost everything there is Linux.

I'm betting this was forced on them as a restriction by some of the corporations they had to get license approval from.

PS I'm in the same boat - plugin broken with drm.

- jweber72 - 2012-02-12

Hi All,

Complete noob here, so please excuse my naivety. Amazon wont play for me either, but I was kinda wondering how my roku player is able to handle the streams from amazon correctly and if it would be possible to access amazon prime videos in xbmc by way of the roku?

Thanks

- BlueCop - 2012-02-12

jweber72: I have been researching that possibility. They use http live streaming and should be workable there. I have a roku I have been tearing down and checking how things work. mainly because I want the 1080p netflix streaming it has.

- jweber72 - 2012-02-12

I'd be happy to help in anyway possible... I started researching a way to understand and capture whats going on with the Roku last night, but wasnt able to come up with much of anything.

BlueCop Wrote:jweber72: I have been researching that possibility. They use http live streaming and should be workable there. I have a roku I have been tearing down and checking how things work. mainly because I want the 1080p netflix streaming it has.

"favorited" - wgscott - 2012-02-18

I am a newcomer to XBMC and the Amazon plug-in, which was my main motivation for installing XBMC on my Mac mini and my ATV2. Both work quite well. For whatever reason, the plug-in seems more stable on ATV2.

I've read this thread and poked around quite a bit, but I still have absolutely no clue how to use the "favorited" functionality.

I realize this is likely a RTFM question, but I honestly don't know where to begin, so any pointers would really help. (I have no problems with doing this via file editing and the command-line, if that is what is involved.)

Also, thanks very much for doing this.