Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon (/showthread.php?tid=108124)

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - marcmerlin - 2012-05-27

I think they've been switching between libraries that are encrypted and some that were not.
It's also possible that their DRM failed them and that they turned it off for a while until they could 'fix' the problem, and screw everyone else over (like us) again.
What a waste of time considering how many ways I can rip a perfect copy of the video off the flash player. One more time, the pirate is not stopped and the honest paying customer is screwed. Yeah content managers!

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - ptzink - 2012-05-29

As a side note, I see that Amazon has added a "watchlist" feature for Prime members. https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/watchlist?ie=UTF8&ref_=amb_link_363219882_2. I would love to see watchlist integration with the XBMC library via this add on. Of course I guess it doesn't really matter if this DRM crap persists.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - dudemeister53 - 2012-05-30

I emailed Amazon about this and this is the response they gave me:

"Hello,

I'm sorry at this time Prime Instant Videos cannot be streamed via XBMC interface. Since XMBC connects to Amazon Instant Video store using Unbox player and Unbox player doesn't support Prime video streaming, You wont be able to watch Prime videos using XMBC interface.

Thanks for letting us know what you want from our digital video service. Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve the service our Amazon Instant Video store provides.

I've forwarded your feedback to our Amazon Instant Video team for consideration as we make future improvements.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=cghwbvwb3448195721

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=cghwbvwb3448195721

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best Regards,

Sravanth

Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company. "

Since videos that I've purchased play fine in the Unbox player I would tend to disagree with what the tech rep was saying, but I'm not too sure as I'm fairly new to XBMC. However, it did make me wonder whether or not the add-on simply needs a refreshed call to the updated version of Unbox?

Thoughts?

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Citizen_Seven - 2012-05-30

Does XBMC use the unbox player? I'm pretty sure I've never installed unbox, so unless the add-in installs it, I don't think this is right. Futhermore, as I understand it, Prime videos have never played in unbox which was the main reason I never installed it, as I recall. And yet, this plugin has worked for the most part for quite a while. To add some additional confusion, MI3 still plays for me in XBMC ( I just checked it). It's prime, as far as I know it doesn't use unbox, and yet it plays for me but not others. Very confusing.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Lowen SoDium - 2012-05-31

(2012-05-30, 18:53)Citizen_Seven Wrote: Does XBMC use the unbox player? I'm pretty sure I've never installed unbox, so unless the add-in installs it, I don't think this is right. Futhermore, as I understand it, Prime videos have never played in unbox which was the main reason I never installed it, as I recall. And yet, this plugin has worked for the most part for quite a while. To add some additional confusion, MI3 still plays for me in XBMC ( I just checked it). It's prime, as far as I know it doesn't use unbox, and yet it plays for me but not others. Very confusing.

XBMC does not use Unbox, or flash or any other external player or decoder to play videos on Amazon Prime It uses it's own internal core based on FFmpeg.

The person at Amazon who replied to that email did not know what he was talking about.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - deadwolfbones - 2012-06-01

Got my first Flash/DRM error today. Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Citizen_Seven - 2012-06-01

I can confirm, I just got the FLASH_DRM error on Mission Impossible 3, which worked at least up to my last post. As I understand it, the common wisdom is that there are two possibilities: either Amazon is changing things again, or there's something about the local flash cache that needs to be refreshed. I admit, I don't quite understand this latter explanation since the plug-in doesn't uses flash to play the movies, but perhaps it prevents access before the playback even begins.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - marcmerlin - 2012-06-01

I'm pretty sure they just had multiple copies/hosts for the videos, and they just switched over to a provider where the videos are already encrypted.
Or, what I wrote last time, which is that they had to revert encryption for a little while until they could fix some player problems for some of their flash using clients, and after fixing them, they switched back to serving encrypted content.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - jrubenol - 2012-06-02

Well I got excited when I saw this thread, now I'm probably going to be canceling Amazon prime membership just like I canceled Netflix streaming because of their BS DRM crap. I'm willing to pay for content but having them dictate the manner in which I watch it is ridiculous.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-06

I am investigating some options to use other streaming methods available that aren't rtmp. like kindle fire, ps3 or 360.

I found it interesting it stopped working close to when they launched the app for the 360.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-06

I committed a fix to avoid the DRM issue for rtmp streams. It changes a variable in the streaming url requests.

Let me know how it works for you. no guarantees.

I was in a whedon mood and got the DRM error working my way through Angel Season 5. It seems to all be working fine with the change though.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - jmuck78 - 2012-06-07

Works for me. Thanks for the update BC - how are you doing post-accident?

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-07

jmuck78: my right hand's middle and index finger are a little tender to use due to an impact on my hand. My back and neck were sore but they are feeling ok now. I have a couple scars on my arms from cuts(they were stitched and stapled). I had to climb out of the car upside down so the broken glass cut me in the rush to get out of the upside down car.

I can't really complain considering the damage to the car. I initially hit a hump in the road from a differences in paving segments. It was on a turn to the right and I was in the left lane of the interstate. My cars back end fish tailed to right and the front of the car spun left. My front passenger side initially impacted the median wall at an angle. There was still forward momentum on my car though so it started flipping over at that point. I was told it flipped 3 times but I wasn't really aware. It was an old 2000 SVU which was a little top heavy anyway. It was crazy. I had never had a major car accident before.

Sorry to go way off topic...

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - jmuck78 - 2012-06-07

(2012-06-07, 04:42)BlueCop Wrote: jmuck78: my right hand's middle and index finger are a little tender to use due to an impact on my hand. My back and neck were sore but they are feeling ok now. I have a couple scars on my arms from cuts(they were stitched and stapled). I had to climb out of the car upside down so the broken glass cut me in the rush to get out of the upside down car.

I can't really complain considering the damage to the car. I initially hit a hump in the road from a differences in paving segments. It was on a turn to the right and I was in the left lane of the interstate. My cars back end fish tailed to right and the front of the car spun left. My front passenger side initially impacted the median wall at an angle. There was still forward momentum on my car though so it started flipping over at that point. I was told it flipped 3 times but I wasn't really aware. It was an old 2000 SVU which was a little top heavy anyway. It was crazy. I had never had a major car accident before.

Sorry to go way off topic...

Glad you are (more or less) ok. My wife was in a really bad accident a few years ago - she went head-to-head with a semi while in a little honda civic. I remember what her car looked like, and I was shocked that she was able to walk away from it. All things considered, it sounds like you were equally lucky.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Athanatos875 - 2012-06-07

BlueCop, I hope you make a speedy recovery, and thank you for your continued work on this plugin.

I can confirm that all of the movies on Amazon that I have tried seem to be working with out any DRM issues. I still cannot update the Amazon database to show the newly added movies and TV shows. I have included my log file.

http://pastebin.com/1TybZKVt

Is anyone else still getting this problem?