Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon (/showthread.php?tid=108124)

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - ptzink - 2012-06-07

BlueCop, nice work! Thanks for the fix. I am not sure what you did, but the videos that were DRM stream fine now. Would love to know how you resolved the error.
A couple of things - I too am not getting updated databases with the new content. Anything we should need to do manually to get it to update? Also, how difficult would it be to integrate the new Watchlist feature in this plugin?
Thanks yet again for your hard work!

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-07

Athanatos875: use search for now. It uses the site method so should always be fresh.

I am still investigating some of the prime apps available so we could use other methods then site scraping.

ptzink: I will look into watch list. I have not used that feature yet. It shouldn't be difficult.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - ptzink - 2012-06-07

BlueCop, thanks for looking into it. I just thought it would be great to have the same "local library" integration with the Watchlist that you have with your Hulu plugin and Subscriptions/Queue. Again, great work.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - dagarcia07 - 2012-06-07

Hi,
It works now on my pc version, but still getting playback errors on the apple tv version. No longer getting DRM errors, but still not playing. Not sure if its something to do with my setup or the Amazon addon.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-07

ptzink: you can export favorites to strm files so they can be scanned into your library. I just haven't advertised it really. I use it for a couple shows. It is done with context items on the root movie and television items.

dagarcia: try the librtmp file from this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023&pid=1106494#pid1106494

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - dagarcia07 - 2012-06-08

thanks for the suggestion BlueCop, will try it when I get home.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Athanatos875 - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-07, 05:57)BlueCop Wrote: Athanatos875: use search for now. It uses the site method so should always be fresh.

Thanks BlueCop! Not sure why I never tried that.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - DPackMan - 2012-06-09

Thanks a lot, BlueCop!

I greatly appreciate the effort and time you have dedicated to create and maintain this plugin. I never used Amazon VOD before your plugin, despite paying for Prime for several years now; I feel like I'm really getting my money's worth now.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work: it is appreciated by many more in the XBMC community than the few representatives who have expressed their gratitude in this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Citizen_Seven - 2012-06-15

Is there a way to add the results of a Search to one's library (XBMC library, not Amazon library)? Here is my dilemma: Stargate SG-1 (along with it seems all the other Stargate shows) was recently added to Prime. However, it's not in the Amazon plugin database. Refreshes of the database result in a script error. One can use the "Search Prime" function within the plugin to find the various seasons, etc, but if you add it to favorites, it does not appear in the "favorited" folder within the plugin, rather the XBMC favorites (button next to power at bottom of confluence, slides open list on right hand side of XBMC). This would be fine, however there's no way (that I see) to get a nice list of the URLS for seasons/episodes. Ultimately, I want to generate STRM files using the MyLibrary plugin. I do this manually for movies that haven't made it into the Amazon plugin database, which is not a big deal, but for shows like Stargate with ten seasons and over 200 episodes, it's a bit more daunting a task.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-15

Citizen_Seven: yea sorry it sucks right now.

I am working to redo much of it to work more like the kindle fire app.

I have to reverse some request signing first. I am still in the midst of that.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Citizen_Seven - 2012-06-15

No worries, BlueCop. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything simple. I tried looking at the XBMC temp files with a "prime search" still up in xbmc, and I think I see where that screen is stored (temporarily at least), so I suppose I could try to figure out a way to parse that to get the relevant info.

Which makes me wonder: how difficult would it be and/or slow to refresh to implement a full search (*-all prime files returned) and then use the results of that to update the database? I know it would be a metric crap ton of parsing, and I'm not sure how well it would work with TV shows that have seasons, but it could potentially eliminate the need for pushing updated versions of the database.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-16

Citizen_Seven: i had the idea to auto-add any items that show up in search. I just didn't implement it because the status of playback was always somewhat in flux. I wasn't sure if it was a waste of time to implement anything new.

I am trying to prepare some backup options to rtmp streaming. I also want to use the app feeds rather then site scraping. they are just json and have all their meta-data labeled. The parser I did for their html is ugly because their site is unfriendly to the scrapers. it mostly works but has several problems.

I think we will have a much more reliable setup once this all gets coded.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Citizen_Seven - 2012-06-16

That's an excellent idea, using the app feeds. Have you investigated their Amazon Web Services product? According to the info page, you're suppose to be able to access Amazon product information with it, but for the life of me, I could not find the service that gets you access to it. It seemed mostly for cloud computing (third party databases development and distribution, application platform, virtual machines, etc), where ideally what your plugin needs is just a nice list of the prime videos along with addresses. That has to exist somewhere, as I doubt their website is comprised of millions of static pages.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - SebasMiles - 2012-06-22

BlueCop, First of all thank you so much for your hard work on this and the other two plug-ins. I hope you're feeling better after that crash, 3 flips is hard core and seems like you were very lucky.

I was just wondering, when I display all movies, I tried changing the display to "Panel"(by pressing left arrow that takes me to the submenu for the skin) and it works perfectly, but if I exit out and come back in, or move to another submenu and back it doesn't save the view I chose. I also tried going through the add-on options where it says views but there is no "panel" option.
Is this a problem with my skin/setup? or is it normal that view choices aren't saved within add-ons?

Thanks,

XBMC 11.0
Windows 7 64bit
Aeon MQ3

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-22

SebasMiles: the view modes are specific to skins. I am using the confluence skins views.

You could disable 'Enable Views' in the plugin setting then it will not set the container view for you. XBMC should then remember whatever view you set.

I could change the view mode that is set to be a number you can input though. It would allow setting a container view for specific skins.

I am almost complete with a big update. It will have watchlist support, auto adding new items and various popular & recent type lists for movies and tv. I need to test some more things and work out a couple bugs though. It should work much better and not require frequent updates like before.