Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon (/showthread.php?tid=108124)

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - philipacentaur - 2012-06-25

I'm running this addon using a Frodo nightly, and I thought that I'd let you know that the full database refresh is broken. It fails after the first page with: "TypeError: integer argument expected, got float"

Calls to dialog_update() seem to be the culprit:

I changed instances of "dialog.update(int(page*100.0/8)..." to "dialog.update(int(page*100/8)" in both tv.py and movies.py and the DB refresh worked again.

EDIT: This was just to get the DB to refresh. I didn't bother checking if the info in the dialog was actually correct. It probably isn't.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - jmuck78 - 2012-06-26

BlueCop,

I successfully accessed my movies watch list, but when attempting to access the television section of the watch list, I get a plugin error (with nothing really helpful in the log). The "loading" box pops up and gets through about 36 items in the watch list before failing. I have a larger number than that in the movies watch list, and accessed that with out issue.

http://pastebin.com/rufQb609

Update:
Here's a better log file where the error actual appears to show up:
http://pastebin.com/MTSPQN9T

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - g0beau - 2012-06-26

i am having trouble installing the new update. in fact, the trouble started when auto-update tried to install it. i got an "amazon update failed" message, so, i uninstalled the amazon addon, then tried to reinstall, and i got the same message. i then reinstalled bluecop's repository and tried to install the addon with the same result. i am on an apple tv2 with eden installed. i have posted the log file here:

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=G2KLA7UP

any help would be much appreciated. i love this addon, and use it daily, and was looking forward to the added features. many thanks.

BC,

As a follow up to my previous post, I did a little digging and found a couple of things.

1) My problem with the television portion of the watchlist was caused by a few of my purchased TV shows, specifically, Fairly Legal (don't judge, Sarah Shahi is hot) and Leverage. My other purchased series didn't cause an issue entering the TV watch list. However, the shows that did appear in the watch list from my purchased library did not have any episodes. The Two Shows that caused the watch list to fail show up in my Amazon watch list on the website as "you own tv pass", while the other series that DID appear in my XBMC watch list show up as $2.99 per episode (even though I own these series as well).

2) These same two series did not appear in my purchased library section of the xbmc amazon add-on, while the others did show up and showed up populated with episodes. The purchased library items that showed also played just fine.

3) The purchased items that did appear in the purchased library also show up in the television folder with all of the other prime shows.

Hope this helps,
Jason
(2012-06-25, 07:46)BlueCop Wrote: jmuck78: I committed an update that added a setting to list watchlist television as show or season. right now it lists all prime available seasons if by show. I plan to have it filter based on the watchlist in the future.

It also lists feature television as shows rather then seasons.

It also fixes the bug DeadpoolSA was having.

BlueCop,

Thanks for the change - I definitely like that a lot better. I understand why Amazon broke shows up into seasons initially (to facilitate purchases of seasons), but they need to set it up so that I can view their prime catalogue by show - it doesn't make any sense to display the "free" catalogue by season instead of by show...

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2012-06-26

jmuck78: I will fix the issue from the log.

a little confused on exactly what you mean in the second post though? where are you seeing prices?

are you using season or show view? I don't think show view will work correctly for purchased items right now.

BlueCop: Sorry, my post was confusing. cold medicine and forum posting don't mix well...

I saw prices on the amazon website watchlist where I had added purchased shows to my prime watch list. Even though I purchased specific shows, they were still showing 2.99 per episode on the watch list page. See the screenshot below...

For whatever reason, amazon is displaying Fairly Legal and White Collar differently even though I purchased season passes to both. The Amazon XMBC add-on is also treating them differently. Farily legal causes an error when it is included in the watch list, White Collar doesn't cause an error, but it also doesn't populate with episodes either.

Hope this helps...

jmuck78: how exactly does the plugin display each show? What parts are missing from where? also can you get me an error log for the failure?

I committed an update for library exporting.

It is now capable of exporting most any listing in the plugin to the library. You can also export a specific Movie, Show, Season, or Episode with context items on them. So you can easily export any single item without having to change its status.

All Movie and TV database listing can be export including Favorites. You can also do by genre, directory, watched, year, etc. You can also export All Movies or All Shows via their listings.

All the featured listings can also be exported via context items on their directories.

Watchlist Movies and TV can also be exported via context items on the the watchlist Movie and TV items.

(2012-06-26, 06:58)BlueCop Wrote: jmuck78: how exactly does the plugin display each show? What parts are missing from where?

The plugin is not displaying a subset of the purchased tv shows in the purchased items folder or in the watchlist. The purchased tv shows that the plugin does display in the watch list do not have any episodes in the tv show containers. The purchased tv shows that display as empty containers in the watch list, show episodes in the purchased items container.

I'm trying to be as clear as I can - let me know what else I can do to be more specific...

jmuck: I am going to need some logs of it loading the watchlist and purchases. As well as loading or not loading any episodes.

I need to look at the requests it is making and see what the problem is.

I also would like to see a log of the error cause by fairly legal.

Edit:
I committed an update that I think will fix the issues.

Try it out and let me know

jmuck78: I committed an update that I think will fix the issues you are having. Let me know.

Right now only use Season view for Watchlist. It will only list prime seasons for the listed shows otherwise. I will correct that in the future.

Edit:
commited fixes for show view in watchlist. It will only show the seasons you have in your watchlist and should work with all shows and not just prime.

I also expanded the setting to include the purchase television library.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - dmgash - 2012-06-27

After updating the add-on is all but broken. Browsing television shows and also searching no longer works. I would post the logs but the log is over 100k characters and would be 10 posts long. Please help/fix this.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - wiz561 - 2012-06-27

I've had a strange problem with the addon. It seems like the first video I watch plays just fine, but the second video I watch rebuffers every minute or two. If I exit the video and go to the main menu, and back into the amazon prime and play the video, everything works fine.

I haven't dug through any logs or anything yet, and wondered if anybody else was experiencing this.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - jmuck78 - 2012-06-27

Blue Cop:

So far, everything seems to work perfectly. Thank you again for keeping this plugin alive, and especially for the library integration.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - atlind01 - 2012-06-27

thanks for the update

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - sdk7_25 - 2012-07-01

I'm really love this plugin. I was having a problem where I couldn't get the new "export to library" feature to work. I have solved it, and wanted to share my solution in case anyone else has this problem. (This presupposes the default settings from the addon.) I had to manually create two directories: /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.amazon/TV and /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.amazon/Movies (I had script errors on export if I didn't do this.) Then I had to add both of the newly created directories as sources scraped for their appropriate content.

Maybe this will help others, maybe it won't. I'm running OpenELEC and this has done the job for me. Now if I could just figure out how to get the amazon videos to work in PsuedoTV Cool

Thanks for all your work on this!