Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon (/showthread.php?tid=108124)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - MoeDee - 2013-02-27

(2013-02-27, 22:52)devoh Wrote: Excited noob here,

Is it possible to get xmbc to download the content for you instead of streaming? Our streaming of it on other devices seems to rebuffer/studder frequently.
It would be cool if there was a way to stream to a file and then play from your library.

Thanks

-Devoh

Xbmc not... An add on maybe.. it will open a whole can of worms... I think one thing will be DRM...

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - tennisbgc - 2013-03-02

(2013-02-27, 22:52)devoh Wrote: Excited noob here,

Is it possible to get xmbc to download the content for you instead of streaming? Our streaming of it on other devices seems to rebuffer/studder frequently.
It would be cool if there was a way to stream to a file and then play from your library.

Thanks

-Devoh
I tried doing this awhile back with a program called tubedigger and the video wouldnt playback at all. So I doubt xbmc could do this plus im not aware of any drm removal tool for amazon videos.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - joe_sun - 2013-03-06

Just tried this out for the first time last night and for some reason I get about 4 seconds of video and then it goes to "pause". I don't have a log yet just wondering if it could be a settings issue?

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - pkchainsaw - 2013-03-06

Well, here's something I cant figure out. Running xbmc frodo on an android tablet with jellybean 4.2. I was having problems getting amazon to play so I did the old librtmp.so 2.4 copy trick and boom, it worked! Perfectly -- EXCEPT whenever I reboot, and then try to play amazon, it stops working again. Then, when I copy the file over again, amazon works great again UNTIL I REBOOT. I don't understand android well enough to know what's going on. I wish I could do something like a windows batch file which would recooy the librtemp.so file each time I rebooted, but I don't know how to do that either. Any suggestions?

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - p4trykx - 2013-03-08

Has anyone noticed that TV Shows can't be streamed in HD 2500kbps any longer? I recall that I watched them some while ago with best quality but now the best is 1300kbps. I seems that they are still showed in web browser "720p popout" but it does not switch as high as 2500.

Re: RE: - MoeDee - 2013-03-08

(2011-08-27, 06:00)Hamgeek Wrote: Amazon Prime does not work for me. I get a list of the movies but none will play. I have the user and password configured. It takes a long time to get the list of movies and then when I choose one it comes up Opening stream and then that goes away after a while. Nothing plays. It says Playback failed.

Hulu and most of the Free Cable stuff works fine.

I'm using Windows 7 with 10.1 “Dharma” and I have the librtmp.dll 2.4.

Anyone have an idea why the Amazon is not working?

Steve

Have you considered upgrading to eden or Frodo.
Either version works for me on windows 7 .. also eden on ATV1 native and CB1 on ATV1

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - tennisbgc - 2013-03-09

is there a way to add shows to your scraped library or the favorities on the homepage

(2013-03-08, 01:09)p4trykx Wrote: Has anyone noticed that TV Shows can't be streamed in HD 2500kbps any longer? I recall that I watched them some while ago with best quality but now the best is 1300kbps. I seems that they are still showed in web browser "720p popout" but it does not switch as high as 2500.
I cant get any hd shows either using the xios.I'm able to set the bitrate to 2500 but during playback if you hit the info button it says sd under the quality. plus it looks like sd too.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - p4trykx - 2013-03-09

I asked Amazon support and they claim that web browser TV Shows should work however I can't get 2500kbps in browser either but it always was a problem for the flash plugin to select the right speed. IIRC sometime in October last year Amazon disabled HD for Prime movies.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - tennisbgc - 2013-03-09

using my win7 version of xbmc all the hd show are in sd

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - HankHill - 2013-03-10

I seem to be having the same issue as was mentioned in post 556, but I never saw if or how that issue was resolved. Movies play from the Amazon plugin, but I get a script error when I try to export to my library. I first tried with Eden on Win 7 64 bit, but the problem was exactly the same after I upgraded to Frodo. Since then, I've done a fresh install of Win 7 and Frodo for other reasons, and I'm still having the exact same problem when I try to export movies to my library. Tried exporting to the default location and to a custom folder.

Here's what I notice in the logs (again, seems to be identical to what was mentioned in post 556):

Code:
====================AMAZON START====================
13:02:34 T:4876  NOTICE: getURL: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/library/movie?show=all&sort=alpha
13:02:35 T:4876   ERROR: Failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py
13:02:35 T:4876 WARNING: The python script "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Addon
13:02:35 T:4860  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
13:02:47 T:6000  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:02:48 T:6000   ERROR: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '-1', '?mode="xbmclibrary"&sitemode="EXPORT_MOVIE"&asin="B001OGWY1W"']
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: common.args
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: {'asin': 'B001OGWY1W', 'sitemode': 'EXPORT_MOVIE', 'mode': 'xbmclibrary'}
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE:

13:02:48 T:6000   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'E:\\Shared\\Amazon\\Movies\\The Dark Knight (2008).strm')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py", line 55, in modes
                                                exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 98, in EXPORT_MOVIE
                                                SaveFile(strm_file, u, MOVIE_PATH)
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 32, in SaveFile
                                                file = open(path,'w')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'E:\\Shared\\Amazon\\Movies\\The Dark Knight (2008).strm')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:02:57 T:4224  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
13:02:57 T:4224  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:02:58 T:4224   ERROR: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '-1', '?mode="xbmclibrary"&sitemode="EXPORT_MOVIE"&asin="B008602KQI"']
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE: common.args
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE: {'asin': 'B008602KQI', 'sitemode': 'EXPORT_MOVIE', 'mode': 'xbmclibrary'}
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE:

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Rick7C2 - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-10, 05:14)HankHill Wrote: I seem to be having the same issue as was mentioned in post 556, but I never saw if or how that issue was resolved. Movies play from the Amazon plugin, but I get a script error when I try to export to my library. I first tried with Eden on Win 7 64 bit, but the problem was exactly the same after I upgraded to Frodo. Since then, I've done a fresh install of Win 7 and Frodo for other reasons, and I'm still having the exact same problem when I try to export movies to my library. Tried exporting to the default location and to a custom folder.

Here's what I notice in the logs (again, seems to be identical to what was mentioned in post 556):

Code:
13:02:34 T:4876  NOTICE: getURL: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/library/movie?show=all&sort=alpha
13:02:35 T:4876   ERROR: Failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py
13:02:35 T:4876 WARNING: The python script "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Addon
13:02:35 T:4860  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
13:02:47 T:6000  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:02:48 T:6000   ERROR: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '-1', '?mode="xbmclibrary"&sitemode="EXPORT_MOVIE"&asin="B001OGWY1W"']
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: common.args
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: {'asin': 'B001OGWY1W', 'sitemode': 'EXPORT_MOVIE', 'mode': 'xbmclibrary'}
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE:

13:02:48 T:6000   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'E:\\Shared\\Amazon\\Movies\\The Dark Knight (2008).strm')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py", line 55, in modes
                                                exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 98, in EXPORT_MOVIE
                                                SaveFile(strm_file, u, MOVIE_PATH)
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 32, in SaveFile
                                                file = open(path,'w')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'E:\\Shared\\Amazon\\Movies\\The Dark Knight (2008).strm')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:02:57 T:4224  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
13:02:57 T:4224  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:02:58 T:4224   ERROR: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '-1', '?mode="xbmclibrary"&sitemode="EXPORT_MOVIE"&asin="B008602KQI"']
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE: common.args
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE: {'asin': 'B008602KQI', 'sitemode': 'EXPORT_MOVIE', 'mode': 'xbmclibrary'}
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE:

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks

I have the exact same problem here is my log..

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3602 Line 2429

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - DonGateley - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-09, 21:18)tennisbgc Wrote: using my win7 version of xbmc all the hd show are in sd

Yes, I am seeing the same thing. Could I be configured wrong or might Amazon be limiting it for some reason?

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - p4trykx - 2013-03-11

Here is a thread about it on Amazon forums
http://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20video%20on%20demand/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3EQAX98ED5WQ3&cdThread=TxYE2ZGKA2J6Q
So few people have the same problem

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - p4trykx - 2013-03-12

HD seems to be working again. Could someone confirm?

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - DonGateley - 2013-03-12

Not movies. HD not offered as a choice when it is "Available in HD for playback on Kindle Fire HD, Xbox 360, PS3, Roku, TiVO or other Amazon Instant Video HD compatible devices."

This would piss off the pope. It probably does now that he's retired and looking to relax with a movie. Absolutely outrageous when pirating other ways is just as easy if not more so.