Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon (/showthread.php?tid=108124)

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - bac522 - 2013-06-28

People need to email bomb vendors to work on support for XBMC, plain and simple. I have Roku and it has it's limitations, no easy access for youtube being one. On the other hand XMBC team needs to be courting vendors for official supported plugins. Contrary to popular belief the majority of XBMC users are not pirates!

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - StayXBMC - 2013-06-28

(2013-06-28, 16:38)bac522 Wrote: People need to email bomb vendors to work on support for XBMC, plain and simple. I have Roku and it has it's limitations, no easy access for youtube being one. On the other hand XMBC team needs to be courting vendors for official supported plugins. Contrary to popular belief the majority of XBMC users are not pirates!

Plex app provides youtube for Roku. Wasn't a big deal to setup. Though I don't use youtube much so

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - bac522 - 2013-06-28

(2013-06-28, 16:44)StayXBMC Wrote:
(2013-06-28, 16:38)bac522 Wrote: People need to email bomb vendors to work on support for XBMC, plain and simple. I have Roku and it has it's limitations, no easy access for youtube being one. On the other hand XMBC team needs to be courting vendors for official supported plugins. Contrary to popular belief the majority of XBMC users are not pirates!

Plex app provides youtube for Roku. Wasn't a big deal to setup. Though I don't use youtube much so
Yes, I use that as well as Twonky Beam with my Nexus 7...but no native youtube app among others.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - ktjensen - 2013-07-03

(2013-06-28, 16:23)fanatix Wrote: Before people needlessly buy Rokus (if they have Windows and Windows Media Center installed) just use the homebrew Amazon MCE app and access it with Advanced Launcher.

The link is here

Using this site as a reference point.

This site also helps you figure out the application's {AppID} and the {GUIID}

I'm pretty sure the AppID and GuiID are universal for Amazon Media Center plugin, if not, you need to go into your registry and find out your code using the third link above.

1) Type this for the Target in a shortcut if you download the Amazon plugin:

%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe /entrypoint:{9547e03d-ccfc-4564-a097-856b99e42afa}{615620d8-161b-4f48-8dd2-8354ae4da51d} /nostartupanimation

Notice the nostartupanimation parameter, which makes it so the splash screen doesn't show.

Close the app with Alt-F4 or map the close function to your remote

did not know this existed for WMC and will need to try it. my tests have all been using the RELAUNCH203 tool and just INTERNET EXPLORER and a mouse.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - chasryder - 2013-07-31

I have just freshly installed XBMCbuntu 12.2 and the Bluecop Amazon Add-on. I can access my watch list and browse videos, but I get a "Script Failed! plugin.video.amazon" when trying to play one. Below is my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=41083

Other plugins such as the Bluecop Hulu playback just fine. Any help would be appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - bac522 - 2013-07-31

I believe the Amazon plugin is now DOA due to DRM changes at Amazon...read back a few post to learn more.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - fullmoonguru - 2013-07-31

Yes. Should be marked as broken. Not sure if that's the case.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - mikefreeman - 2013-07-31

(2013-07-31, 15:09)chasryder Wrote: I have just freshly installed XBMCbuntu 12.2 and the Bluecop Amazon Add-on. I can access my watch list and browse videos, but I get a "Script Failed! plugin.video.amazon" when trying to play one.

That's because of Amazon activating DRM on their streams. It cannot be decoded by Bluecop's addon. However, someone has created sort of a fix based on Bluecop's addon. But, it launches the video in Firefox, running through Amazon's Flash player. It works ok, it's not great, but it's unfortunately all we've got at this point.

Here's the thread for that addon: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164087

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - antipasto - 2013-08-01

So I was browsing around where we were with all of this, and the last time I went googling it seemed like there was little info for various messages.

There are quite a few pieces and parts to the engine that drives the plugin from page scraping to URL building in order to pass the correct options to the RTMP part of the stuff.

Anyway, if the error that someone posted earlier about the RTMP_ReadPacket is a source of the issue, then this may be that the RTMP server is looking for the signature of the SWF that is playing the content. Apparently there is an avenue to provide this signature, and here is an example of someone doing this for the BBC Iplayer:

http://makingtechnologyeasier.blogspot.com/2013/06/getiplayer-rtmpreadpacket-failed-to.html

Anyway... my main point is that these things are ultimately knowable in my opinion, and I'd love to help as much as I can, but to also offer support an encouragement that anyone else who wants to dig into this, their help, in any way, even if it is just more clues, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for making XBMC incredible!

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - SikeMo - 2013-08-07

My fear is that if things continue this way with Netlflix, Hulu, and Amazon, etc, XBMC will soon be deemed irrelevant. I really see streaming as the future and if things don't change soon, many will look for a better, simpler alternative.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - mikefreeman - 2013-08-07

SikeMo, I completely agree. The biggest problem is that these companies don't care about the customer experience, they care about total content control. XBMC is about the opposite. It's about user experience and freedom. So there's an inherent conflict.

I think the advantage XBMC has is that, assuming you can get the content, everything is very unified and seemless feeling. I can watch live broadcast TV, on demand movies, web content, pictures and video auto-uploaded from my phone, Facebook content, music streaming, everything I could ever want in media through one slick interface. These devices Amazon and others want you to buy have a fraction of those features and flexibility that I refuse to go without. But, they have the one feature that movie distributors refuse to go without, and that's control. XBMC can't provide that by its open nature.

So something's going to have to give. The customer has to give up freedom, or the company has to give up control. We'll just have to wait and see who wins that battle and who surrenders.

[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - ktjensen - 2013-08-07

For $50 (used) you get a ROKU and all the functions of XBMC. If you configure it effectively. You just have to be creative with using the cloud, and smart with VPN sources.

People are working RASPBERRY PI to add XBMC but not seeing why that's any improvement over ROKU functionality. All the major functions are in a ROKU box now, and CLOUD apps.

I compare this to development of jailbroken iPhone. Jumped the shark when apple added folders that were in the jailbroken version. ROKU jumped the shark for XBMC when it added cloud services like google music, and VUDU UV movies, plus PLEX movies.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - SikeMo - 2013-08-07

A very relevant post. While I completely understand, I realize XBMC is not for the masses and will probably lose the battle. We will be left with a reliance upon local media gathered from bit-torrent and nzb... not exactly a sustainable solution. Indeed, time will tell.

I am currently awaiting the arrival of a chromecast to supplement my XBMC experience. If only there were a way to link the two together. A simple method of resolving links from an Android phone a la the YouTube and XBMC apps would be great. But then that falls right back in to the content control category.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - bac522 - 2013-08-07

(2013-08-07, 09:38)ktjensen Wrote: For $50 (used) you get a ROKU and all the functions of XBMC. If you configure it effectively. You just have to be creative with using the cloud, and smart with VPN sources.

People are working RASPBERRY PI to add XBMC but not seeing why that's any improvement over ROKU functionality. All the major functions are in a ROKU box now, and CLOUD apps.

I compare this to development of jailbroken iPhone. Jumped the shark when apple added folders that were in the jailbroken version. ROKU jumped the shark for XBMC when it added cloud services like google music, and VUDU UV movies, plus PLEX movies.

Yup, I have a Roku along with my HTPC running XBMC and I'm finding the Roku to be just as functional if not more functional than XBMC. The biggest thing I find with Roku is the channels don't just randomly break...with XBMC it seems like I spend more time updating addon's to fix problems with streaming sites than I do in watching the streams!

[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - ktjensen - 2013-08-07

sikemo - am praying that chromecast will handle everything. and not be limited by DRM. hate that you can play HBO GO on my ipad, but can not flip it to the TV. My lovely COMCAST blocks HBO GO from playing on the ROKU per HBO GO license.

but did find a relative who lets me work with there HBO GO account on another provider. so can watch through ROKU. or i can play HBO GO through a browser window via WMC launching that. am sure there are launching apps for XBMC to do the same. or just run dual XBMC and WMC.

point is: during SHARK WEEK there are many technologies that are "jumping the shark". meaning technology that has been surpassed by something else, and been made irrelevant in some way.