Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Precession Project - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Precession Project (/showthread.php?tid=108402)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Arcanthur - 2011-09-28

Poster view, about 85% complete, lacks media flags...

- fschnack - 2011-09-28

Congrats, it looks great, as every screenshot from this skin!

I was wondering, there will be alternative color schemes? The blue gradient looks great, but I have a tendency to prefer darker tones Wink

Also, Hitcher implemented in his great Xeebo skin the option to put the video OSD on top of the screen, instead of the usual bottom. I would like to suggest to have the same option here. I'm Brazilian and without this option the OSD gets on top of subtitles :|

- musera - 2011-09-30

fschnack Wrote:Also, Hitcher implemented in his great Xeebo skin the option to put the video OSD on top of the screen, instead of the usual bottom. I would like to suggest to have the same option here. I'm Brazilian and without this option the OSD gets on top of subtitles :|

The OSD has been the reason I've skipped over so many skins. For anyone who watches lots of subbed material, it is crucial that the OSD stays out of the way. Putting it down the bottom is just a nuisance, especially if it is large like the Xeebo one (fortunately hitcher later changed the position).

Personally I like a small OSD placed at the top of the screen. Though Maybe it would be alright at the side, never seen a skin do that but I still believe the top is best.

- Arcanthur - 2011-10-05

Osd design is finally done, took the better part of 8-10 hrs getting it exactly how I wanted, but I'm quite happy with how it's turned out. I just wanted something very clean & simple, yet elegant and keeping with the main design.

musera Wrote:The OSD has been the reason I've skipped over so many skins. For anyone who watches lots of subbed material, it is crucial that the OSD stays out of the way. Putting it down the bottom is just a nuisance, especially if it is large like the Xeebo one (fortunately hitcher later changed the position).

Personally I like a small OSD placed at the top of the screen. Though Maybe it would be alright at the side, never seen a skin do that but I still believe the top is best.

And yes, I will work with Hitcher on an option to move the OSD to the top. I just for one like the look of it at the bottom, but to each his own.

- Hitcher - 2011-10-05

Sweet. Can't wait to get my hands on it later.

- kyotocafe - 2011-10-05

Really good. I am loving the OSD design. So simple and yet so elegant.

- Helter_Skelter - 2011-10-07

Wow really great work so far!

love this skin, it seems made by an apple designer, it has this kind of influence...

looking forward to see the progress...Bravo!

- Hitcher - 2011-10-09

musera Wrote:Personally I like a small OSD placed at the top of the screen. Though Maybe it would be alright at the side, never seen a skin do that but I still believe the top is best.

- fschnack - 2011-10-09

Yeah, great! Wink

- Shinu - 2011-10-09

any chance of u adding the movie poster to the OSD?

- Hitcher - 2011-10-09

Shinu Wrote:any chance of u adding the movie poster to the OSD?

I don't know what Arc's got panned but I'm of the opinion that images go in video info not the video controls.

- mkortstiege - 2011-10-09

Would be cool if the player controls could be toggled on/off via skin settings.

- Hitcher - 2011-10-09

How would you control it?

Unless you mean we use that for the seekbar and/or info screen minus the buttons.

- mkortstiege - 2011-10-09

It's just a personal taste based on the fact i use XBMC with remote control only. No mouse involved.. so the player controls are of no interest for me.

- Hitcher - 2011-10-09

Ah, in that case then you wouldn't even see this dialog - it's the seekbar you'd see.

EDIT: Like this -