Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-14

I just noticed that have a service to provide lyrics.

They aren't time-coded so I can't convert then to subtitles. Sad

Does anyone have any ideas to incorporate lyrics?

There seems to be some changes to the api today. there are some problems with the artists_main array in the json returns. I had to do a fix to get things working again.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - HotRod225 - 2012-03-14

This is AWESOME man!!! I love it!!! Im not a strong coder, but if I can ever help please let me know.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - cronin - 2012-03-15

Great plugin! Let me know if you want me to create a fake facebook so you can use it to test the plugin.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Kookitza - 2012-03-15

Hi,

I have a problem with the plugin.

When i click on a clip it does'nt load.

Sad

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - OtisPresley - 2012-03-15

(2012-03-15, 17:34)Kookitza Wrote: Hi,

I have a problem with the plugin.

When i click on a clip it does'nt load.

Sad

I experienced this when I first started using it as well. I was using the Android XBMC Remote to control it. What I found is that if you press the Play button instead of the Select button, then it works. It also works if you bring up the context menu and select Play using>>DVD Player.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-16

I committed an update to add some playlist they have.

It also has options to "Play All" on all video lists.

There is also artist matching from your music library. let me know how it works for you.

I also added per page settings. There is also an option to default to youtube as the video source. It will call the youtube plugin with this setting. VEVO has its own hosting but they provide the youtube ids so this was easy. It also has the advantage of being able to skip around the video. The HTTP streaming VEVO has doesn't allow skipping. VEVO doesn't allow some exclusive videos streamed from youtube. You might want to leave it off if you are just letting it play for a while.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - PatrickBateman - 2012-03-16

(2012-03-16, 11:47)BlueCop Wrote: I committed an update to add some playlist they have.

It also has options to "Play All" on all video lists.

There is also artist matching from your music library. let me know how it works for you.

I also added per page settings. There is also an option to default to youtube as the video source. It will call the youtube plugin with this setting. VEVO has its own hosting but they provide the youtube ids so this was easy. It also has the advantage of being able to skip around the video. The HTTP streaming VEVO has doesn't allow skipping. VEVO doesn't allow some exclusive videos streamed from youtube. You might want to leave it off if you are just letting it play for a while.

Thank you so much for this update, truly fantastic! For me, play all is exactly what I wished for and i sincerely appreciate that feature!

Ill scratch your name off my list of people to kill Laugh

I forgot to mention "Play All" it will only do a single page of videos for multi-page lists. You can set the per page up to 200 in increments of 25. It is limited to 200 by the api though.

Edit:
I am very interested in anyone with a larger music library trying the "My Artists" item for artists matching from their library. My music library is less robust then I would like.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - OtisPresley - 2012-03-16

(2012-03-16, 12:19)BlueCop Wrote: I forgot to mention "Play All" it will only do a single page of videos for multi-page lists. You can set the per page up to 200 in increments of 25. It is limited to 200 by the api though.

Edit:
I am very interested in anyone with a larger music library trying the "My Artists" item for artists matching from their library. My music library is less robust then I would like.

Hi BlueCop,

Thanks for this great plugin! I only have 301 artists in my library, but I tried to use your My Artists feature and get a script error. I am using the latest margro PVR build based on RC2 on Windows 7 x64. Here is the pertinent debug logging from the time I started the addon to the time I exited XBMC:
http://pastebin.com/v5HFL5bj

Thanks!

OtisPresley: I don't think I was properly escaping special characters in artist names for the website json request. I just committed a fix in 0.2.8
let me know how it works.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-03-16

I get the same script error too.

edit: all good with 0.2.8 although I do get some random artists showing up but works nicely!
does it search by looking up "Album Artist" in the mp3s?

krish_2k4: It uses XBMC's json-rpc method AudioLibrary.GetArtists to get a list of artists from your library. It builds a list of artists and submits a type of multi-search and you get a json list of available artist matches. It is the site api method they were using for itunes library matching in the iphone/ipad app.

edit for inane comment:
I watch too many nicki minage videos for "tests". I didn't know who this person was before. It is like a guilty pleasure now that I have to indulge.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-03-16

thats sick, your one clever dude!

works a treat anyway, been using the addon for a while so glad your still keeping it up to date!

There is also a geographic filter for popular videos. You give it an up and lower limit for both latitude and longitude to form a geographic search rectangle.

I could compile a list of city locations and use it to do a popular by location listing. It could also just be a type of city search that would retrieve the lat and long and have a defined distance out from there to search.

Anyone have any ideas on how to use this?

I am also still trying to think of how to use the lyrics service they have available. It would be cool if I could display with videos somehow. I probably need to check out the lyrics add-ons for music and see how they work.

I would be interested in any ideas to take advantage of the lyrics available.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - DanLongman - 2012-03-16

This is so awesome, great work as always BlueCop, Love the my Artist's feature, Works great.

You could add a country listing mode that would be an awesome feature. IE: Canada