Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-21

PantsOnFire: I think this is because I set the Music type for infolabel. It seems to play like music would rather then videos. I will look into it.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - PantsOnFire - 2012-03-21

ahh I see. Yes this is the same behaviour as it would be playing on the xbox 360 for instance (and probably the website too). The service seems to be intended as jukebox of sorts.
Pretty interesting that using the website, actually requires your facebook credentials Smile (wasn't always this way)

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-22

PantsOnFire: I think the behavior of playing the next item is actually determined by where you launch the plugin. The addon indicates it serves audio and video in the addon xml. If you launch it from music then it will play the next video like music items would but if you launch it from Videos then it will only play a single item.

It was with the launch of the new site on march 7th that they required a facebook login.

I would encourage everyone to go the vevo site and click their "Feedback" in the lower right and vote for the "make it so you dont have to have a facebook to login" item. There are a few suggestions they have under review for site changes.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - GENEOSYS - 2012-03-23

Hi, I just discovered your plugin as I just discovered XBMC in my livingroom. This is so great and working so well for me.

I've been playing around with The Trailers addon too and there is an option to automaticaly save the trailers you watch, could this be possible with VEVO, that would be so great!

Thx.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - OtisPresley - 2012-03-23

Hi BlueCop,

Thanks for all your work on this Add-On! I think that another cool enhancement to My Artists, if possible, would be to display two menu items at the top of the resulting lists of artists as follows:

*Play All*
*Play All Random*

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-03-25

is it possible to get the videos from "My Artists" into the music video library?

Re: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - rflores2323 - 2012-03-25

how do you get my artists? what is this feature as I dont see anywhere to login or sync.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-25

it isn't logging in because of facebook requirement.

my artists is built in. it gets artists from your library and matches them to available site artists

Re: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - rflores2323 - 2012-03-26

how do we do this?

have you thought about doing facebook login authorization. ruuk does it for his facebook media and socialshare addons. dont know if u can implement same way to get it working.

btw my dad made me buy him an atv2 to install vevo after he saw my setup and vevo. he says great job from an ol timer!

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-26

krish_2k4: that is an excellent idea.

rflores2323: it is as simple as selecting the "my artists" item. It will look up your music library artists and do a kind of multi-search and return a list of artist matches from the site.

I plan to change how this works though. I just haven't got to it.

I want it to function like a favorite list. if it is empty then it will ask if you want to populate with library artist matches. It will also have a context item to re-search your library artists and add them again if you want.

I think this is a better solution because it gives you the freedom to modify the list at will but also make it very easy to import your existing artists from your music library. It also has the benefit of loading very quickly because it will be a locally stored list rather then one returned from the site.

Re: RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - rflores2323 - 2012-03-26

(2012-03-26, 00:27)BlueCop Wrote: krish_2k4: that is an excellent idea.

rflores2323: it is as simple as selecting the "my artists" item. It will look up your music library artists and do a kind of multi-search and return a list of artist matches from the site.

I plan to change how this works though. I just haven't got to it.

I want it to function like a favorite list. if it is empty then it will ask if you want to populate with library artist matches. It will also have a context item to re-search your library artists and add them again if you want.

I think this is a better solution because it gives you the freedom to modify the list at will but also make it very easy to import your existing artists from your music library. It also has the benefit of loading very quickly because it will be a locally stored list rather then one returned from the site.

that sounds ideal. thanks. Big Grin

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-03-26

(2012-03-26, 00:27)BlueCop Wrote: krish_2k4: that is an excellent idea.

cheers!

Just one more thing I noticed. I have a lot of Jay-Z albums but the My Artists section scrapes no Jay-Z videos.

All my Jay-Z albums have "Jay-Z" as the album artist. Vevo.com lists the artist as "Jay-Z" too.

Could the "-" dash be a problem?

edit: If I go into search and type in "Jay-Z" all his videos come up! (including "Jay-Z & Kanye West" from their collaboration album) strange but they don't show up in My Artists.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-03-27

A newbie question, I didn't see the place to put log in information for the XBMC VEVO plugin.
BTW, how to sync with Vevo.com's playlist?
Thanks.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dugan26 - 2012-03-27

Strange Problem:

When creating a "favorite" in MQ3 for Vevo i get script error upon launch

When running it direct from Video, Video Addon etc ... works fine ...

I tried uninstalling reinstalling - even deleting the Vevo folder and redoing etc ... still no go - it use to work just fine - this is all of a sudden ... thoughts?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-28

krish_2k4: I will run some tests and try to see whats up.

ailingcoot: I am not working on log-in because of the facebook requirement.

dugan26: post a log of the error when launched from favorites.

It seems to be a skin issue because I didn't have an issue on confluence.