Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-03-28

(2012-03-27, 23:18)dugan26 Wrote: @dugan26

using Mq3, favorite working fine for me.
(2012-03-28, 00:05)BlueCop Wrote: ailingcoot: I am not working on log-in because of the facebook requirement.

dugan26: post a log of the error when launched from favorites.

It seems to be a skin issue because I didn't have an issue on confluence.
thanks, so actually my artists list in the vevo plugin is the result of searching of local musical files?
Another question: is there any chance to have the feature like youtube plug-in to download the video to local folder?

Re: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - rflores2323 - 2012-03-28

I cant get my artists to work since i am using smb and no music is stored locally. Any other way of gettingthis to work? Maybe adding a inhouse fav to the addon to keep artists stored that we choose as fav artists?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - PatrickBateman - 2012-03-28

Hey BC,

I'm having mixed results with certain feeds, for example:

Video premiers - working (1 page results)
Being watched - only shows 1 video (same all day)
Trending now - no results
Videos by genre - hit and miss (most viewed today brings no results for example)
Artists by genre - same as above
Search - mixed results (searching some artists returns results but won't play, try searching sia)
Staff picks - mixed results (video picks fails, playlist picks = hit n miss)
Top playlists - not working

Will these features be back again soon as currently I can only seem to use vevo for 1 song at a time and no longer as a music channel type plugin Sad

Cheers bro,
Pat~

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-28

rflores2323: are there artists scanned into the audio library? working on adding favorite system.

PatrickBateman: being watched, trending, artists touring nearby are based on location and radius. Try setting latitude and longitude of your current location and increasing the radius for better results. I have been looking for a good service to use to look up coordinates based on city or zip. I am not sure which way to do it.

here is a website to look up lat and long for now. http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocode

if you want to disable the geo based items completely then you can blank out lat and long in the settings.

I did find an error with some videos likes sias not having the genre tags. I am committing a fix for that now.

I can't replicate any other problems with top playlist, staff picks, etc. The video code is common among them so maybe they shared the bug that is fixed now for the sia videos. I am not seeing it though.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - OtisPresley - 2012-03-28

(2012-03-28, 16:03)BlueCop Wrote: rflores2323: are there artists scanned into the audio library? working on adding favorite system.

PatrickBateman: being watched, trending, artists touring nearby are based on location and radius. Try setting latitude and longitude of your current location and increasing the radius for better results. I have been looking for a good service to use to look up coordinates based on city or zip. I am not sure which way to do it.

here is a website to look up lat and long for now. http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocode

if you want to disable the geo based items completely then you can blank out lat and long in the settings.

I did find an error with some videos likes sias not having the genre tags. I am committing a fix for that now.

I can't replicate any other problems with top playlist, staff picks, etc. The video code is common among them so maybe they shared the bug that is fixed now for the sia videos. I am not seeing it though.

Hi BlueCop,

You could use a service like this to set it automatically by IP address. They also show you different ways to access this information too.
http://www.geobytes.com/iplocator.htm?getlocation

This will not always be entirely accurate, and information for some IP addresses won't be available, and the location will be wrong for anyone using a remote proxy or VPN connection. However, you could find another service to use for the option for users to set their location manually by looking up their city/state/province/country and have it pull the longitude and latitude for that.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - PatrickBateman - 2012-03-28

(2012-03-28, 16:03)BlueCop Wrote: rflores2323: are there artists scanned into the audio library? working on adding favorite system.

Hi BC,
That's sorted out my search problems thanks for that, Super quick fix and great to have that facility back, a genuine and sincere thanks from us Smile

I've blanked out the location in the addon settings, which has removed the majority of the non functioning sections (thanks for the heads up).

However, even with a blank location the staff picks/video picks and top playlists Still fail to launch (staff picks playlist picks is ok though)

Again, thanks for creating and maintaining this awesome array of plugins... use em every day Smile

Pat~

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-29

OtisPresley: thanks I wrote something to use that service. It works great for looking up and setting your approximate location.

I got facebook log-in working for accessing your own playlists. I need some friends with playlists on the vevo site though.

I want to add the features for accessing your friends playlists. I plan to get this all committed in one big update. favorites system included.

I might include vevo playlist editing with in the plug-in update as well. It will work via "add to vevo playlist" context items on all videos. It will then display a list of playlist names you currently have the video too. It will also have the option for a new playlist that you can name. You should have full management(add/delete/remove) of site playlists in the plugin when complete.

The amount of root items is growing.

1. Video Premieres
  2. Being Watched
  3. Trending Now
  4. Videos by Genre
  5. Artists by Genre
  6. Artists Touring Nearby
  7. My Artists
  8. Search
  9. Shows
  10. Staff Picks
    - Videos Picks
    - Playlist Picks
  11. Top Playlists
  12. My Playlists

organizing all these is becoming less obvious to me. I already combined the searched methods.

There is also a carousel listing for featured items on the home page I was going to add as "Featured Videos".

How do you logically order or organize these into a list or tree. Let me know if you have any ideas.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - krish_2k4 - 2012-03-29

1. My Artists
2. Video Premieres
3. Trending
- Trending Now
- Being Watched
4. Genre
5. Artists Touring Nearby
6. Shows
7. Staff Picks
- Video Picks
- Playlist Picks
8. Playlists
- Top Playlists
- My Playlists
9. Search

I would just go with the above. Genres I would just make it go to Artists Genres as it is more organised and similar to Video Genres anyway.
Bring Trending under one main menu and put Being Watched and Trending Now as sub menus same with Playlists. Keeps the main menu more simple. My Artists at the top as it is the main library for your music.

Featured Videos can go under or above Video Premieres if you decide to do it. (features would be a great idea btw!)

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-29

krish_2k4: thanks for the input. I will include it in the next update.

I committed an update with favorites added. They can be added via context items on all videos and artists. You can remove them with context items in the favorite list. if the list is empty then it will do the library artists match with the site and add those to favorites. You can re-search library artists or delete all artists with context items on the favorite artists item.

please reset the setting to default and then fill in your information before using this.

It also has facebook login to access stored playlist. It is just listing and playback right now. Editing and creating will be coming.

It also will set you location based on your ip address on first run and store the location in the settings. You can still blank them out to disable

edit:
I got a friend! haha

I added listing friends playlists.

There is still the "Featured Videos" to add and re-arrange items a bit like krish_2k4 suggests. I will work on that and playlist editing stuff later.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - darrenscerri - 2012-03-29

Hi I am running XBMCbuntu and installed the add-on but cannot run it. I am getting "Error: Script Failed!: plugin.video.vevo" everytime I try to run it.

Any ideas?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-03-30

darrenscerri: get me a log if possible. put it on pastebin and post a link.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - rflores2323 - 2012-03-30

wifey just called me that script is failing. I cant get a log right now as Im away.. will try when I get home.

I tested on my mac and linux boxes. I am not sure what could be causing it.

I will try to fix it whenever I get a log. I just can't replicate.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - smad - 2012-03-30

Hi,

I too am getting script failed when launching - i am using Eden final

http://pastebin.com/SfuLTEGB

Would appreciate any help! Thanks!

smad: thanks I know the problem now.

I included mechanize for the facebook login code. I didn't add it as a dependancy in the addon.xml though so it isn't getting installed.

I will add it in and commit an update.